How is the Moon card related to romance?

pasara

Sirrushing, your post cracked me up!!

Glass Owl

SirRushing said:
There is a thin line between lust, attraction and love actually. For all we know, your friend may not be in love. She could be just settling. Which if you really look at life, many people settle and call it love.
Relationships go through cycles, just like the moon does.

Looking back on my current relationship I see how I ignored things in the beginning and allowed myself to get so caught up the attraction that I allowed myself to believe that what I was experiencing was love. I ignored things that I shouldn't have, for starters... it was like my brain was in a fog. Imade choices that in retrospect I would have not made if I hadn't fallen under the love "spell" which made me feel brave and empowered.

I think that the Moon is magical as well as illusionary.

"Well, love is insanity. The ancient Greeks knew that. It is the taking over of a rational and lucid mind by delusion and self-destruction. You lose yourself, you have no power over yourself, you can't even think straight." --Marilyn French

"Love is the extra effort we make in our dealings with those whom we do not like and once you understand that, you understand all. This idea that love overtakes you is nonsense. This is but a polite manifestation of sex." --Quentin Crisp

Fostha

SirRushing said:
There is a thin line between lust, attraction and love actually. For all we know, your friend may not be in love. She could be just settling. Which if you really look at life, many people settle and call it love.

Growing up I use to admire at older people who have been married 50 plus years and think "Wow, they must have loved each other to be married that long while every one today is divorcing like crazy." As soon as my grandfather died, my grandmother was like "Him dying was such a relief. Now I can do my own thing. He got on my nerves." There you go. Being in "love" for 50 years of marriage. LOL

I am sure that when my grandmother met my grandfather they had the Moon illusions of "love aka lust aka attraction", but once you settle in a relationship and have kids all that romance dies because that handsome man you saw as your boyfriend and new husband is now just some man whom farts all day in the house and is too lazy to take out the garbage and you wish he would wipe his behind a little bit better after using the toilette, since you are the one who has to do the laundry and you get tired of him leaving "car tire streaks" in his underpants, which totally disgust you.

Lust is delusional. Love is delusional. Attraction is delusional. Romance is delusional. It is all the Moon when you meet someone you fall in love with. When you have stupid fantasies of "marriage happily ever after till death to us part" on your wedding day. And when you think the both of you want to have kids together because wouldn't it be cute to have a child to look like the both of you, without considering how much hard work it takes to be a parent.

It is all the Moon...no one is in love without have that big delusional fantasy of you and your significant other being together years down the road.

Moon!
Oh sirrushing...so so true. But for me the flip-side of the moon is when you tell yourself all of the above,but it still feels completely rational,even if it seems irrational to thousands of others.lust,attraction,romance may all be delusional,but love aint,love is a choice.Love is hard work,but it means loving all the parts of that person,not just the nice bits,but the rewards from sharing it,with the right person, are real happiness,but its only when 2 people choose to work together that it really can work,and then the results really can,and sometimes do last a lifetime. I wish you the best of luck when you find that someone you love.

SirRushing

This Moon in relation to romance got me thinking of something deeper. I don't know about non-American countries, but there was a statistic that 60% of married men and 40% of married women will cheat on their spouse by having an extra-marital affair.

Now I know when people get married, they don't plan of cheating on their spouse in the future. To a certain point and I don't care how many years you have been dating, it is basically fun since you two are still living separate lives. Then you get engaged, then things get further exciting. After that you get married and become newlyweds. Again, you are living high on enjoying the novelty of thinking it is cute to now call your boyfriend your husband. And your girlfriend, your wife.

All of it is FUN FUN FUN. EXCITING EXCITING EXCITING. An ADVENTURE ADVENTURE ADVENTURE.

You are living of a romantic high of it all. The Moon phase. Until...

You have been married for 5 to 10 years where you see each other all the time. You might still love your spouse, but boy are you kind of sick and tired of seeing their face everyday. It doesn't help when you are now arguing about the bills due to one of the spouse spending more money than they should. Or you get tired of the house not being quite due to the kids being loud. And you just wish you can walk around naked in the house with your spouse like you did before you had the kids. Marriage is no longer FUN, EXCITING and an ADVENTURE. It is just a mundane, typical and maybe boring routine. The Moon is gone.

You miss the days where you didn't see your significant other for a few days, so when you plan to get together on a date, you dress up for each other. Because you miss seeing each other, they look so damn sexy and "new". Maybe they changed their hair, clothing, perfume, or cologne a little bit the last time you saw them.

Now that you married you see them all the time so there will never be anything new about your spouse. That is where the cheating comes in. You want to bring back the thrill of when you were single and dating. The thrill of the Moon. You want to discover a new person which will bring in a new lifestyle. A new perspective on life. A new experience.

Dating allows for illusions, because you dress up better to impress someone. You eat at restaurants you normally don't eat at unless you are trying to make an effort to impress someone. You try to put your best food forward and don't show your flaws. And the person you are dating is doing the same thing too. You are giving each other "the moons". But once married, it is hard to be something you are not. Your flaws began to show. The flaws of your spouse begins to show and you have to deal with the reality to whom you are married to, not the illusion of who you thought they were, because you we were so high on love and romance before you got married, which makes people fantasize a lot of what their lover could be, but is not.

So people who may love the stability of their married life for emotional security, they may loathe how that security also brings boredom in their romantic life. Therefore, they seek an extra-marital affair in order to get high off of the Moon again.

Fostha

SirRushing said:
This Moon in relation to romance got me thinking of something deeper. I don't know about non-American countries, but there was a statistic that 60% of married men and 40% of married women will cheat on their spouse by having an extra-marital affair.

Now I know when people get married, they don't plan of cheating on their spouse in the future. To a certain point and I don't care how many years you have been dating, it is basically fun since you two are still living separate lives. Then you get engaged, then things get further exciting. After that you get married and become newlyweds. Again, you are living high on enjoying the novelty of thinking it is cute to now call your boyfriend your husband. And your girlfriend, your wife.

All of it is FUN FUN FUN. EXCITING EXCITING EXCITING. An ADVENTURE ADVENTURE ADVENTURE.

You are living of a romantic high of it all. The Moon phase. Until...

You have been married for 5 to 10 years where you see each other all the time. You might still love your spouse, but boy are you kind of sick and tired of seeing their face everyday. It doesn't help when you are now arguing about the bills due to one of the spouse spending more money than they should. Or you get tired of the house not being quite due to the kids being loud. And you just wish you can walk around naked in the house with your spouse like you did before you had the kids. Marriage is no longer FUN, EXCITING and an ADVENTURE. It is just a mundane, typical and maybe boring routine. The Moon is gone.

You miss the days where you didn't see your significant other for a few days, so when you plan to get together on a date, you dress up for each other. Because you miss seeing each other, they look so damn sexy and "new". Maybe they changed their hair, clothing, perfume, or cologne a little bit the last time you saw them.

Now that you married you see them all the time so there will never be anything new about your spouse. That is where the cheating comes in. You want to bring back the thrill of when you were single and dating. The thrill of the Moon. You want to discover a new person which will bring in a new lifestyle. A new perspective on life. A new experience.

Dating allows for illusions, because you dress up better to impress someone. You eat at restaurants you normally don't eat at unless you are trying to make an effort to impress someone. You try to put your best food forward and don't show your flaws. And the person you are dating is doing the same thing too. You are giving each other "the moons". But once married, it is hard to be something you are not. Your flaws began to show. The flaws of your spouse begins to show and you have to deal with the reality to whom you are married to, not the illusion of who you thought they were, because you we were so high on love and romance before you got married, which makes people fantasize a lot of what their lover could be, but is not.

So people who may love the stability of their married life for emotional security, they may loathe how that security also brings boredom in their romantic life. Therefore, they seek an extra-marital affair in order to get high off of the Moon again.

If you need to look at a 3rd person in a marriage,then you aint happy inside out,putting it bluntly,and THATS nothing to do with the moon IMHO.
When you're with someone,you can love your partner 100%,even when there aint no passion/fun/excitement,but then thats real life,it aint always gonna be exciting anyway,but thats what real love,and a real partnership is all about.If a r/ship is all give,(and actions speak louder than words),on one side,it becomes extremely hard work,and then it will not last,as you say its when someone loses their spouse,and realise that now they're really free to live life,thats just 2 people thats been existing together,big difference between that and living and loving.Its when you're doing the simplest little thing,and you cant help but think to yourself, oh i'd love to have shared that with him/her,or just sitting and laughing together,even when times are hard,and there aint no money,its simply about working together,in an adult way,and when you're really in love with someone,you only have to look at them to feel that moon moment all over again that you're talking about,theres nothing more time wasting than being with someone who only wants to be with you for your good points,but then gets rather unpleasant with you about your bad points,you eventually lose your trust in and respect for them.Its simply better to be on your own,as no-one loves you better than yourself. Minute you start thinking about a 3rd person means the marriage is over and finished for good,even if it is disrupting,and unsettling,adult thing to do is walk away,cheats never prosper,and it solves nothing.

The Fish

Well said Fostha, my sentiments (and more). xx

DrDave

For sure well put Fostha
Me I am married for 20 yrs with 2 brilliant grown up kids
Never ever had an affair and did not even think about it

Still love my wife with every breath, who is several yrs older like all of us
I would still give my life to save her

This is not delusional Moon
It is very real

Like Fostha says once someone else is around better move on

Good luck with your future partners
Oneday you too will be boring and your SO will too look for some excitement
Shame

Just one last passing shot
Whatever happened to the oath you said in front of the priest and G-d?

Herzog

It's funny, I just did a relationship spread for a good friend of mine. He just met this girl and already he's in love. He wanted clarification of her feelings and where he stood with her. The reading itself was highly accurate, and the Moon turned out to be the shadow card. Not surprising. He has a long history of not seeing things clearly when it comes to women. Relationships are a scary, mysterious thing for him.

The Fish

Where do I get one of you from then DrDave, I always end up the the ones who get bored once the 'dramatic' sparkle has ended, lol. (actually, something has just occured to me, I always thought I was romantic (triple pisces), but may be I am more passionate (aries venus), that's why I appear as the QoW, I thought it was 'cause my companion in life is a black cat (RW), hahaha - yes, that makes much more sense -how wierd is this website, it seems to bring out all this stuff in people within themselves).
Merry Christmas!!
xx

Fostha

DrDave said:
For sure well put Fostha
Me I am married for 20 yrs with 2 brilliant grown up kids
Never ever had an affair and did not even think about it

Still love my wife with every breath, who is several yrs older like all of us
I would still give my life to save her

This is not delusional Moon
It is very real

Like Fostha says once someone else is around better move on

Good luck with your future partners
Oneday you too will be boring and your SO will too look for some excitement
Shame

Just one last passing shot
Whatever happened to the oath you said in front of the priest and G-d?
Lucky you DD,its lovely that you're happily married with ?2? Children,i do believe it's something to be treasured 'if' you find that 'special one' who loves you back wholeheartedly,as it sounds you have,but unfortunately not everyone adheres to their marriage vowels,the words 'love honour and obey' sometimes encourages one of the partners to get more happiness and fulfilment from raising their hand as opposed to raising their kids,BUT simply believe that the vowels they took make this acceptable behaviour,vowels or any help from 'god' DONT make it alright.When you're really in love with someone wholeheartedly,there is no room for boredom,just look at all the couples (like yourself),who've been together years.
Merry christmas DD.x