Crystals that suddenly get really warm...?

blueviolet

Sorry if this has already been discussed (I'm sure it must've), but I'm a bit new to crystals. This is about a rose quartz intention bracelet I have that's fairly new.
A few days ago I was standing busy doing something (I forget what, but my thoughts weren't on my bracelet I was wearing), and suddenly I felt it get really hot on my wrist. Keep in mind I'm up north, it's winter, and I'm naturally very cold, have cold hands. This stopped me and I held my wrist and the stones to confirm, yes, I was still cold, but the bracelet was suddenly emitting waves of heat. After the first wave cooled, I went back to what I was doing only for it to heat up again.
What does that mean?

EDIT: I just wanted to add that this has happened again today, that I've noticed. It may be a stupid question, I apologize, but I couldn't find the answer that would explain this anywhere in my research. Any ideas, thoughts?
I really appreciate it!

ncharge

I have felt this, too. I think one of two things is going on. Either the crystal is doing what it was programmed to do and putting a lot of effort into it (like a protective crystal is actively absorbing or reflecting harmful energies or a healing crystal is making a push for healing), or it is working with/against your energy and reacting to you. Potentially, this could also happen when the crystal is being cleansed in the sun. One woman I knew held a tear-shaped pendant in her fist and it actually burned a red mark on her palm that took a while to fade.

blueviolet

Thanks for the response, Ncharge. Hmm... I'm thinking that maybe it's working like you said, revving up, or receiving energy from the divine/cosmos to do its work on me. Or perhaps, in relation to its given intention/purpose, it's sensing something somewhere that it's almost "communicating" with me on.
Or perhaps it's magnifying something it's picking up wthin me.
It's definitely got me thinking about it, though!

At least in this case, for these stones, it feels positive to me. I have felt other stones I've gotten recently that didn't feel right to me, not connecting, not positive -- not hot, but just not cleansed, carrying something that I don't like.
Good to know about being careful with them after cleansing in the sun.

allecto

I've had rose quartz get quite warm, too - warmer than I'd expect just from body heat. I think it's when we're working really strongly together and there's a lot of energy flow. I've never been burned by a crystal, though.

Milfoil

I have also had crystals feeling warm or prickly against my skin. In fact if I hold quartz in my left hand and Magnetite in my right hand they fizz and prickle! I don't 'do' anything in particular other than relax and meditate. I don't fully understand what is going on but afterwards I seem to be cleared (energetically) for a while.

It is also worth noting that many crystals, especially quartz, make excellent lenses. Add a bit of sun and you get a very distinct (and REAL) burning sensation which can start fires. ;) Clear quartz has been used to fashion the most expensive astronomical lenses for centuries.

celticnoodle

I've only just seen this thread, and am intrigued. I don't know much about crystals myself, but trying to learn. :)

the rose quartz, as I am sure you know, is a great stone for healing emotions--as well as giving inner peace. it is also good to use in healings for headaches, kidney disease, sinus problems, weight loss or gain, and a host of other things. this leads me to wonder if you are having any health issues that perhaps the rose crystal was heating up to help heal? just a thought.

Chronata

I have had this happen to me as well! A warmth and energy...sometimes so hot it burned, and left red marks.

For me, it ONLY seems to happen with quartz based stones...

It happened with clear crystals, rose quartz, citrine, bloodstone, carnelian and aventurine...and ametrine has burned me on several occasions! (two different pieces)

I think there is an energy in me that reacts to quartz, and I think it's good (except maybe in the case of the ametrine)
I like to believe it responds by doing what it is supposed to do!

Samarial

my moonstone ring felt very warm on my finger and when i touched it when i first wore it.

blueviolet

I'm so glad to hear about your experiences with quartz crystals similar to mine (it's not just me) :) . It is a nice feeling though, isn't it? It feels positive. And yes, Celticnoodle, I do have health issues that perhaps it would be picking up on and mending, hopefully.