The Pamela Colman Smith Centennial Deck review thread

Quester

I applaud you Greatdane!! It is a lovely deck and deserves a perfect box!!!

greatdane

Thank you, Quester!

As it was for a bd prez, I thought NO WAY will I have the box be in less than great shape! What a grand deal this set is! SO MUCH FOR SO LITTLE! And Stuart Kaplan, YOU ROCK for doing the great Pixie book and for getting so hands on in customer service! Amazon could take some notes from you and your company....

MoonGypsy

greatdane said:
As it was for a bd prez, I thought NO WAY will I have the box be in less than great shape! What a grand deal this set is! SO MUCH FOR SO LITTLE! And Stuart Kaplan, YOU ROCK for doing the great Pixie book and for getting so hands on in customer service! Amazon could take some notes from you and your company....

You go girl!!!! :D You rock yourself, GD!!! :*

Hugs and Crones Rule!

MGxxxxxxxxxx

Le Fanu

Carla said:
GD, you are SO assertive! Well done, I would never have thought to email the man himself.
If you write to U.S Games customer service, it is often direct to Stuart Kaplan anyway. I wrote to them regarding a damaged card and was amazed to get a reply from Mr kaplan himself. He follows these things closely.

greatdane

So true, Le Fanu!

It was within about 12 hours I got a reply from him. As Amazon is usually quite a bit cheaper for decks, which is why I used them for the Pamela set, I know many of us order from them. But I DID NOT know their policy re "packaging". Now that I do, I would never order another deck from them. I will still use private vendors if I find a used deck I want cheaply, but I wouldn't buy a new deck from Amazon. Packaging is important for any collectible deck and it is a concern to me they don't get that.

I can't believe the plethora of goodies included in this set! I also had no idea so many illustrations would be included in the Pamela book. Stuart Kaplan did a great job of coming up with so much on the woman who has had such an influence on the tarot world.

Aure

Has anyone asked U.S. Games/Mr. Kaplan if they are planning on making the Smith-Waite Centennial available as a deck only without the books etc.? I am so loving the deck that I'd love to have backups but not really interested in getting the whole set again. Or maybe I should get one and preserve it in pristine condition... That would mean I couldn't use the deck though. I'm thinking of emailing U.S. Games but if someone else has already asked (okay yeah, I'm a bit shy)...

Le Fanu

Aure said:
Has anyone asked U.S. Games/Mr. Kaplan if they are planning on making the Smith-Waite Centennial available as a deck only without the books etc.? I am so loving the deck that I'd love to have backups but not really interested in getting the whole set again. Or maybe I should get one and preserve it in pristine condition... That would mean I couldn't use the deck though. I'm thinking of emailing U.S. Games but if someone else has already asked (okay yeah, I'm a bit shy)...
I don't know the answer to that, but you could get another one and put the extras in Trading. Someone would want them. I gave my extras from the back up to a dear AT friend. I still have the 2nd deck shrinkwrapped.

greatdane

I would be surprised if they did just the Pamela deck as there is already the original RWS, just without the slightly aged look and the original backs, and usually a deck that's part of a set like this I would think would remain as part of the set. But one never knows in the tarot world, if they get enough requests for the deck.....

greatdane

Just an fyi, ATers

I emailed US Games and just asked if they planned to release just the deck at some point for those of us who wish back ups. I didn't think they would as the deck IS part of this special set. This is the email I received back from Bobbie Bensaid VP of Ops at US GAMES:

Thanks for your email but we have no plans to print the deck on its own.

Don't know about anyone else, but I'm getting another set. So I'll have an extra box and books, but there are so many great pix in the Pamela book, I figure I will keep one pristine and the other I will perhaps cut some pix out of the book and make a collage :).

Anyway, just wanted to share what I found out in case any others wanted another Pamela deck. Seemed fitting to post this on her bd.

Blessings,
GD

Queen of Pentacle

thank you

Thank you for the info
I was waiting...
But now, I will probably buy the set trough amazon, not more expensive than a single deck.