WIF ncefafn - April 29-May 1

ncefafn

Thoughts while shuffling
Well, you asked!

There are spots on the wall from where I knocked over a coffee cup a few months ago. Or maybe it was a Coke.

Tom Tadfor Little. Marseilles expert. I wonder if that's our Major Tom, the Scalawag.

The washing cycle's done. I should put the clothes in the dryer.

Salt.

Fire.

The King of Wands just fell out of the deck. I was thinking, 'I wish I could write again.' He looks like Buddha at the Bodhi tree. I hope the candles don't catch the tree on fire. Putting him back in the deck now.

Water.

Between the worlds.

Loneliness. Fear & mistrust.

Watch.

Horse, galloping.

Cards, with first impressions

Fire - 4 of Chalices. Lazy swing. Lolling. A Louis Armstrong song. "Willow weep for me, weep in sympathy, bend your branches down along the ground that runs to sea. When the shadows fall, bend old willow and weep for me. Gone my summer's dream, lovely summer dream, gone and left me here to weep my tears into the stream . . ."

Earth - 2 of Chalices. A bird may love a fish, but where would they live? Does love have to isolate itself to be pure? Heavy boots to anchor you to the earth. How do you fly with heavy boots?

Air - The Sun. Fields of Gold. Warmed by the sun. Freckles are sun-kisses. Love and acceptance. At last, I'm home.

Water - Ace of Swords. When the student is ready, the teacher appears. When the writer is ready, inspiration appears. Open hands. Burning sword. Pain of initiation.

Spirit - 6 of Wands. Magic beanstalk. Lo, I bring you good news which shall be for all people. Share and share alike. The hero's return. I'll be there with bells on. Festina lente.

Reading

Fire - What am I passionate about? What will light a spark in me? What makes me mad?

Daydreaming can light my spark this week. I don't allow myself enough time to daydream anymore. That closes off my well. I need to take a breather. Also, getting detached from reality or letting things slide can lead to anger and disputes.

Earth - What can ground me? What are my physical/material needs? How do I risk getting stuck in the mud?

Oh, now this is interesting. A little too personal to share on a public forum. But my first impression -- a bird may love a fish . . . -- is definitely in play here. I think I need to put those heavy boots on and spend some time tramping around on the earth, go for some long walks. On the other hand, I shouldn't close off from the watery aspect completely.

Air - Where do I breathe easy? What inspires me? How and what do I communicate?

The intellectual, communicative realm is definitely the one that makes me feel at home -- it's my place in the sun. So this week is one where I really need to focus on writing. That will be my greatest source of joy. I need to beware, though, of egocentricity in my communications with others.

Water - What am I feeling emotional about? How's my heart? What is my intuition telling me?

I have to open up emotionally to receive creative inspiration. I think this is telling me to spend a lot of time journaling this week, getting my emotions down on paper. It's interesting I'm writing all this with a red pen. My heart is bleeding all over these pages!

Spirit - What ways will my spirit grow this week? How can I grow spiritually?

Sharing. That's the image I get from this card. It' s not enough that I've gone through hell (my own version of it, anyway). I have to be brave enough to share my gifts with others. I have to put myself out there and be willing to receive either huzzahs or hisses. Regardless, I have to ride tall in the saddle. This is my journey.

On the other hand, maybe I just need to incorporate more beans in my diet. :)

Kim

lunalafey

ncefafn said:
Earth - What can ground me? What are my physical/material needs? How do I risk getting stuck in the mud?

I think I need to put those heavy boots on and spend some time tramping around on the earth, go for some long walks. On the other hand, I shouldn't close off from the watery aspect completely.

squshing mud between your toes is really wonderful, nice mix of earth and water.

I really like the questiones you posed for the meanings of the elements.
Did you make those beforehand?

Your reading carries alot of emotion and it looks to me that the emotion is what blocks your writing.
I think this is telling me to spend a lot of time journaling this week, getting my emotions down on paper.

exactly!...once that done and out of the way, the ball really starts to roll

ncefafn

Well, I did start journaling quite a lot, and that unblocked or undammed the flow. While journaling I came up with an idea for a story, and just wrote the idea down as a sentence fragment -- not even a plot, really, just a character. I fiddled around with it for a while, and eventually got started on a story I'm really excited about. Exploring my ideas about the story in my journal helped me map out where I want to go with the story. So I guess what I'm saying is, the only major arcana showed the area of the greatest growth for me last week, and the other cards helped show me how to get there.

Kim

ncefafn

lunalafey said:
What of the whole excercise was the most on the mark?

The Sun in the Air position, but also the jumper that I put back in the deck. While I was shuffling, this is what happened and what I wrote:

ncefafn said:
The King of Wands just fell out of the deck. I was thinking, 'I wish I could write again.' He looks like Buddha at the Bodhi tree. I hope the candles don't catch the tree on fire. Putting him back in the deck now.

I didn't go back and look at this whole entry until just now. What amazed me was that some time ago, I'd bought a "creativity" candle at a new age bookstore, and never used it. Then during the time frame of this reading, a storm blew up, and I went around the house lighting every candle, just in case, including this one. Since then, my writing has shot off like a firecracker. Let this be a lesson to me to (1) pay attention to jumpers and (2) note down what I was thinking when it popped out and what my initial impression to it was.

lunalafey said:
What of the whole excercise never made an appearance of never got a connection?

The Four of Chalices. I never really did spend any time daydreaming. Oh, and the Six of Wands, since I don't think I really shared anything, unless you count those Misfortune-Telling readings I did in the Exchange. But, now that I think of it, those were really interactive role-playing games, so there was a sharing going on there, in the realm of creativity.

What card stood out the most to you?

Definitely the Sun.

What element's essence had the most impact within your time-frame?
examples

Again, Air, with the Sun there.

if you can: share one thing that this excersise brought to you.

The lesson noted above, about paying attention to jumpers.

This was a good exercise, lunalafey. Thanks for getting it started.

Kim