Vibrating God Names

Bernice

jujustar: Now with my studies in a different area of all this , i finally understand what it was all about. I started doing internal vibration because using my voice kept dragging me to the physical reality of my body,...
You've described this well enough for me to understand jujustar! I have the same 'condition' as you, physical enactment just distracts me. There must be others.

And I too discovered that study in a different field enhances understanding elsewhere. Again, there must be others.

We are not alone!

Bee :)

Always Wondering

jujustar said:
so i basically use my WHOLE body, not just the physical part, and you know, my lungs do feel it, and i do feel the exertion, but the overall effect is incredibly energizing, in spite of the exertion. It takes a lot of focus.
xxxooo

Hmmmm. Maybe that is what Crowley was getting at. Thanks for speaking up jujustar.

AW

ravenest

jujustar said:
ok, im really not the greatest at explaining things that i do.

ill try.

i had a teacher many years ago, when it was totally wasted on me..haha..

he got me to do many hours of mantras, alone, vocally,... and then after a long time, he said that i was ready for the "real mantra practice", which was taking the mantra into the heart, and vibrating/projecting it throughout the whole body with internal silent "sound", and i had to feel the different mantras vibrate in different areas on my body...
i never REALLY felt it as i was supposed to...

now with my studies in a different area of all this , i finally understand what it was all about. I started doing internal vibration because using my voice kept dragging me to the physical reality of my body, when i was trying to do my practices in a different form - not astrally though.....and i found that i didnt feel the same incredible surges of energy when i used my voice as i felt when i took it inside.

wow this is SO hard to explain coherently!!!

so i basically use my WHOLE body, not just the physical part, and you know, my lungs do feel it, and i do feel the exertion, but the overall effect is incredibly energizing, in spite of the exertion. It takes a lot of focus.

it wasnt that easy , it took a while for it to come naturally.

i hope ive explained myself.. i never talk about this stuff, but sometimes its good to share experience... id love to learn what others do, and id especially love to find out ive been doing it wrong way all this time..haha!!!

xxxooo

Well, I thought you explained it fine! And know what? What you describe is the exact practice (as I have understood it and learnt it) it's just that all of what you describe should happen AS WELL as the vocal part. And I believe that non- vcal part is probably the most important.

thorhammer

I wanted to bring this thread back up the tree again because it's been so helpful to me in the last week. I had a bit of beginner's luck with the whole vibrating thing, particularly since my yoga teacher chose the same week to begin practising the Ohm during class :thumbsup:. That has been instrumental in getting me heading in the right direction.

I'm a long way from where I think I could do it in any way effectively without making a sound, but last night I broke through a wall, and what had been internally powerful but fairly pointless suddenly - and I mean SUDDENLY - came out in a massive roar. I swear the neighbours would have heard, and I'm on a decent-sized block with the windows shut :D It wasn't loud, but it was . . . heavy, I guess. And it pulled me forward, like it was pulling itself out of me. Self-perpetuating, almost.

Thing is, though, I'm really struggling with consonants. They just get in the bloody way! I'm fine with Ohm, and IAO, but God names are troublesome; the vibration switches on and off and I find myself being more frustrated than focussed during my Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram (Orpheus' Nu-Sphere variation of which I'm using for now). Am I pronouncing them wrong? Most likely, I suppose. THERION is okay, I only get a little choked on the "R", but BABALON is a nightmare and so far she's forgiven me :laugh: but it's only going to wash for so long. Poor HADIT gets the worst of it, though - that "D" is the devil.

Does anyone have some words of wisdom on this?

\m/ Kat

Aeon418

thorhammer said:
Thing is, though, I'm really struggling with consonants.
Hmmm... that doesn't sound quite right. When vibrating a name you should really try to focus on stretching the vowels. The consonants act more like punctuation. They either begin or end a particular vaibration note.
I'm not sure if that makes sense.

For example when vibrating Hadit it sounds something like:

Haaaaaaaaaar-Deeeeeeeeeeet

Babalon is like this:

Baaaa-baaaa-luuuuun

Nuit:

Noooooo-eeeeeeet

Therion:

Thaaaay-riiiiiiiiii-uuuuuun

thorhammer

Yeah, that's pretty much what I'm doing, and the vowels are fine; it's just that the consonants choke off the energy. Clearly, more practise is required :)

But thanks - you corrected me on THERION at least :)

\m/ Kat

ravenest

I agree with Aeon - some of the little buggers do not lend themselves to vibes but appear to slightly modify a vibe.

t.town.troy

This is a great discussion. I recall something from Regardies' "Middle Pillar" that the vibratory formula will exhaust you to the point of falling over from dizziness. And on youtube there is a video of the LBRP (from the A.O.?) that have the 'words of power' almost sung/chanted, that reminds me of Paul Case and his teaching on Hebrew letters/sounds and musical notes. Also I remember something Regardie said about trying a string to a spoon and letting it hang down and holding the ends of the string to "plug" your ears with them, then striking something with the spoon (I can't remember what book). I can't remember exactly why he suggested this, but it had something to do with the vibratory formula.

inanna_tarot

For some reason I felt the NEED to do the LBRP today. I havent done it in at least 6 months if not a year.. a very long time. But I new which book I needed, got out the old athame (which I also recently reconsecrated) and went a vibrating.

What I love is how the energy shifts within you as you vibrate the worlds, like your tapping yourself into a specific light filter whilst your chanting that name.
I take a slow breath in through my nose and then go avibrating to myself (oh er misses!). When I vibrate I feel as though Im giving all of that energy out, and when I breath in I feel a whoosh of energy back in return.

It really is amazing at clearly the old cobwebs and getting some 'get go' which I have been severly lacking in today.

I need to do more reading on the LBRP, its been far too long since I played with ceremonial magick. Im rusty.