Ritual of the Hexagram

Aeon418

The pentagram ritual you are using. It's the LBRP, right? (Golden Dawn book, first knowledge lecture p.53-54)

The pentagram ritual described on p.280 onwards is a different animal altogether.

Professor X

No I am using the one on page 280 upwards.

I have been using the banishing pentagram of Earth from that section. I have had excellent success with it along with the banishing of the Pentagram ritual.

My aura has become inpenetable to outside forces. I have always had excellent astral and aura defenses,that is what I have been specifically working on for the past 10 years. This is why I am now stepping into more active forms of magick. The people I work with always wind up draining me because they are so negative,but now that I am getting stronger that doesnt happen.

Aeon418

I had a feeling you were going to say that...

Of course you can do what you like, but be aware the SRP for banishing earth is not a general banishing ritual. It treats earth as an individual element in it's own right. It only banishes earth. An analogy would be to remove the suit of Disks from your Thoth deck, while leaving the other three untouched.
The LBRP appears to use the same pentagram, but it's not. Even though sometimes it is described as an earth pentagram, it's not being used in the same sense that it is in the SRP. I think this is where you might have got confused.

Professor X

Aeon418 said:
I had a feeling you were going to say that...

Of course you can do what you like, but be aware the SRP for banishing earth is not a general banishing ritual. It treats earth as an individual element in it's own right. It only banishes earth. An analogy would be to remove the suit of Disks from your Thoth deck, while leaving the other three untouched.
The LBRP appears to use the same pentagram, but it's not. Even though sometimes it is described as an earth pentagram, it's not being used in the same sense that it is in the SRP. I think this is where you might have got confused.

In the text accompanying the ritual its says that it can be used for general banishings,thats why I used it.

I have never really felt right about the general banishing ritual in the opening part of the book,perhaps I should take another look at it.

Aeon418

Professor X said:
In the text accompanying the ritual its says that it can be used for general banishings,thats why I used it.
It does? I can see a couple of references to the Lesser Ritual in the context of "general banishings", but nothing about the Supreme Ritual. This isn't surprising when you consider that the Supreme Ritual corresponds to the Golden Dawn Portal grade. (See GD book p.198-220)
Professor X said:
I have never really felt right about the general banishing ritual in the opening part of the book,perhaps I should take another look at it.
It might be a good idea. That particular ritual is practically the foundation stone of the entire western magical tradition.
Aleister Crowley said:
Those who regard this ritual as a mere device to invoke or banish spirits, are unworthy to possess it. Properly understood, it is the Medicine of Metals and the Stone of the Wise.

ravenest

Yes, but it might take quiet a bit of regular practice to realise this. BUT when that door begins to open, its amazing whats inside ... good Lord, Crowley wasnt exaggerating there!

Professor X

Last week I began doing the pentagram ritual as described in the first knowledge lecture in the Golden Dawn book and I have seen some very good effects. It has indeed strenghtened my personal aura. I am noticing that others energies are having less and less effect on me even when they try to get into my energies.

This is the type of magick that is a living ritual,meaning the things you do become a part of you and your spiritual journey. I am very pleased with the results of everything so far and will be continuing the ritual daily.