The hierophant as a relationship, clarifier: page of wands?

cherrycocacora

I was asking about a friend and drew the hierophant as our relationship. I was a bit confused, since the rigid, authority-and-tradition-oriented hierophant doesn't really fit our silly, loose, & creative friendship at all. So I drew a clarifier card and wound up with the page of wands. I think this card definitely makes more sense as a description of our relationship - there's definitely that creative 'spark' of discovery in our friendship.

I was wondering what you all thought of the hierophant. Maybe it's saying we are a powerful force when we work together? Or something to that effect? I'm trying to give my potential interpretation, but I'm really pretty clueless about how it could relate.

(If this helps, I also drew the two of pentacles representing who he is to me and the two of cups representing who I am to him. I took the two of pentacles to mean he is a very stablizing, balancing presence for me, and I took the two of cups to mean he finds a deep, meaningful partner/friend in me.)

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Hi cherrycocacora,

How many cards did you draw in the reading you did? Per the UTC Posting Rules, you may list and/or discuss up to HALF of the cards from a reading.

rwcarter, co-Moderator of Using Tarot Cards

cherrycocacora

Hi,

It was a five-card spread with a couple clarifying cards. Is 4/7 okay? Or should I move it to the readings thread?

Sorry for the confusion!

rwcarter

Moderator Note

For odd numbers of cards, it's OK to post about the greater half, so 4/7 is fine.

IndigoWaves

I was asking about a friend and drew the hierophant as our relationship. I was a bit confused, since the rigid, authority-and-tradition-oriented hierophant doesn't really fit our silly, loose, & creative friendship at all. So I drew a clarifier card and wound up with the page of wands. I think this card definitely makes more sense as a description of our relationship - there's definitely that creative 'spark' of discovery in our friendship.

I was wondering what you all thought of the hierophant. Maybe it's saying we are a powerful force when we work together? Or something to that effect? I'm trying to give my potential interpretation, but I'm really pretty clueless about how it could relate.

(If this helps, I also drew the two of pentacles representing who he is to me and the two of cups representing who I am to him. I took the two of pentacles to mean he is a very stablizing, balancing presence for me, and I took the two of cups to mean he finds a deep, meaningful partner/friend in me.)
The Hierophant would be a pretty heavy-handed card to receive if only friendship were in mind, but the Page of Wands hints that something more is indeed going on -- though the other person may not be so inclined at all, putting the brakes on at some point, like the Hierophant's commanding hand gesture... If either of you is already in a relationship, as well, the card is likely reminding that it be taken seriously, as playfully fiery "fun" can sometimes escalate into unexpectedly troublesome events.

To you, this person is intensely focused on material matters, trying to "juggle" multiple relationships, or perhaps making you consider juggling your own (2 of Pents)... While he sees you as very much one-on-one with him, seeking an intimate emotional connection and undivided attention (2 of Cups). So, he's picked up on feelings and intent from you, it appears, but his position within the 2 of Pents isn't clear -- whether he's the juggler, or a pentacle that you wonder if you'll manage to handle, yourself.

cherrycocacora

The Hierophant would be a pretty heavy-handed card to receive if only friendship were in mind, but the Page of Wands hints that something more is indeed going on -- though the other person may not be so inclined at all, putting the brakes on at some point, like the Hierophant's commanding hand gesture... If either of you is already in a relationship, as well, the cards is likely reminding that this be taken seriously, as fiery "fun" can sometimes escalate into unexpectedly troublesome events.

To you, this person is intensely focused on material matters, trying to "juggle" multiple relationships, or perhaps making you consider juggling your own (2 of Pents)... While he sees you as very much one-on-one with him, seeking an intimate emotional connection and undivided attention (2 of Cups). So, he's picked up on feelings and intent from you, it appears, but his position within the 2 of Pents isn't clear -- whether he's the juggler, or a pentacle that you wonder if you could handle, yourself.

Hm...so you definitely see this combination as pointing to something beyond friendship? Our relationship has been nothing but platonic so far, and while we have good platonic chemistry I'm not attracted to him. He's in a relationship, and I was for most of our friendship as well. I don't think either of us has ever overstepped a boundary...but maybe he feels as though he's juggling two intimate relationships (2 of pentacles/2 of cups)? And this could eventually make him feel the need to be rigid and "put the brakes on" (hierophant)?

IndigoWaves

Willingly or not, sparks went across with the Page of Wands (not great at hiding things), and combined with the 2 of Cups as how your focus is being interpreted, this guy feels like a new relationship has either already budded or is simply "on offer"... Whether the Hierophant shows that he'll be limiting that energy/closeness, himself, before anything major happens, or whether it's advising that you do so as a precaution is uncertain.