Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Custom Playing Card (Colors)

  > Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Beyond Tarot > Oracle Study Groups > Playing Cards


 
ThtDancerGuy  ThtDancerGuy is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 02 Aug 2014
Location: CA, United States
Posts: 973
ThtDancerGuy 
Citizen
Custom Playing Card (Colors)


Hey guys,

Wouldn't it be awesome if you could create custom different color-suit playing cards online for order? Like, I personally would want all Clubs cards to be red, all Hearts cards to be either yellow/gold or blue, all Spades cards to be either blue or yellow, and all Diamonds cards to be green. Is there already a website for creating custom playing cards like this?
Top   #1
blue_fusion's Avatar
blue_fusion  blue_fusion is offline
Alien
 
Join Date: 15 Jun 2002
Location: crossroads of eternity
Posts: 2,487
blue_fusion 
Alien

blue_fusion's Avatar

You might have to design one on your own, but thankfully, there are now a number of print-on-demand companies you could ask to do a "one off" of your deck, like thegamecrafter, printerstudio, and makeplayingcards, to name a few.

I also remember encountering a 4-color deck, using french suits, but following (I think) colors associated with german suits: black spades, green clubs, yellow diamonds, and red hearts.
Top   #2
Morwenna's Avatar
Morwenna  Morwenna is offline
Oversized hobbit
 
Join Date: 04 May 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Posts: 4,843
Morwenna 
Oversized hobbit

Morwenna's Avatar

I've come across online some 4-color decks: black spades, red hearts, green clubs, blue diamonds. Websites give me to believe that that's the modern norm for poker players who want visibility.

There was an older version that had yellow diamonds, and the black suits were green and blue in some order, but I can't find anyone who has them any more. I'd love to though.
Top   #3
blue_fusion's Avatar
blue_fusion  blue_fusion is offline
Alien
 
Join Date: 15 Jun 2002
Location: crossroads of eternity
Posts: 2,487
blue_fusion 
Alien

blue_fusion's Avatar

Here you go. I got the colors of the clubs and spades mixef up:

http://de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vierfarbenblatt
Top   #4
frejasphere  frejasphere is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 23 May 2013
Location: Somewhere between here and there, but always now
Posts: 327
frejasphere 
Citizen

I'd love to hear how you arrived at your preferences for the suit colours ThtDancerGuy - just being curious, I find it fascinating how one system can be interpreted and used in so many different ways

Like blue_fusion and Morwenna mentioned, there are decks designed for better visibility (they often have bigger numbers too...) - but if you have a specific set of colours in mind, you may have to design your own (which could be a fun project) ...

This one: http://www.thewright-stuff.com/wp-co...yingcards.jpeg - has yet another variation on suit colours... with green diamonds (so one 'tick' )

With playing cards, I personally like black & red... If I was going to colour the suits... I'd follow the way I see the tarot suits (interpretations do vary) which for me are:

Red = Hearts (blood, emotion | water)
Orange/Yellow = Clubs (passion, spirit | fire)
Green = Diamonds (foundations | earth)
Indigo/Black = Spades (thought, mind | air)

*wave*
Top   #5
ThtDancerGuy  ThtDancerGuy is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 02 Aug 2014
Location: CA, United States
Posts: 973
ThtDancerGuy 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by frejasphere View Post
I'd love to hear how you arrived at your preferences for the suit colours ThtDancerGuy - just being curious, I find it fascinating how one system can be interpreted and used in so many different ways

Like blue_fusion and Morwenna mentioned, there are decks designed for better visibility (they often have bigger numbers too...) - but if you have a specific set of colours in mind, you may have to design your own (which could be a fun project) ...

This one: http://www.thewright-stuff.com/wp-co...yingcards.jpeg - has yet another variation on suit colours... with green diamonds (so one 'tick' )

With playing cards, I personally like black & red... If I was going to colour the suits... I'd follow the way I see the tarot suits (interpretations do vary) which for me are:

Red = Hearts (blood, emotion | water)
Orange/Yellow = Clubs (passion, spirit | fire)
Green = Diamonds (foundations | earth)
Indigo/Black = Spades (thought, mind | air)

*wave*
Hi freyasphere,

My reasoning for the colors I want each suit to be are that red to me is for fire, blue is my color for water, yellow is my color for air, and green is for earth. I chose those specific colors because those are just the colors I've always assigned to the elements. Plus, having each respective color would not only make me feel that connection with my cards, but it would make it a whole lot easier to quickly scout out and address the specific suits and therefore elements in a reading.
Top   #6
frejasphere  frejasphere is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 23 May 2013
Location: Somewhere between here and there, but always now
Posts: 327
frejasphere 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThtDancerGuy View Post
Hi freyasphere,

My reasoning for the colors I want each suit to be are that red to me is for fire, blue is my color for water, yellow is my color for air, and green is for earth. I chose those specific colors because those are just the colors I've always assigned to the elements. Plus, having each respective color would not only make me feel that connection with my cards, but it would make it a whole lot easier to quickly scout out and address the specific suits and therefore elements in a reading.
thank you for sharing

Just now, I thought of a (possibly quicker) alternative way to achieve your coloured suits... If you source royalty-free b&w (line drawing) versions of cards to download, colour and print (or print and then colour, depending on method ) ... Perhaps not what you have in mind, just an idea
Top   #7
daphne's Avatar
daphne  daphne is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 16 Nov 2009
Location: in love with Tarot
Posts: 1,953
daphne 
Citizen

daphne's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThtDancerGuy View Post
Hey guys,

Wouldn't it be awesome if you could create custom different color-suit playing cards online for order? Like, I personally would want all Clubs cards to be red, all Hearts cards to be either yellow/gold or blue, all Spades cards to be either blue or yellow, and all Diamonds cards to be green. Is there already a website for creating custom playing cards like this?
I love these kind of playing cards, with colors. There are not so many out-there, at least not that I know. I do not mean that the writings/symbols are colored, but the background.

I have one like this and I like it and use it very much, it is so easy to see it at a glance in a layout what "colors" are in the spread.
It is a deck of colored playing cards which came as a set with a book "Fortune telling with Playing Cards" by Sophia. Not very easy to find, I tried to get a back up but nowadays I found just the book, without the deck.

It is beautifully colored, the symbols are standard colored, black or red, but the background is different for each suit (clubs are dark purple, hearts are red, spades are yellow and diamonds cards are green). Not solid colors, but a gradual coloring, darker on margins and lighter in the middle, gentle to the eye but definitely obvious. I tried to find a link with the cards, but there is none, only with the book. I will try to take a picture later with my cards and post it.

Here is the link with cards pictures:
https://arabesquez.wordpress.com/201...rds-by-sophia/

Even I would maybe prefer other colors for hearts and clubs, they work actually very well in a reading, hearts are passion matters, red goes nice here. The court cards are lovely personalized, with specific eye and hair - skin colors. And even the card symbols are beautifully drawn, it would be great so have some more playing card decks like this.
Top   #8


 


 


Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.