Time questions

Lenormanda

Hello everybody!

I'm trying to figure out the time of an issue to take place.
I draw 5 cards and the result od the addition gives me the number of months or weeks that it will take to happen. In this case, the result was 16 and then i decide to add up 1+6-7 (snake).
So the issue would take place in seven weeks or seven months. Should i follow my intuition and say 7 weeks?
Caitlin Mathews uses another method, but it has to do with the houses in the GT.

Anyway, are there any methods to find out the time for something to happen?

1Eleven

Hi Lenormanda (great name),
I use a variety of techniques for this - one you could see here: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=237467

My latest experiments have been with a process Andy shares in his book. This uses the sig, usually Man or Lady if they do not appear in the spread. Without shuffling, you look through the remaining deck and see what card the Man or Lady face. From there, you determine the suit for the seasons and value for the date. I did one of these recently and based on my reading, I then looked for the Man - he was facing the Anchor which told me 'this' would occur by the 44th day of autumn - November 6th. Have fun

Lenormanda

That' s very interesting, thank you. How did you get to nr 44? And the suit of spades is for autumn, I suppose.

What do you think of Andy'S book? I ordered Rana's, I have the small book from Caitlin, that comes with the deck, but i haven' t heard of Andy's yet...

1Eleven

That' s very interesting, thank you. How did you get to nr 44? And the suit of spades is for autumn, I suppose.

What do you think of Andy'S book? I ordered Rana's, I have the small book from Caitlin, that comes with the deck, but i haven' t heard of Andy's yet...

The entire process is outlined in the book. I recommend it highly - the Kindle version is $4... an incredible value. I also bought the paperback version to give to my Mom.

Sharla

I think ive tried every single timing technique i can find with Lenormand and have tested them out and not one of them has worked.

So now i just go by what cards i get in the reading and more use my intuition...

For example someone asks, when will i get a new job ? And i get..

Mountain + book + lilies then i would say its gonna take some time, also as lilies is associated with winter i may say more towards winter months.

Same question, different cards..

clover + scythe + child - id say quite unexpectedly and very soon so take the chance whilst they can.

Or you could get certain cards for a timing question and it could be a straight up no.

Same question...

Mountain + cross + coffin - i would say an outright no, of any progression whatsoever in getting a job.

Infact i read somewhere one time but dont know the source, about the energy around us (or whatever you believe helps us pick certain cards) doesn't recognize numbers as such, or even seasons i think i read, infact time doesn't really exist at all in the spiritual realm. Maybe thats why its so hard to get a timing technique that works using numbers etc, which is why i now do what i do.

1Eleven

Interesting, Sharla - I wonder why you haven't had consistent results? The GT Timing Board involving my parents in the link above worked, too.

I understand the thought about numbers. Numbers are difficult with things like remote viewing because they are conceptual vs tangible. That doesn't mean they don't work, it just means there are other ways they need to be explored with a pragmatic approach.

Lenormanda

I agree with you, Sharla, when you say intuition is very important.
And it makes sense that in the spiritual world there are no time limits.

In Tarot, I' m pulled to a card that can give me some information about time.
But I'm new to Lenormand and so I think I need to know as many techniques, methods as possible so I can use those tools to understand the message in the cards. So I apreciated 1Eleven method. And yours.

Sharla

Interesting, Sharla - I wonder why you haven't had consistent results? The GT Timing Board involving my parents in the link above worked, too.

I understand the thought about numbers. Numbers are difficult with things like remote viewing because they are conceptual vs tangible. That doesn't mean they don't work, it just means there are other ways they need to be explored with a pragmatic approach.

I dont know, maybe i can keep trying but yes i have tried the GT timing board too, and the timing i was getting was just stupid answers.

I suppose i could keep trying with it, but i got a little disheartened so started using the method i use now.

1Eleven

I dont know, maybe i can keep trying but yes i have tried the GT timing board too, and the timing i was getting was just stupid answers.

I suppose i could keep trying with it, but i got a little disheartened so started using the method i use now.

I'd be disheartened with stupid answers, too!

greatdane

I do short term or longer term path

I focus on time when I am asking the question.

As one's Path can allows change, I focus on shorter term, what may be coming up on one's Path very soon or within a few months and what may be out a bit farther, maybe six months. As life changes, as we or others make choices, as circumstances change, I believe our Path fluctuates.

Just may thoughts and how I read. I know everyone has their own way of looking at time and all are just as legitimate. It's WHAT and HOW we ask the cards that matters. I believe the cards respond to the reader.