Marcus Katz and Tali Goodwin books - reviews? recommendations?

Nemia

Marcus Katz and Tali Goodwin have published quite a lot of books and series over the last years. I find it difficult to know where to start and to continue but I'm very curious and liked what I read until now.

I made a list of their books for myself because I found that I couldn't keep their series in my head. And then I thought maybe others can add, review and recommend.

I found no other Katz/Goodwin specific discussion - if there is one, sorry Mods, I really tried to find it.

So here are the books as I found them listed on Amazon. For some of the shorter books, I added the estimated page number - for Kindle editions, it's impossible to give a precise number. I'm not sure the list is complete.

Tarot:
Tarot Face to Face: Using the Cards in Your Everyday Life
Around the Tarot in 78 Days: A Personal Journey Through the Cards

series:
Tarot Life
Tarot Life Book 1: Discover Your Destiny,
Tarot Life Book 2: Remove the Blocks, 46 pages
Tarot Life Book 3: Make Decisions Better, 42 pages
Tarot Life Book 4: Go With The Flow
Tarot Life Book 5: Ride the Lion, 40 pages
Tarot Life Book 6: Connect to Service, 52 pages
Tarot Life Book 7: Find Equality, 50 pages
Tarot Life Book 8: Die To Your Self, 37 pages
Tarot Life Book 9: Enter Into Unity, 40 pages

Gated Spreads of Tarot:
The Gates of Valentine: Understand Your Relationships with Tarot(Gated Spreads of Tarot)
The Tarot Shaman: Connect to Your Animal Spirit with Tarot(Gated Spreads of Tarot)
The Ghost Train: Use Your Tarot to Explore Your Past(Gated Spreads of Tarot), 34 pages

Tarosophy:
Tarosophy (Tarosophy - Tarot to Engage Life, Not Escape It - Section 1)

Tarosophy Tarot Kickstart Books:
Tarot Inspire (Tarosophy Tarot Kickstart Books), 136 pages
Tarot Flip (Tarosophy Tarot Kickstart Books), 62 pages

Is it important to read the series in sequence? Are there redundancies or developments, i.e., does a later book improve on the ideas presented in an earlier one? Which did you like best? What made an impact on you? Were there things you didn't like? Are there other authors who have a similar approach?

I want to build up my tarot library and from what I read until now (Tarot Inspire and Tarot Flip), I understand that Katz/Goodwin have a unique point of view. I also like the many book recommendations and the clean quotation style. There are so many ideas and so many paths to follow from their books.

Oh, and what are your thoughts - is it better to have hard copies of their books for their illustrations and graphs and ease of use with cards on a table - or do you prefer e-books that you can carry around everywhere? I read Tarot Inspire and Tarot flip on my Kindle and got along fine, but do you think I'd get more out of them if I had them in paper and print in my hands?

What about the Lenormand books?

Lenormand:
Learning Lenormand: Traditional Fortune Telling for Modern Life
The English Lenormand, 38 pages

ETA: Of course, now I found the older thread about their Lenormand book. So forget this question please. Pardon.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=185837&highlight=marcus+katz

Ace of Stars

series:
Tarot Life - this program requires a serious commitment. As far as I've seen you need to make time to do the practices in these books everyday for 9 months. I'm sure the experience is very enriching.

The Tarot Shaman -- I haven't completed this book, but enjoyed the exercises I did so far. It's very inexpensive (for Kindle anyway).

Tarot Inspire -- this one is a bit dry, but was stuff I'd never read before about the spirituality of Tarot, so that's good.

Tarot Flip -- this is kind of cool -- it's a book of card meanings that were derived from a meta-analysis of hundreds(?) of Tarot readers' meanings. Also, very inexpensive.

Basically, from what I can tell, Marcus and Tali are huge Tarot nerds who tend to doinnovative and interesting things with the cards. I don't think there are authors quite like them.

I haven't got Tarosophy, Tarot Face to Face, or Around the World..., but they've all been on my wish list for a while.

Tarot Shaman is a good, inexpensive intro to the sort of exercises you can expect from them.

foolMoon

I have a copy of Tarot Face to Face: Using the Cards in Your Everyday Life.

If I could point out some negative points.

1. Photos of cards in the book they talk about are small and in poor black & white images. It is hard to see what the cards are.

2. Sentences in the book does not read like a text book, but informal conversation - which is ok, but may lose track of points at times.

Having said that, I felt there are some good stuff in it.

I prefer paper books to ebook.

Nemia

That's really helpful. Thank you for your answers.

I'm actually fine with informal writing style - I like a competent writer who has no need to impress the reader. And as long as the formalities of proper quotation are observed, which they are in Katz/Goodwin's works so far, I'm satisfied.

It also doesn't disturb me that the pictures are small and b/w. I read tarot books with deck in hand.

I'm not as well-read and well-versed as others around here so I wasn't sure whether my impression is correct - that these writers have a unique point of view.

I don't need another beginner's book, I want to dive in more deeply. It seems to me that for my stage, not totally green but also not too advanced, and with a strong interest in spiritual matters, they are just the right nourishment.

I'm off to the shopping basket :)