Aleister crowley's Big-screen play split from 'Aleister Crowley Thoth Deck' thread

Dean

U.k

Hi Shekinhmoon,
I have thought about this and judging from his past film roles in Gattaca and Enemy at the gates, i think i'am in agreement with you on this. I have seen him play alot of challenging films in the past and i think he has that same intensity and intellectual quality that is needed to play Crowleys persona.

I really think he could pass for a young Crowley and could play a very English Aristocratic Gentleman, well so to speak.

gregory

ShekinahMoon said:
After going to that link and looking at those comparison pictures of Crowley and Jude Law...I vote for Jude Law. Can he act though?
No he can't. He is Jude Law. That was OK the first couple of times as you could sort of believe he was acting, but the more you see him the more you realise that he can only do Jude !

ShekinahMoon

gregory said:
No he can't. He is Jude Law. That was OK the first couple of times as you could sort of believe he was acting, but the more you see him the more you realise that he can only do Jude !

I see. Then he won't do if he can't act multiple roles. Which is why I'm such a fan of Johnny Depp. He can do multiple roles and some sinister. Ever see Secret Window. That was weird.

Dean

U.k

Well i did like his role in Edward scissors hand which was the only film he was quite humorous in, but could he be seen has an English eccentric.

ShekinahMoon

Deanres said:
Well i did like his role in Edward scissors hand which was the only film he was quite humorous in, but could he be seen has an English eccentric.

Well Depp plays eccentric very well. Johnny Depp did play the life story of the author of Peter Pan and the author was Scottish and lived during Crowley's era. And this man seemed to be quite eccentric. So Depp played ecentric and 19th century European. He could do Crowley. :)

Kissa

the problem is to go past Depp's pretty looks. i'd really like to see a not-so-famous-for-his-looks actor playing the role, otherwise it won't be credible.

plus i don't think he looks like Crowley that much.

it would definitely have to be a british actor, i quite second somebody's vote for Stephen Fry. Lucky man, first Oscar Wilde than Crowley... that would be quite an achievement.

please, please no Jude Law, let him have all the tabloid first pages but NOT Crowley's role. anyway he too is far more too good looking in a cold-beauty way. not my style.

kissa

Sophie

Crowley was very pretty when he was young, before drugs and high and low living took their toll. Johnny Depp does good character acting - he goes far beyond the pretty face, I'm sure he would manage Crowley. But if a British actor can be found that fits the bill, that would be fine. Trouble is, Crowley really was larger than life and stranger than fiction...

I think Stephen Fry would be much too old as this story is supposed to be about Crowley at the age of 30. Also, he's not sporty-looking enough. Remember Crowley was an ace mountaineer.

Dean

U.k

So far we have had alot of interesting idea's and view's on which Actor should play Aleister Crowley's - film role in Revolt of the Magician.

I have done a list below of each A.T persons wanted Leading - Actor and Actress - for this Screenplay.

Deanres - Leading Actor for A. Crowley's Screenplay - Jude Law possible

Gregory - Leading Actor for A. Crowley's Screenplay - Alan Rickman

Helvetica - Leading Actress for Florence Farr Screenplay - Julianne Moore

Shekinah
Moon - Leading Actor for A. Crowley's Screenplay - Johnny Depp

Lillie - Leading Actor for A. Crowley's Screenplay - Depp or Jude possible

Roppo - Leading Actor for A. Crowley's Screenplay - Althea Gyles

Kissa - Leading Actor for A. Crowley's Screenplay - Stephen Fry

ShekinahMoon

Kissa said:
the problem is to go past Depp's pretty looks. i'd really like to see a not-so-famous-for-his-looks actor playing the role, otherwise it won't be credible.

plus i don't think he looks like Crowley that much.

it would definitely have to be a british actor, i quite second somebody's vote for Stephen Fry. Lucky man, first Oscar Wilde than Crowley... that would be quite an achievement.

please, please no Jude Law, let him have all the tabloid first pages but NOT Crowley's role. anyway he too is far more too good looking in a cold-beauty way. not my style.

kissa

I can see benefits of a non-famous actor. This would put the focus on the character and not the actor. I'm not sure if looking like Crowley is that vital. Hollywood make up does wonders. But I do admit Depp looks like Depp in every movie he does. His look does not change very much. But his acting skills are great.

A British actor playing Crowley makes a lot of sense. He can bring to the screen the embedded English culture and accent an American actor could not. Now that I think about it...I vote for a British actor instead of Depp. Ahhh that embedded American arrogance we have. Of course a British actor should play Crowley.