Combination Two of Swords, The World, The Hermit?

Arithmeya

Hello everyone, I was wondering if someone could lend me a hand in interpreting this combination.
It is the "Result" in a regular Celtic Cross, where I usually put out three cards except in position 1,2, 7 and 9. Tarot deck used: The Manga Tarot, which I like a lot.

The question was about the man in my heart, let's call him Mr E, who I feel a very specific bond with but he is absolutely impossible to have a relation with, for time being. So I wait. (He has had long relationships before, but been really hurt. Nowadays he "just dont fall in love" Yeah right.) He is though "very very attracted to me", and "likes me so very much". Well well.
When I've done tarot readings on us before, 10 of Pentacles always come up, and Five of Swords. He feels special, but damaged, and this won't be easy.

This time, the question was "What does Mr E's path to me look like?"
Situation 1 was 10 of Pentacles, crossed by Temperance.
Questioner (7) Judgement and his feelings (9) The Lovers
Coming soon was the three cards 10 of Wands, The Emperor and Queen of Swords.

And the Result: Two of Swords, The World, The Hermit, doesn't make sense to me?
Does he have to travel for a while, and will know the truth in his heart? OR is he just at best with being alone and single? And the two of swords I find difficult…

I would be so grateful for some help here.

Namaste!

Arithmeya

Yes and I should say - on a reading on him a couple of days ago, I got exactly the same three cards as The Result. So it seems to be It. Scary this Tarot sometimes?

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Welcome to Aeclectic, Arithmeya!

The forum Posting Guidelines (click) state that when asking for help with cards from readings that you must provide your own interpretations before anyone else may help you. You also will need to provide feedback to each person who posts trying to help you. And a general "thanks" is not considered feedback.

Other posters, please hold off until Arithmeya has provided her own interpretations.

rwcarter, co-Moderator of Using Tarot Cards

Arithmeya

Ok ok - sorry, rookie mistake ;-)

My own interpretation of this Question, "His path to me", is the situation 10 of Pentacles that would stand for a long lasting relationship, crossed by Temperance which I intuitively felt in context of "healing". Or rather, for it to be a long lasting relationship, there must be healing and senses of inner harmony first.
He (Judgement) is weighing pros and cons now, feelings (The Lovers) of love and/or with the choosing of other partners (which I know is happening).
Coming soon: will be fierce struggeling and adjusting to the people around him, he will feel demands (10 of wands). And then, in Manga Deck the Emperor and Empress is reversed. So this is No 3 which is The Emperor. So I read out that he will be there, he will be around and have warm feelings. The Queen of Swords is breaking the Sword "In thought, where you arrive is not where you started" I like that one so much, tells me of a travel, a passage in thought and opinion.

The Result then, first Two of Swords. In the picture he is blindfolded and swaying with two Swords in different directions. I get that as either he is playing along two ways or constantly changing his mind. Or, dont listen to his inner feelings.
And then The World next to The Hermit, and this is what I don't get?
I interpret The World as fulfillment and happiness, but also sometimes travel. And the Hermit, wants to be alone to think, and gets guided by the heart.
My guess is that he will be an emotional/thinking mess, not listening or understanding himself, until some kind of fulfillment and/or travel comes, and it comes with some time for himself. Could also be that he realizes he dont want a relationship with anyone.

What do you think?

rwcarter

This time, the question was "What does Mr E's path to me look like?"
I have a small problem with the question because it contains an implicit assumption that his path leads to you at some point. That may not be the case. One could say, "Oh, well, the cards will show me that if it's not the case." I'm not quite sure whether or not I agree with that though....

Situation 1 was 10 of Pentacles, crossed by Temperance.
He is quite content in his life (10P), probably enjoying his family (extended if he doesn't have an immediate family of his own). As crossing card, Temperance suggests that he's struggling with how to fit you into that life, trying to find the right mixture of you and his current life.

Questioner (7) Judgement and his feelings (9) The Lovers
Assuming the Questioner position refers to the person asking the question, meaning you in this case, Judgement indicates that you're ready to reap what you've sown (in other words ready to get some pay-off for the time and effort you've put in so far). "Relationship" isn't the first thing I think of when I see the Lovers. Elementally, it's an Air card and not a Cups card. So I relate it more to choices. And this "feelings" position isn't about you, but instead is about the question being read on - his path to you. So that suggests to me that his feelings would be more analytical right now, thinking more about the details ("well, I'd have to change this and that and the other and that will be different, etc.") than any emotion he may/may not be feeling.

Coming soon was the three cards 10 of Wands, The Emperor and Queen of Swords.
As the question was about his path to you, the cards are addressing what's coming soon in that path - He's going to feel overburdened (10W) because he feels like he's being made to do something (bending to authority - Emperor) by a woman who he'd rather not cross (QS).

And the Result: Two of Swords, The World, The Hermit, doesn't make sense to me?
He finds himself at a crossroads and is unable to make a decision (2S) about that which could complete him (World) so he continues on his solo journey (Hermit).

Probably not what you were hoping to hear.

Rodney

Arithmeya

I have a small problem with the question because it contains an implicit assumption that his path leads to you at some point. That may not be the case. One could say, "Oh, well, the cards will show me that if it's not the case." I'm not quite sure whether or not I agree with that though....

He is quite content in his life (10P), probably enjoying his family (extended if he doesn't have an immediate family of his own). As crossing card, Temperance suggests that he's struggling with how to fit you into that life, trying to find the right mixture of you and his current life.

Assuming the Questioner position refers to the person asking the question, meaning you in this case, Judgement indicates that you're ready to reap what you've sown (in other words ready to get some pay-off for the time and effort you've put in so far). "Relationship" isn't the first thing I think of when I see the Lovers. Elementally, it's an Air card and not a Cups card. So I relate it more to choices. And this "feelings" position isn't about you, but instead is about the question being read on - his path to you. So that suggests to me that his feelings would be more analytical right now, thinking more about the details ("well, I'd have to change this and that and the other and that will be different, etc.") than any emotion he may/may not be feeling.

As the question was about his path to you, the cards are addressing what's coming soon in that path - He's going to feel overburdened (10W) because he feels like he's being made to do something (bending to authority - Emperor) by a woman who he'd rather not cross (QS).

He finds himself at a crossroads and is unable to make a decision (2S) about that which could complete him (World) so he continues on his solo journey (Hermit).

Probably not what you were hoping to hear.

Rodney

Ok, thank you Rodney. What I want to hear is actually clear thoughts on this, not as it is when you are putting out cards for yourself - mixed up with your own wishes and needs. So I appreciate your reading very much, thank you!

I dont think I got it clear though, about position no 7 that is more referred to as "you", that would then refer to him or the question, right?

And I think you are right about the 10P in first position, it stands for his extended family. Which in this case probably is the vast crowd of ex girlfriends that he keep around him and keep having affairs with. Yes, I've gotten to know more since I put out these cards… and I'm quite put off actually. Which I have told him - typically Queen of Swords ;-)

rwcarter

I dont think I got it clear though, about position no 7 that is more referred to as "you", that would then refer to him or the question, right?
I can only go by the title of the position that you listed - Questioner. To me that means the person asking the question, not the person being asked about.

Rodney