Knight of Swords bringing change...

ironmama

Hello, i have a question,
has anyone experienced the knight of swords similar to the tower card?
I have pulled the k.of.s. many times recently, also enforced by the tower card and the death card, correlating to sweeping (not fun) drastic change in my life.
Riding through, sword in hand, tearing the clouds, and slashing through hopes....
Has anyone else found this card to represent such things?

caridwen

I've had the Knight of Swords to represent arguments. Sometimes arguments can feel like the Tower or bring about Tower like changes.

Dulcimer

Likewise I've found it to refer to a mental rather than a physical 'onrush' of force. But neither catastrophic nor necessarily a bad thing even though it's effect can be painful. Its one of those where the interpretation depends on the cards around it. Unlike The Tower however I've always found it to be a quickly passing, if uncontrollable, event.
It is not unusual to find this card turning up with similarly accented cards like The Tower.

BLFO

I wonder if this card could not be so negative. It could be "a sudden change or exchange of events" shared by two like or unlike minds. Perhaps it doesn't have to mean that it is an arguement? Maybe two people discover or recognize the same concepts or ideas together in a conversation? Like an emotional or conceptual breakthrough that could be indicated like a Tower or Death card meaning sudden transition, instead of sudden negative or bad event/communication.

mollymawk

I like the Knight of Swords. I think it depends on your own make-up how you see him, as well as the context of the reading. Some people thrive on those kinds of realisations; some don't.

Is he like the Tower? Not to me. But he may seem so to some folks, though they'd have to be pretty concretely entrenched in their ways, I believe, to get that kind of reaction. It can depend on the state of mind you're in at the time, too, but Tower-like is not what I get from him. Remember that some people do get hysterical at the thought of change at all. I think where the Tower-feeling may come in is seeing any change of plans or change of perception (cos that'll happen with this character) as a disaster.

Both cards have a lot to do with light, but the changes that come of the Knight of Swords are not the same as those wrought by the Tower. But if you're not fond of change at all...

I've had the meeting of the minds experience indicated by him before--it does take things to a whole new level, and quickly, but doesn't have that shattering things you value to ruins quality to it.

It's going to depend on the situation, and just as importantly, on the person. When I'm reading for myself, I've fallen into calling him the Knight of Light, because that's who he is to me--and the KoS people I tend to meet--they often embody that Knight of Light quality. So for some folks, certainly, it's great.

I don't want to veer off onto an esoteric track here, and I could, easily, because for me that's where this character lives, but no, he's not always a negative card, not by any means.

tink27

I see all the four Knights as the four horseman of the Apocalypse. In the Rider Waite, each are mounted in full battle, representing vigor and the impulsive creative power of their youth.

The Knight of Swords does not hesitate but charges straight for his opponent....he can definitely cause a lot of damage and terror in his wake. He has a strong intelligence and his ideas are original which he deems worth pursuing...but without balance and reason, he'll knock down anyone in his way in his pursuit of them. He can be violent and act totally from instinct.

As a person, or a situation this card has the ability to charge and break through the status quo! But they will have to be ready for the changes that will occur from the onslaught of their swift and impulsive actions.

tink :love:

YDM42

BLFO this card once indicated in my readings a person stating something that radically changed the relationship- it ended the relationship.

What they said was so contradicted my ideas of who I thought they were...so yes to me it can have a tower affect, someone charging forward with some statement which severs all ties- no argument, just surprising and shocking clarity of what one is dealing with.

BLFO said:
I wonder if this card could not be so negative. It could be "a sudden change or exchange of events" shared by two like or unlike minds. Perhaps it doesn't have to mean that it is an arguement? Maybe two people discover or recognize the same concepts or ideas together in a conversation? Like an emotional or conceptual breakthrough that could be indicated like a Tower or Death card meaning sudden transition, instead of sudden negative or bad event/communication.

YDM42

I think of the saying" better to be thought of as a fool, than to open ones mouth and confirm ones foolishness"

ironmama

knight of light?

Well, the situation i was doing a reading about was one where someone deeply wanted something to concieve, and was putting a lot of her energy towards that-- everything looked good, the 2 of cups and the 9 of cups kept coming up, HER wish was being granted, but the knight of swords kept coming into the readings, and when he did, she miscarried. Later it was realized that her partner didn't want to have children, and the goal was only hers and not a shared one.
Interesting huh? Knight of light, i've never heard that.
I suppose all situations can be looked at from positive and negative sides, and this one in particular, perhaps the knight was trying to set some sort of balance right, but to her, it was a tower like situation.

caridwen

ironmama said:
Well, the situation i was doing a reading about was one where someone deeply wanted something to concieve, and was putting a lot of her energy towards that-- everything looked good, the 2 of cups and the 9 of cups kept coming up, HER wish was being granted, but the knight of swords kept coming into the readings, and when he did, she miscarried. Later it was realized that her partner didn't want to have children, and the goal was only hers and not a shared one.
Interesting huh? Knight of light, i've never heard that.
I suppose all situations can be looked at from positive and negative sides, and this one in particular, perhaps the knight was trying to set some sort of balance right, but to her, it was a tower like situation.

Sometimes the truth of a situation knocks you sideways. I wouldnt' say the Knight represented a miscarriage but I would say that it represented the suddeness of the truth regarding her partner. He possibly charged in with his views and blew her away.