Crystals for anxiety?

Anguisette

I have recently bought a moonstone to purge my cards of negative energy while I store them, as well as promote concentration in my readings. Are there any kinds of stones for protection AS i read?

Ty in advance

Kristyjnh

Personally, I always go for Black Tourmaline because rather than absorbing negative energy it repels it. It's a personal favorite (coming from somebody with anxiety disorders), and I've had great results with it (but I've heard it's not for everyone).

Options for Anti-Anxiety
- Amethyst
- Ametrine
- Apophyllite
- Black Tourmaline
- Blue/Green/Pink Calcite
- Blue Lace Agate
- Blue Sapphire
- Chrysoprase
- Green Aventurine
- Hiddenite
- Howlite
- Lapis Lazuli
- Lepidolite
- Lithium Quartz
- Mica
- White Agate

Options for Protection
- Amethyst
- Ametrine
- Angelite
- Apache Tears
- Aquamarine
- Black Tourmaline
- Brown Calcite
- Carnelian
- Celestite
- Golden Tiger Eye
- Goldstone
- Hematite
- Jade
- Jet
- Lapis Lazuli
- Moonstone
- Tiger Iron
- White Jade

So anything meeting both needs might be good. Hope it helps!

celticnoodle

Diamond is suppose to be good for relieving anxiety and also Lapis Lazuli. Also a clear quartz crystal and I have to say that the rose quartz is my favorite stone for helping me to relax and concentrate. Its a very soothing stone. I would have to say it is probably my favorite gemstone.

Padma

Labradorite is good for that. I have tested it myself :) Also agree about the black tourmaline and the rose quartz. I find smoky topaz (quartz) is also good for alleviating distress, as well as protection. I find garnets very grounding, and yet energizing, as well...and they lend you confidence, too!

Anguisette

Personally, I always go for Black Tourmaline because rather than absorbing negative energy it repels it. It's a personal favorite (coming from somebody with anxiety disorders), and I've had great results with it (but I've heard it's not for everyone).

Options for Anti-Anxiety
- Amethyst
- Ametrine
- Apophyllite
- Black Tourmaline
- Blue/Green/Pink Calcite
- Blue Lace Agate
- Blue Sapphire
- Chrysoprase
- Green Aventurine
- Hiddenite
- Howlite
- Lapis Lazuli
- Lepidolite
- Lithium Quartz
- Mica
- White Agate

Options for Protection
- Amethyst
- Ametrine
- Angelite
- Apache Tears
- Aquamarine
- Black Tourmaline
- Brown Calcite
- Carnelian
- Celestite
- Golden Tiger Eye
- Goldstone
- Hematite
- Jade
- Jet
- Lapis Lazuli
- Moonstone
- Tiger Iron
- White Jade

So anything meeting both needs might be good. Hope it helps!

Great post! I'm looking into Amethyst, Ametrine, and Lapis Lazuli

pink daliha

Green calcite

Look into some Green Calcite too. Its for grounding and can help you refocus your mind. I've had excellent results and its easy to find.
I want to warn you about using Lapis, Not that its bad, per se, but it will "plug you in" (make you really receptive) in a way that can be intense if your not ready for it.

Richard

Great post! I'm looking into Amethyst, Ametrine, and Lapis Lazuli
Good samples of ametrine are expensive. I suspect that amethyst+citrine together would have similar characteristics. Since citrine is said to repel negative energies, it should thereby enhance the anti-anxiety and protective properties of amethyst.

greatdane

pink quartz is soothing

I have a big chunk of lepidolite and it is TOO much, rather than relaxing, I find it more of a stimulant. I had to take it out of the bedroom and move it into the living room so I could sleep! Blue lace agate, ocean jasper, pink quartz I find soothing. I like to have them around me before I go to sleep.

stonesatiety

For your question regarding anxiety: I'd use a stone that grounds you with a stone that helps you open your heart. That's the feeling of being in one's power.

For protection: A small double-terminated Tibetan black quartz crystal came to me years ago. It has its own deerskin pouch gifted to me by a friend. Although I can handle things myself, when this crystal offers to ride along and "protect," I accept without question. It repels discordant energy while calling attention to *my* participation.

In addition, consider a stone to help with clarity. Garnet works well in that way. When you see things clearly, you'll be less confused and afraid.

Richard

The amethyst+citrine combo (poor man's ametrine) seems to work very well for me. I substituted it for my blue lace agate yesterday, and it seems even more effective for anti anxiety. I slept like a log last night, no stressful dreams whatsoever. Also, the citrine is believed to enhance mental clarity, and it is possible that the combo may never need to be cleansed, but this remains to be seen.