Hanson Roberts - 6 of Cups

Flavio

From Nov. 1st I've started my own version of the One Deck Wonder with the Hanson Roberts I thought it would be nice to start working on this card which is one of the most hated among those who dislike this deck because of the “gnome” look of the children :D I like them, here are my thoughts about this card:

The shirts of the kids are white it talks to me about their innocence, the girl has a blue dress and the boy a brown vest I see this as a symbol of the spiritual and material in harmony once we put ourselves together after 5 of Cups lesson.

The children are in a safe place, there is a brick wall but is not as high as in a fortress, I see this wall as a symbol of stability and structure that support the 3 cups on top of it, this is definitely a happy place and probably a healing one too. Most of the flowers colors range from red and orange but mostly they are yellow with lush green leaves I see it as body and mind in balance.

The sky doesn’t look sunny a little bit dark and cold actually but the kids don’t care about it, should the rain start they’ll go inside their house, I assume they have a house because we can see one on the other side of the brick wall so I think they are in the garden of their very own house.

Now an interesting fact, the boy seems to be the same in The Sun card, please take a look to see his flag is blue, just like the color of the girl’s dress, I always wondered why the RWS red flag was changed to a blue one, this seems like a possible answer, our inner child got healed through the spirituality gift of the girl which might represent someone we can always trust, our family a good friends or even ourselves.

Number 6 is for harmony and balance recovery and solutions, the doors open after the crisis in number 5, in this card we recover the emotional balance, as the flowers we're ready to bloom and continue our path.

On a lighter note... OK the kids look pretty cartoonish, I didn't see the girl as a gnome I thought she was a young version of Miss Piggy from the Muppets Show, she only needs the ears to be complete, but I like the Muppets they remind me my childhood sunday afternoons, this card is associated with childhood and good memories so I can easily associate this card with those concepts.

Clare-Dragonfly

I am surprised this is an unpopular card--I really like it! OK, maybe the kids are a little gnomish looking, but as soon as I saw them I immediately thought of Hansel and Gretel. I think this is several years before the fairy tale happens: they are still happy and healthy, their family is not yet poor and starving, and the boy is clearly too young to think of something clever like marking their path with breadcrumbs. But the two clearly care about each other and work together to make their flowers grow. The flowers are all orange and yellow, happy colors (and possibly another connection to the Sun card).

My interpretation of them as Hansel and Gretel pre-fairytale fits with Waite's description in The Pictorial Key to the Tarot: looking back on childhood, things that have vanished. Bad things have happened in the history of these people, but this card represents the time before the bad things.

(Sorry, I know this is an old thread, but I just had to put in my two cents!)

FallynRaiyn

we're assuming they are related. but i think the sister seems protective of her little brother. and proud of herself, or proud of both of them, ...maybe they planted the flowers

i've never understood how children and flowers relate to the past. .....nostalgia? i don't know.