Does inducing labor affect astrology charts?

Kyrielle

I just started to wonder about this...

I was supposed to have been born in mid-October. The due date came and went, and almost two weeks later, the doctor told my mom to go in on a certain day and have labor induced. So my birthdate and time were not chosen by natural forces.

How does this affect my natal chart? Or does it? Or is all that counts the fact that I was born at the moment I was born, whether by a doctor's choice or by nature's choice?

-- Kyrielle

Minderwiz

If I'd been born six hours later I would have been a Sun Scorpio instead of a Sun Libra, so the question has some personal relevance for me.

My understanding is that what matters for a natal chart is the moment of first independen breath. Whether the birth has been induced, whether it is naturally premature, whether it is Caeserian Section, whether it is a day late or a day early does not matter.

It is the Astrological position at the moment of first breath that counts.

LaLaBella

This is a very interesting question. I was due on 16 Jan '63 but was born on 05 Dec '62 (yep, 6 wks early). My mother insists that when I follow horoscopes that I need to take my original due date into consideration, but I know that it's not right. Don't know why. Anyway, we have arguements about this.

Minderwiz

As I said above, the natal chart is really just that - a chart relating to your birth and the first moment you became independent of your mother and breathed for yourself - even if you needed an incubator or mechanical respiratory support.

I think I am right in saying that 'due' dates are approximations anyway (though they can be quite accurate under most circumstances) because it is sometimes quite difficult to identify the exact moment of conception.

However, your mother may be 'right' but for the wrong reasons. You are Sagittarius but if you have a Capricorn Ascendant, then it is worth following Capricorn as well as Sagittarius in horoscope columns - it depends on the time and place of your birth.

HOLMES

i know nothing about astrology

i feel that even in the womb the soul is still working out the exact date, and time he will come out,, and what it means for him.

in the womb he is like phoning up friends hey there is a party want to be involved in my life somehow,
or souls hey,, we havne't met yet but how would you like..
and other souls,, hey my former enemy in the past life how would you like to come down and we can work out some karma.

some souls change their minds, and thus miscarriages happen.
and some souls say ,, if i don't get born now it will change the energy of my direciton *hey give me a c section.
and such.

it all works out accordingly

Minderwiz

Holmes,

I think I would agree with what you are saying - I know there are Astrologers who take a soul centred approach to Astrology but my understanding is that the point of first breath is still the overriding consideration. The only other time I have seen discussed is the point of conception.

Has anyone seen any other point of view expressed by an Astrologer?