Mint (the herb [emoji263])

Awkward.turtle91

the other night I had a dream about mint the herb, I was smelling it in incense form.

So it's got me curious as to what properties it contains and which might be significant towards me right now?

Is anyone willing or able to educate me on this little plant, anything goes feel free to add what ever in.

I've read some where that if we smell mint it might be a loved one/ our angels or spirit guides trying to send us a message? Oh and it helps bad breath LOL are my angels trying to tell me my breath stinks? (Joke) ...

Other then that I'm clueless I'd genuinely like to know.

:) x

sweetcherise13

the other night I had a dream about mint the herb, I was smelling it in incense form.

So it's got me curious as to what properties it contains and which might be significant towards me right now?

I grow mint in my garden and although I'm not an expert on dream interpretation I have a few thoughts as to what it could be pertaining to. Smelling mint could be leaning to either luck in money, a new adventure, digestion issues, or possibly protection. It also can indicate pregnancy, and I believe it's due to morning sickness and mints affect on the tummy. :)

I've read some where that if we smell mint it might be a loved one/ our angels or spirit guides trying to send us a message? Oh and it helps bad breath LOL are my angels trying to tell me my breath stinks? (Joke) ...
I have heard that if you smell certain things that are connected to a deceased loved one, it can be an indication of whom it is. A reminder of sorts.
Yes, mint is also good for bad breath but I have a feeling that's not your message. :p

Maybe one of these may spark a connection for you. :thumbsup:

Tanga

Have you Googled? :)

For your pleasure - I am looking in Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs:

Masculine, Planet Mercury, Element of Air, Deities - Pluto and Hades.
For money, travel, healing and protection/exorcism.

Used in healing potions, to disperse headaches and keep illness at bay.
Fresh mint on your Altar calls in good spirits to aid you with magick.
For banishing, sprinkle it in water with a mixture of marjoram and rosemary.
~~~~

From my Aromatherapy archives:

Peppermint is a classic digestive remedy.
Antispasmodic, helps IBS, good for colds, sinusitis, acne, neuralgia,
rigworm, scabies, and sunburn.

Clears the mind and refreshes the spirit.

:heart:

Awkward.turtle91

I grow mint in my garden and although I'm not an expert on dream interpretation I have a few thoughts as to what it could be pertaining to. Smelling mint could be leaning to either luck in money, a new adventure, digestion issues, or possibly protection. It also can indicate pregnancy, and I believe it's due to morning sickness and mints affect on the tummy. :)

I can assure you sweet cherise I'm not pregnant lol, so perhaps it could mean a birth of a new situation? Rather then an actually pregnancy?

Mmmmm I like the new adventure and protection :).

have heard that if you smell certain things that are connected to a deceased loved one, it can be an indication of whom it is. A reminder of sorts.

Yes, mint is also good for bad breath but I have a feeling that's not your message. :p

Maybe one of these may spark a connection for you. :thumbsup:

My Granddad was a Gardner so it could possibly be him, it does make me wonder because he usually comes as himself in my dreams.

:p I wouldn't be so sure my guides are a little blunt :p x

Awkward.turtle91

Have you Googled? :)

For your pleasure - I am looking in Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs:

Masculine, Planet Mercury, Element of Air, Deities - Pluto and Hades.

For money, travel, healing and protection/exorcism.

Used in healing potions, to disperse headaches and keep illness at bay.

Fresh mint on your Altar calls in good spirits to aid you with magick.

For banishing, sprinkle it in water with a mixture of marjoram and rosemary.

~~~~

Of course tanga, I just wanted added opinions on the matter. Mmmm I've read that about the altar bit I nearly purchase some the other day.

From my Aromatherapy archives:

Peppermint is a classic digestive remedy.

Antispasmodic, helps IBS, good for colds, sinusitis, acne, neuralgia,

rigworm, scabies, and sunburn.

Clears the mind and refreshes the spirit.

:heart:

It's funny you say that, because I have a massive ear ache today, and I'm wondering if it's sinusitis. My throats been groggy too, I've also been out to the woods to try and switch off and be at one :) xx

Tanga

Of course tanga, I just wanted added opinions on the matter.
:) You did say "clueless":
...I've read some where that if we smell mint it might be a loved one/ our angels or spirit guides trying to send us a message? Oh and it helps bad breath LOL are my angels trying to tell me my breath stinks? (Joke) ...

Other then that I'm clueless I'd genuinely like to know...

Are you doing exams?

- Rosemary and Mint is a good sniffing combination for clear head and access to memory.

What does mint mean to you?

It's quite a hardy ole bugger. Once planted in the ground, it spreads invasively and survives winter - so to be planted with caution. :)
A favourite I had in my last garden was pineapple mint. Not just pineapply in smell - but it also always had jolly bright green leaves (I bought a variegated one with white patches on the leaves).
Plus - as I have a cat. I alway have some catmint in a pot for her.
I quite like the flowers too. My catmint has little mid-blue ones.

Awkward.turtle91

:) You did say "clueless":

Are you doing exams?

- Rosemary and Mint is a good sniffing combination for clear head and access to memory.

What does mint mean to you?

It's quite a hardy ole bugger. Once planted in the ground, it spreads invasively and survives winter - so to be planted with caution. :)
A favourite I had in my last garden was pineapple mint. Not just pineapply in smell - but it also always had jolly bright green leaves (I bought a variegated one with white patches on the leaves).
Plus - as I have a cat. I alway have some catmint in a pot for her.
I quite like the flowers too. My catmint has little mid-blue ones.

I like the idea of the sinus problem as I'm having issues with my ear right now ..

But mint to me reminds me of granddad because he used to garden and put mint in foods and things, I was also drawn to the angles etc.

Pineapple mint smells intriguing mmmmm. Xx