Has anyone trimmed these two decks????

crystaleagle

I want to trim the Steele Wizard and Efflorescent tarot, but I'm not sure how they will turn out. I really like both decks alot. I don't want to end up buying another copy if I don't like the result. Has anyone trimmed these and if so how did they turn out? Thanks for any input!!

decan

I haven't these decks, so I just saw them online; the Steele Wizard has indeed a large black border that I am not crazy about.
For the Efflorescent tarot the large white border doesn't disturb me.

Well, in any case, if you are unsure, wait a bit, because afterwards will be too late! :(

G6

I don't own either deck, but I can offer my 2P. I wouldn't trim the Steele Wizard because the black offers relief and uniformity from those chunky decorative borders. However, if you hate the chunky decorative borders you could trim all the way down to the image. The Efforvescent seems the better candidate. I would leave the thin inner black border then edge the deck in black if the cardstock is good for edging.

crystaleagle

The main reason I want to trim them is because I have small hands and one of them has a couple of pins in it making it difficult to handle large decks. The Efflorescent does seem easier to trim. The Steele Wizard a bit more difficult because of the different borders on Majors and Minors.

Grizabella

I think the Steele Wizard is out of print so if it were me, I'd opt not to trim it. The other deck is one I'm not familiar with but if it's out of print, too, I wouldn't trim that one either. :)

crystaleagle

I think the Steele Wizard is out of print so if it were me, I'd opt not to trim it. The other deck is one I'm not familiar with but if it's out of print, too, I wouldn't trim that one either. :)

I've got the 2nd Edition of the Steele Wizard and I believe it is still available. The Efflorescent is self published on Etsy and is also still avail.

I'm still unsure. The Efflorescent card stock is a little thicker and more papery. Not sure how it would hold up over time after a trim.

MoonGypsy

I want to trim the Steele Wizard and Efflorescent tarot, but I'm not sure how they will turn out. I really like both decks alot. I don't want to end up buying another copy if I don't like the result. Has anyone trimmed these and if so how did they turn out? Thanks for any input!!

i had the first edition and still have the 2nd edition Steele Wizard--i didn't want to trim either edition...i opted to edge them in black to match the borders. It came out gorgeous. i used a jumbo Avery Marks a Lot--

Here is a sample of the First Edition:

http://www.tarotforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=76719&d=1432485404

http://www.tarotforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=76721&d=1432485446

G6

I've got the 2nd Edition of the Steele Wizard and I believe it is still available. The Efflorescent is self published on Etsy and is also still avail.

I'm still unsure. The Efflorescent card stock is a little thicker and more papery. Not sure how it would hold up over time after a trim.

Papery or linen cardstock I've found doesnt edge well because the ink get absorbed more and creates a dull finish. The edges may also get frayed with this cardstock. Traditionally speaking the point of a border is to protect the card image, so if you trim the trade off has to seem worth it to you.

crystaleagle

Papery or linen cardstock I've found doesnt edge well because the ink get absorbed more and creates a dull finish. The edges may also get frayed with this cardstock. Traditionally speaking the point of a border is to protect the card image, so if you trim the trade off has to seem worth it to you.

You make a very good point. I think I'm leaning towards No Trim for the Efflorescent.