abracadabra above chariot?

smileme

Hello,i happened to notice abracadabra written over the chariot card(upper blue canopy part),DOes anyone know the meaning of this.THanks hearshe

Alobar

abracadabra (or abrahadabra) translates as "I will create as i speak". it is actually derived from the Hebrew 'abreq ad habra', which is "Hurl your thunderbolts even unto death"
Crowley felt that this was the 'Word of the Aeon' and related it to the gnostic god Abraxas.

from 'Magick in Theory and Practice'...
Such a Word should in fact be so potent that man cannot hear it and live. Such a word was indeed the lost Tetragrammaton. It is said that at the utterance of the name the Universe crashes into dissolution. Let the Magician earnestly seek this Lost Word.

translating to the number 418, Crowley calls it...
"one of the most important Key numbers of the Liber Al... the word of the Aeon... the cypher of the Great Work."

firemaiden

Alobar said:
abracadabra (or abrahadabra) translates as "I will create as i speak". it is actually derived from the Hebrew 'abreq ad habra', which is "Hurl your thunderbolts even unto death"
This is very interesting, Alobar, (great name by the way - I just read Jitterbug Perfume). The Wikipedia entry for Abracadra lists many possible derivations for abracadabra, but did not say that one of them was more accepted than the other. Could you please tell us how you learned of this derivation?

Yours is very eloquent, and I would like to know more about it. This is not in anyway meant to be a challenge of your source, I genuinely would like to know more about where you got this information, because I need it for something I am writing.

inanna_tarot

I believe abrahadabra was the spelling which Crowley used, as he received it from his Holy Guardian Angel, as part of the Book of the Law. Thats the only time I've come across that spelling of abracadabra.
Maybe there are hebrew and numerological reasons behind Crowley's spelling above the others but I'm not sure of those.

Sezo
x

Aeon418

Crowley was using the word ABRAHADABRA as a personal cipher for the Great Work before the reception of The Book of the Law. It's inclusion in that book indicated to Crowley that Aiwass was using his own personal occult symbol system to communicate with him.

ABRAHADABRA.

5 A's, the pentalpha = the microcosm. 6 consonants = the macrocosm.

5=6 is the magical grade of Adeptus Minor, one who has attained the Knowledge and Conversation of the Holy Guardian Angel.

5+6 = 11, according to Crowley the number of magick. (Crowley added the K. The 11th letter of the alphabet.)

Abrahadabra = 418. The Hebrew letter Cheth (attributed to the tarot card The Chariot), spelled in full, = 418.

From Crowley's, The Equinox vol.1, no.5:

418 = Ch = 8.
By Aiq Bkr ABRAHADABRA = 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 5 + 1 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 22.
Also 418 = 22 x 19 Manifestation. Hence the word manifests the 22 Keys of
Rota.
It means by translation Abraha Deber, the Voice of the Chief Seer.
It resolves into Pentagram and Hexagram as follows: --- {116}

A
/ \ [This is by taking the 5 middle letters.]
R-----B
A The pentagram is 12, HVA, Macroprosopus.
/ \
H D The hexagram is 406, AThH, Microprosopus.
\ /
A-A
B---R Thus it connotes the Great Work.
\ /
A Note ABR, initials of the Supernals, Ab, Ben, Ruach.

(2) A [This is by separating the One (Aleph) from the Many
/ \ / \ (diverse letters).]
A A R H "The Vision and the Voice," a
\ / | | BRH = 207, Aur, Light à phrase which meant much
A-A B D DBR = 206, Deber, Voice ³ to me at the moment of dis-
\ / covering this Word.
R

(3) A A
/ \ / \
A A B A
\ / | | [By taking each alternate letter.]
R-B H D
\ /
R
205 = GBR, mighty.
This shows Abrahadabra as
213 = ABIR, mighty.
the Word of Double Power, another phrase that meant much to me at the time.
AAB at the top of the Hexagram gives AB, AIMA, BN, Father, Mother, Child.
HDR by Yetzirah gives Horus, Isis, Osiris, again Father, Mother , Child.
This Hexagram is again the human Triad.
Dividing into 3 and 8 we get the Triangle of Horus dominating the Stooping
Dragon of 8 Heads, the Supernals bursting the Head of Daath.
Also A
/ \ The Supernals are supported upon two squares ---
R---B
A--B A--H ABAD = DD, Love, 8.
| | | |
A--D R--A AHRA = AVR, Light, 207.
Now 8 x 207 = 1656 = ChI, Living, and 207 = 9 x 23, ChIH, Life. At this
time "Licht, Liebe, Leben" was the mystic name of the Mother-Temple of the
G.'. D.'. {117}
The five letters used in the word are A, the Crown; B, the Wand; D, the
Cup; H, the Sword; R, the Rosy Cross; and refer further to Amoun the Father,
Thoth His messenger, and Isis, Horus, Osiris, the divine-human triad.
Also 418 = ATh IAV, the Essence of IAO, q.v.
This short analysis might be indefinitely expanded; but always the symbol
will remain the Expression of the Goal and the Exposition of the Path.

firemaiden

Aeon418 thank you!!!! (It gives us a clue to your name ;))

Equusgirl

That was quite the mouthful, or eyeful if youd prefer. I'm going to have to re read it a few times to try and absorb it, obviously with only one cup of coffee in my system this early in the morning, my eyes aren't quite grasping it all.

Thank you so much for posting this Aeon, you are a genius!!