Decks You Wish You Hadn't Bought?

Emily

It just goes to show that you should be very very careful not to be too swayed by other people's opinions of a deck, you need to make your own mind up for yourself. Of course that often only comes when you have it

I have to agree with this too - some of the decks in my collection have been bought because so many people seem to love them. I wasn't so careful when I first started collecting and would buy decks just after seeing a few cards or read what people were writing about them. Then to find that once I have them in my hand, they aren't really my cup of tea. I'm a lot more picky now. :)

Marieve

Yep it still happens to me from time to time. Recently I bought Vision Quest because I wanted more nature oriented, softer deck and it had such a good opinions. As soon as I looked at it I realized but that's just ugly to me, no way I'm going to spend any time with it. So idealistic people are not even old yuk. What to do - bad decision.

Richard

I was a sucker for the Legacy of the Divine. After I got it....YUCK! It may be someone's cup of tea, but it sure ain't mine!

The crowned one

Based on my colection about 95 %. Based on my experiences with those long gone decks about 10% They had their time and it passed. Very few let me down 100% off the mark. Dragon tarot comes to mind..90% fail, as does the Guiled, some cards rocked but most did not 65% fail and lastly The Hanson Roberts: Too sweet, and the size was the final nail in the coffin for me, 51% fail.

Marieve

Yep, Legacy can't grumble enough about it. What a let down, over advertised pop plastic, with no sense of humour ;-)

desertrat

See I find it gentle and uplifting.

It just goes to show that you should be very very careful not to be too swayed by other people's opinions of a deck, you need to make your own mind up for yourself. Of course that often only comes when you have it!

Gaian. All those extravert people being extravert, and the geese migrating for the ten of Swords... doesn't work at all for me.

I keep going back and forth on the Gaian...I'll probably buy it, and I'll probably hate it. :rolleyes:

Miss Divine

I kinda regret buying the Kingdom Within. First of all, the cards are huge, and therefore hard for me to shuffle. Second of all, this deck is so different from what I've learned and some cards just don't make sense to me. It's like learning a new system and to be honest, I'm not up to that.

Miss Divine

There are more decks I regret, but I've gotten rid of most of them already. But another one I do still have is the Heart tarot. Those cards are such a pain in the a$$ to shuffle, I never use them because of it. I'm one who likes to shuffle, not swish them around on the table.

ghost271

Tarot of the Elves. Looked at it twice and cant stand it. The faces are so poorly done, it looks like a CGI student did it on a whim.