Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

The Different Deck

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Beyond Tarot > Oracle Study Groups > Playing Cards

Oversized hobbit

Morwenna 
Oversized hobbit

The Different Deck

I've been trawling the web for fancy decks for awhile now, but one of my latest acquisitions is really different--in fact that's its name, as in the title of this thread. It's the standard 52 plus 2 jokers, and the usual suits, but the pips and courts are definitely different. Instead of an arrangement of pips and the usual court pictures, there is on each card one large suit symbol, completely made up of words, numbers, little pictures, part of the usual picture in the case of the courts. Each one's contents are the number of the card, often in several languages, sometimes some reference to cultural uses of the number (e.g. one of the sevens has the deadly sins and another has the virtues), it's amazing. I'll never pick out everything in these cards.

But it strikes me that just by its nature, it should read in a very interesting fashion. In a way, it's nothing but keywords (if the names of numbers could be called keywords), but the use of cultural referents and foreign languages and little pictures might lead to intuitive readings. In any case it will be different from any established system! I can't wait to try it out!
Top   #1

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.