Yes or no with wheel of fortune

Pao

so lost

I AM SERIOUSLY CONFUSED!!! can someone tell me how to put the cards please. i did it like this:

1-2-3-4
5-6-7-8

i got the wheel in card 3, i thought it meant delay but Mary says top right is soon?

whats top right then? 3 and 4?

i am beyond confused here.... :confused:

thespazzinator

From what I understand, there are 4 positions and you should have 2 cards in each position.

Top left: Card 1 and 5
Top Right: Card 2 and 6
Bottom Left: Card 3 and 7
Bottom Right: Card 4 and 8

I think you're supposed to lay out the first four cards

1 2
3 4

and lay cards 5 to 8 on top of (or by) those

1,5-----2,6
3,7-----4,8

The 3rd card is in the delay position (bottom left) according to Mary's description. Hope that helps!

tarotlyn

hmmmm...I think it goes like this:

Deal the eight cards in a square consisting of four positions (see next), so that there are two cards in each position:
• Top Left: The 1st position (cards 1 & 5) signifies - YES.
• Top Right: The 2nd position (cards 2 & 6) signifies - SOON.
• Bottom Left: The 3rd position (cards 3 & 7) signifies - DELAY.
• Bottom Right: The 4th position (cards 4 & 8 ) signifies - NO.

WOF = Wheel of Fortune

.......FIRST POSITION:...................SECOND POSITION:
Top Left:.........Top Left:..........Top Right:........Top Right:
(card 1)...........(card 5)............(card 2)..........(card 6)
WOF=YES.........WOF=YES.........WOF=SOON......WOF=SOON

.......THIRD POSITION:...................FOURTH POSITION:
Bottom Left:.....Bottom Left:.....Bottom Right:.....Bottom Right:
(card 3)...........(card 7)...........(card 4)............(card 8)
WOF=DELAY......WOF=DELAY.....WOF=NO...........WOF=NO

...just another way to look at it!:D
:):heart:tarotlyn

thespazzinator

I just asked if I'd win a million dollars, and the answer was no. There is clearly something wrong with this system! :)

Wood33

Like this spread

I really like this spread SB. Since my career is going fairly smoothly, I now asked if I was going to meet a girl soon. Here are the results:

1-WHEEL, 5-Judgement 2-Hierophant, 6- Hermit
3-Page of cups,7-9 of pentacles 4-7 of swords, 8- 6 of swords

First, I am guessing the answer is a yes. Second, are the remaining cards indicators that explain something. Are the only cards that matter the one card that surrounds the Wheel? If anyone can clarify, I would like some more information on this spread. I really enjoy using it!

Wood

Teheuti

Wood33 said:
Are the only cards that matter the one card that surrounds the Wheel?
There's a link in Post #2 that gives the only known "rules" for interpreting this spread.

In the original the cards are actually placed at 45° angles like an X — with the paired cards forming each "leg" — top left, top right, bottom left, bottom right are as indicated in the square version.

Pao

oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! no wonder!!! Im so slow lol ok now it makes perfect sense! i re-did it and it made more sense, but funnily enough I got the same cards! :D great spread! lets hope its accurate since yes or no spreads usually dont work well for me. I should ask if i am going to win the lotto then :D

tarotlyn

Well...I just did a "Wheel of Fortune YES OR NO?" reading for my husband:

I have been VERY concerned for the last 5 days that my husband is quickly
loosing the ability to get out of his living room recliner chair and into his
power wheel chair. He can't stand up at all now and I am having to help lift
him from his wheel chair into his bed, onto the toilet, back to his wheel chair
...etc. and etc.

It has got me very upset...not because it is very hard for me to lift him
(I am only 5' 2" tall and also he is very heavy for me)...but I have been
upset because I don't want to see him loose all of his remaining strength
and thus his remaining freedom to help himself and loose all of his mobility.:(
I think he must have had another small stroke in the night probably about
5 or 6 days ago...and is trying to keep me from finding out he is weaker...
and he gets angry when I try to help him.

He wants to wait until I leave the room before he attempts to get out of his
chair, etc. I have been watching him more closely now and not letting him fall
as he has a hip replacement that would be threatened for sure!

So I decided to ask the following question:

Is Michael ever going to get better?

(Better Yes ? ~ means it is only a temporary set back)
or
(Better No ? ~ means it IS a permanent set back)

Here are my cards I drew, using my DruidCraft "trimmed" deck:

:arrow: Position 1: (top left cards)
:)card 1: Wheel of Fortune (YES it is temporary!) YAY!!!
:)card 5: The Star (YES there is hope) YAY!!!

:arrow: Position 2: (Top right cards)
:)card 2: Ace of Swords Reversed (SOON no new problems!) YAY!!!
:)card 6: 5 of Wands (SOON there will be fighting with him)...because he hates me to help him! This is always a good sign he is getting stronger!:bugeyed:YAY!!!

:arrow: Position 3: (Bottom left cards)
:)card 3: Strength Card Reveresed (DELAY of complete loss of strength) that is great to know this is not a complete loss of his mobility strength and that he can imporove and get better for now!!!YAY!!!
:)card 7: 5 of cups (DELAY in releasing his emotional regrets and bitterness over his terrible disease of Diabetes type 1)... (from 3 years old...is 59 now)
He is bitter over the many days and years of 4 to 5 insulin shots a day and the same number of poking needles a day for glucose testing...YIKES!!! We ARE working on his very emotional "bitterness release."

:arrow: Position 4: (Bottom right cards)
:)card 4: The Empress Reversed (NO more blockages or surpressing his feelings)YAY!!! (but could also mean -in his case- no more creativity, or productiveness...we already know that!)
:)card 8: 4 wands: (NO more forgetting how truly blessed he is...to have me!:D)...not kidding:D... but also NO more forgetting how blessed he is to even still be alive and have the chance to grow his Spirit in a more positive direction.:)

Goodness...this is an excellent reading, I feel it is correct.

I will come back to this thread and let everyone know just how accurate
this reading turns out to be. I am praying it is right...I know it is right...
I will post the results as they happen...

Thanks for listening...
:):heart:tarotlyn
Note: I am so glad that I DIDN'T get the Hanged Man card in this reading!!!
I ususally get it...so it must be a good sign!!!:thumbsup:

Teheuti

Everyone can certainly adopt this basic framework to create their own spread with their own rules. However, I'd like to point out that -

1) The original spread, as described in the article, is an Advice spread - not a Prediction spread. The recommended format, given in the example is that of "Should I . . ." not "Will he/she/it . . ." For instance, "Should I take my umbrella?" rather than "Will it rain?"

2) The rules for interpretation are minimalistic. The only individual cards that have purpose are the Wheel of Fortune as indicator of one of four options and the Ace of Cups, which indicates a "happy ending." Otherwise, mitigating tendencies are indicated only by there being "many" cards in sets of categories.

I suggest that if you are going to use the spread you decide beforehand if you are going to follow the rules as given or create your own. If the latter, let us know what your own rules are. For instance, are all cards read as if in the "position" indicated by the Wheel of Fortune, or do you modify card meanings according to the meaning of the place where the card lands (all cards in the "No" position are what won't happen, while all cards in the "Yes" position will happen).

Tarotlyn - I'm sorry to hear about all the difficulties you are going through. I'd love to hear if this spread—as you've used it—has been helpful and accurate.

Mary

tarotlyn

Well...looks like I have made up my own rules for this spread!!!
...just like me to do something like that!:D

So here is what I do:

"Wheel of Fortune ~ YES OR NO Layout ~ Then Reading ALL cards"

1. I Use 78 cards of a Tarot deck.
2. I take out the "Wheel of Fortune" card (turn it face down and put it off to the side)
3. Shuffle the remaining cards and then fan them out on the table in a reversed horseshoe shape ~ with the images facing down.
4. Pick out 7 cards ~ one at a time, randomly...and place each one on top of the "Wheel of Fortune" card ~ face down.
5. Put the fanned cards aside.
6. Mix up the "Wheel of Fortune" card with the other randomly drawn 7 cards ~ face down of course.
7. I deal out the 8 cards in the pattern using the following layout:

.......FIRST POSITION:...................SECOND POSITION:
Top Left:.........Top Left:..........Top Right:........Top Right:
(card 1)...........(card 5)............(card 2)..........(card 6)
(YES)...............(YES)...............(SOON)..........(SOON )

.......THIRD POSITION:...................FOURTH POSITION:
Bottom Left:.....Bottom Left:.....Bottom Right:.....Bottom Right:
(card 3)...........(card 7)...........(card 4)............(card 8)
(DELAY)...........(DELAY)...........(NO).................(NO)

(FIRST look for the "Wheel of Fortune" card for the ANSWER)
8. I turn all eight cards "face up" and look for the "Wheel of Fortune" card, which WILL GIVE ME MY ANSWER, according to the chart above.
9. Then I proceed to "read" ALL of the cards in a reading...each according to the chart above.
Meaning: If the position and card say: "DELAY"... then I read the card with a "delayed" meaning...and so forth with the other cards.

Hope that solves the problem.
:):heart: