Astrological Oracle cards

BeautyMarked

The other day I saw these gorgeous cards at a local store. They caught me eye so much that I had to return the following day and purchase them.

They are Astrological Oracle cards.... I have no clue what oracle cards are and how they differ from tarot. In the pack, theres a card for each astrological sign and for each planet that governs us (mars, venus, jupitar etc) and the soon and the moon.

Can anyone provide some more insight on how to use these beautiful cards?

cardlady22

Do you mean this deck?
http://www.tarotgarden.com/database/images/a-decks/astrologicaloraclecards.gif (Thanks, TG!)

If so, I have this one. The LWB is basically suggesting that you set it up like an astrological chart and interpret the planet as working/living in the sign/house. If you aren't interested in learning astrology, I don't think it will be much use. (Although I adore the lovely art!) Since the cards are quite long & hard to shuffle, I use a set of role-play gamer's dice to roll for the planet, house and sign ~ then I lay out the cards.

PM me if you want more info on the dice.

rwcarter

Normally I'd say you'd get more responses over in the Oracles Decks forum, but there have been two threads on this deck (assuming it's the one cardlady22 linked to at TG) and no one has responded to either thread. This thread will still most likely get moved over to the Oracle Decks forum since it doesn't pertain to a tarot deck.

But in answer to your question about the difference between oracle and tarot, tarot decks pretty much follow the structure of 22 major arcana and 4 minor arcana suits totaling 78 cards. Oracle decks don't have to have that structure in terms of number of cards or breakdown between the suits.

HTH,
Rodney

minrice

I'm not going to be much if any help Beauty but I have this Oracle! I rarely use my oracles and I know little about astrology but I bought this deck because it is so beautiful. I think I am going to frame the cards and make a gorgeous wall hanging out of them ;) that is how I will use them.

cardlady22

Thanks for the pics, jrr01! I hadn't seen those before.

jrr01

I had them, I lost the cards, but I had to rebuy it again along with the book just toget the cards. LOL.

BeautyMarked

cardlady22 said:
Do you mean this deck?
http://www.tarotgarden.com/database/images/a-decks/astrologicaloraclecards.gif (Thanks, TG!)

If so, I have this one. The LWB is basically suggesting that you set it up like an astrological chart and interpret the planet as working/living in the sign/house. If you aren't interested in learning astrology, I don't think it will be much use. (Although I adore the lovely art!) Since the cards are quite long & hard to shuffle, I use a set of role-play gamer's dice to roll for the planet, house and sign ~ then I lay out the cards.

PM me if you want more info on the dice.

That's the exact deck!!

jrr01

cardlady22 said:
Thanks for the pics, jrr01! I hadn't seen those before.

They are real neat and easy to read.