Tarot Box-making hobby

blue_fusion

new boxies!

just some stuff i did over the course of a few weekends. for some reason, they have a predominantly tolkien theme. and, weirdly, now i have more boxes than decks!

top, left to right: "rohan" box, pentacle box, art deco box
bottom, left to right; arabian nights box, "varda elentari" box, "laurelin" box

Attachments

• new_boxies.jpg
    new_boxies.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 288

The crowned one

Blue fusion, those are great boxes!

Promise

I am in awe! Such beautiful crafting!

Have you ever considered selling these on etsy or a similar site? I really think you'd have success with it. I know I would be very tempted to invest in a few!

firefrost

You've all made beautiful boxes. blue_fusion, thank you for the tutorial.

I'm getting inspirational ideas for my two decks that haven't got boxes now...

rwcarter

blue_fusion said:
just some stuff i did over the course of a few weekends.
Abso-frigging-lutely beautiful!!!!! If my box-making skills approach even 1/10 the level of beauty of your boxes, I will be one happy camper.

blue_fusion said:
weirdly, now i have more boxes than decks!
With 400 decks in my collection and my present skill level of box-making, it'll be a long, long time before I get anywhere near having more boxes than decks!:laugh:

Rodney

Pao

OMGGGG I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Verda Elentari!!!!

do you plan on selling some of these? put me on the list for that one if you ever do! :D

MysticalMoose

Wow! there are some stunning boxes on this thread....I sadly have the creative ability & talent of a plank :( so i dont think you will be seeing any of my creations any time soon! However should anyone decide to start sellling any of these beauties on eBay I shall be one happy customer!!!! :)

:love: MM

blue_fusion

rwcarter said:
Abso-frigging-lutely beautiful!!!!! If my box-making skills approach even 1/10 the level of beauty of your boxes, I will be one happy camper.

i think you'll manage. the celtic-y pattern i emailed you is the one in the "rohan" box. :) AND do share the pics of your creations!

rwcarter

blue_fusion,

As soon as I make something that's more than utilitarian, I'll definitely share. Right now everything I'm making is a "learning experience." ;)

Rodney

moonspirit

Wow! These boxes are great creative pieces of art. I love them!:heart: Some of the links didn't work for me but the ones I did see are amazing. Are there any other tutorials on these?

Moonspirit