Ten of Wands or Death and Four of Wands in a relationship reading

SeekingLife

I have done a few tarot readings about a relationship and first, where it is headed, and then later on, what kind of relationship the other person thinks we have. In the first reading, I got an immediate future of "Death" but an outcome card of "Four of Wands". In the second reading, which I have just done now, I got an immediate future of "Ten of Swords" and then an outcome of "Four of Wands". The relationship has been rather platonic in nature - we are good friends and spend time together when we can, but we've also been romantic (as in friends with benefits sort of thing which is what I fear). Before when asking about the relationship, I'd often get Two of Cups all over along with Two of Swords and Three of Wands. There's been a lot of fear of movement in the relationship from both of us; neither have made any declarations of love or anything like that. I know I've definitely been holding back though I want to say something. I want to be realistic about things between us, so I don't just want to jump to conclusions as to what Four of Wands means. I know that Death and Ten of Swords mean endings and things not going as planned, so I don't want to rush to say Four of Wands is anything signifying movement toward something more substantial in the situation and then find it's not.

I feel that something in the near future is going to change or end (Death and Ten of Swords), because they have shown up in both readings. Because of the nature of the Ten of Swords, I feel that it will be a painful ending. What confuses me is what will end as the Four of Wands seems to signify that the relationship will still be there, a happy or at least comfortable one at that. I don't see marriage, of course, nor anything like that. All I see at this point is still friendship. But I will lose something or something will end possibly painfully.

Part of me wants to link this with the cards from other readings regarding this relationship, particularly the Two of Swords and Three of Wands. With Two of Swords, I feel that there is much fear of movement in the relationship. My take on Three of Wands that showed up often contradicts what other people often see - I tended to see it as him waiting for something better to come along rather than investing in what he has with me. He's not originally from around here, so when I see the man looking at the ships, I imagine this guy looking to go back where he came from and leave me behind. But Four of Wands just seems too happy for something like that. I would imagine Three of Swords would be more appropriate as an outcome for that.

rwcarter

Moderator Note

This thread was moved from Your Readings to Using Tarot Cards because it seems to focus on both partial readings (the cards from the title of the thread) and repeating cards (the other cards mentioned). All cards from readings need to be interpreted by the original poster before others may reply, so please hold off until SeekingLife has added her interpretations. Two responses were hidden and will be returned to view after interpretations are added.

rwcarter, co-Moderator of Using Tarot Cards