9 of wands as hopes and desires in a relationship

Miradeck

Argh! I don't like asking/being asked about people in relationships!!

Considering her status (in a relationship) the meanings change a bit too.

I'm sorry I can't say more it's just not somewhere I go or want to go.

Totally understand, and respect your actions. Just to add on to my thoughts - she wasn't very forthcoming with her relationship status probably because she's indecisive about what to do. But with her apparent "flirting", I thought I needed to find out what she's really thinking of doing.

IndigoWaves

Hi IndigoWaves,
Actually she made the first move to get to know me better and I went along with it. It was all friendliness but she did make some obvious moves during the outings (yes to me that is unmistakeable & maybe even deliberate). Maybe she was just flirting I don't know. And I didn't know about her relationship situation until much later when she confided in me so I decided to lay down some cards to see what she's actually looking out for.
In light of this, you may need to be the one "on guard"... In a relationship that's currently got her down, she may only be looking for outside fuel/sexual interest of a temporary, superficial sort -- just until she feels re-energized, strengthened and in control. She could be driven by a very personal, hotly protected, even inaccessible (9W) agenda, so caution and restraint seem advised or you may wind up badly hurt; I really don't think that she's willing to give up on her current partner.

Miradeck

I really don't think that she's willing to give up on her current partner.

You're right on this point. She felt she has invested a few years in the relationship and therefore wants to give it another go. I'm just being a friendly ear and company at this point.
And yes I'm being cautious in my dealings with her at this point forward. Thanks for your comments.