LS Work in Progress

RiccardoLS

rwcarter said:
Make it and I pretty much will buy it. I'd buy a heart-shaped deck just for the novelty factor regardless of the artwork on it.

Is this good or is this bad?

Fairy light is for 2010. But everything is still uncertain, until we print the coming catalogue, anyway.

ric

rwcarter

RiccardoLS said:
rwcarter said:
Make it and I pretty much will buy it. I'd buy a heart-shaped deck just for the novelty factor regardless of the artwork on it.
Is this good or is this bad?
Ric,

It's a good thing. I love LoS decks, or else they wouldn't be the largest part of my collection! I love the idea of a heart-shaped deck, so will buy it for that reason alone. If I love the artwork and actually use the deck, that much the better.

I don't buy every LoS deck that comes out, cause not all of them appeal to me. But I do buy a large majority of them and with very few exceptions, I keep them.

And before this turns into a lovefest, here's a question for you that's somewhat on topic: Was a decision ever made on whether or not to move forward on a Serio Marseilles-style deck? And by move forward I mean something even so simple as having Serio create some more sketches to get a feel of what the Minors and/or Courts might look like?

Rodney

RiccardoLS

I just wanted to be provocative (in a very friendly way). I was flattered that you would have bougth a deck, almost independently from its contents.
And yet it felt like we have not to strive and scream to reach you.

Mine was really just a general consideration, not on you, not totally on LS, and not even on Tarot world. This kind of *trust* (not necessarely blind trust) is something special, and even rewarding, but it is also a double edged sword.

Lol. Sometimes I feel complicated even to myself :)

ric

Edit: I almost forgot the part about Serio Marseille. I will give you a more detailed answer soon.

thorhammer

RiccardoLS said:
Edit: I almost forgot the part about Serio Marseille. I will give you a more detailed answer soon.
EEEEeeeep!!! A detailed answer?? That suggests more than a straight "NO", doesn't it? Squee!!!

\m/ Kat

RiccardoLS

Hesagon is definitely on the list (and the list has 3 other shapes on it... so I don't know when we will ever develop them).
But tesselation... tru to think 78 tesellation images. Either you have a GREAT (and I mean really) artist, or you are gonna face a very ripetitive deck. It will soon turn from clever to flat.

Anyway, we have a few decks starting that I feel on the "boh" category (but I never said that). I don't know. :( Well, I'll try to keep focus on the others, at least when I finish up my encyclopedia ^_^

ric

RiccardoLS

One good news for me, anyway.
I will be authoring a deck for 2010, working with artist Paolo Martinello.

ric

firemaiden

Wow! That's wonderful news, Riccardo! I can't wait to hear more about this one. :)

thorhammer

RiccardoLS said:
One good news for me, anyway.
I will be authoring a deck for 2010, working with artist Paolo Martinello.

ric
Yay!!!! Brilliant artist - now I'm all excited! I'm glad, too, that you've got something on the horizon to enjoy and get your teeth into!

\m/ Kat

Mimers

firemaiden said:
Wow! That's wonderful news, Riccardo! I can't wait to hear more about this one. :)

Any deck with your hand in it is a must have for me. I really appreciate your work and I believe you bring out the best the artist can give.

Looking forward to this one!