Chinese Astrological Sign?

JC

September 19, 1978, 3:54 AM.

I think this makes me a Wood Horse, monthly Rooster, and hourly Tiger. Does anybody know the animal a paticular day of the month would correspond to?

Demonesse

There is no "monthly" sign - the Western zodiac corresponds to a montly period whereas the Chinese corresponds to a yearly one. You are an Earth Horse, positive element, born in the Tiger hour.

JC

Thank you. I'll have to pull out my I-ching pack and see how I feel with this.

Meow

Demonesse said:
The Chinese time/year system is different - for example, the time you're in the womb actually counts towards your age, so for the Chinese age system you usually + a year to your age :)

Not necessarily though. Not many people do that nowadays, maybe just some old people, I'd say.

Demonesse

Yes, we follow the Western system nowadays, so I would agree with you that TRADITIONALLY it is done.

Sea Sprite

Hi Demonesse,

What's your zodiac sign?

Demonesse

*grin*

Wouldn't you like to know. Mine is actually a rather odd combination...

anjocoxo

chinese signs

I have to say I simply love the chinese signs, and I have several books about it. I'm a wood horse, monthly sheep, hourly horse. I'm very,very impulsive and I always run forward not even thinking twice about something. I relate myself completely with horses, but I also relate myself with my other sign (leo, libra rising).

Anjo

come on demonesse, spit it out ;)

Demonesse

Err...'monthly' sheep? I really do not think there is such a thing. The sheep is also referred to as the Goat, btw. The Horse needs to be free, and generally dislikes responsibility and being tied down to a 9-5 job.

spit it out eh...

Magic Bean

Hello Demonesse,

Dragon/Scorpio here! What's yours?