Ancient Italian Tarot

faunabay

Surprisingly enough I'm happy with what I have. Maybe it's because I've ordered the Ancient Italian finally and it seems to be actually happening this time. LOL At least I haven't gotten an email telling me it's not. So I've got enough.....at least for now. })

That Laura Tuan Dotti sure looks nice though. hehehehe And I am going to Des Moines to see Jeannette at Tarot Garden this coming thursday. }) }) }) Who knows what she'll have there she doesn't have on the website!! mmwwwhahahaha!!!!

Le Fanu

sapienza said:
I'm HOPELESS! I actually ordered the Bologna earlier this evening, I couldn't help myself. I also managed to get myself the Laura Tuan version of the Dotti on EBay and now you introduce me to the Genovese.....which of course I now MUST HAVE. I think I'm going to have to ban myself from this forum for the rest of the year. I really can't afford to buy any more decks. Mind you, if I got the Genovese then I wouldn't need the second copy of the Classical to trim would I? :D

Get the corner rounder ready for when the Tuan Dotti arrives! Do you know if your version is Spanish or Italian? Id have preferred an Italian version, but as I had a discount voucher for the shop which had the older, Spanish version, I bought that version.

I think it was quite wise of you to get the Bologna. I don't really connect with it to be honest, but feel that one day I shall wake up and no other deck will do! Im funny like that... I just don't like the 6 blue dots down the side. You'll know what I mean when you get it... Riccardo said it was to prevent having to "widen" the image for Scarabeo card format and thus distort it.

IF (big IF) you get the Genovese, I think you'll like it. If you want to send me your email sapienza, I can send you the review I wrote which may help you make a decision. Or at least tell you a bit more about the deck...

O and the mini-Soprafino emmsma... a bit of a dolly deck... I have it. Purely for decorative reasons... It stands on my tarot shelf looking dinky and funny... Now there's one, sapienza, which you don't need to buy!

If it's any consolation, you will get to a stage when there really is nothing else to buy... You'll have made your informed purchases and can sit back and watch them all get scarce!

Bernice

Oh dear - I shouldn't have looked at this thread. Now I want the Genovese Tarot....

sapienza, you've caved-in and ordered it. I think I'll not be far behind you :)

Bee :)

SolSionnach

Le Fanu said:
If it's any consolation, you will get to a stage when there really is nothing else to buy... You'll have made your informed purchases and can sit back and watch them all get scarce!
I'm in about that place already! I guess that's what happens when you buy and sell about 200 decks. I have just about all the readily-available ones, and $$$s are tight, which is massively deenabling in itself (not to mention I just bought an iPod Touch!)

I have to say... it's amazing that there are over 160 posts in this thread - for a PIP deck, for crying out loud! I'm very proud of all of us... you know we've got GREAT taste in decks! :D :D :party: :party:

The only one I still want is the colored Mitelli - dal Negro? - I'm not interested in the Meneghello b/w one.

Anyone know a source for that deck? :bugeyed:

sapienza

Le Fanu said:
IF (big IF) you get the Genovese, I think you'll like it. If you want to send me your email sapienza, I can send you the review I wrote which may help you make a decision. Or at least tell you a bit more about the deck...

Thanks, I'll send you a PM.

Le Fanu said:

Believe it or not, I think I'm close to that point. It's only fairly recently I've embraced the whole 'historical deck' thing and so of course I've had to make up for lost time, so to speak. I certainly know there is a lot out there I DON'T want and so there really are only a few left I want to get. The problem is that someone keeps introducing me to wonderful things I'm not aware of ;)

I'm not sure if the Laura Tuan I'm getting is Italian or Spanish, I'm guessing, and hoping, it's Italian as it's coming from Italy....but time will tell.

sravana said:
I have to say... it's amazing that there are over 160 posts in this thread - for a PIP deck, for crying out loud! I'm very proud of all of us... you know we've got GREAT taste in decks!

It is rather impressive, isn't it? :)

Le Fanu

sravana said:
The only one I still want is the colored Mitelli - dal Negro? - I'm not interested in the Meneghello b/w one.

Anyone know a source for that deck? :bugeyed:

Call me Mr Enabler, but - yes - I do know a source for that deck. They have it at alidastore.

I have the Dal Negro Mitelli and it is stunning. Twisting, contorting baroque gesturing. And no titles, and the pips trussed up with fluttering bows and stuff. Shame it isn't a 78 card deck. Id read with it much more regularly if it were.

I was in a shop last week in Madrid tarot shopping and the dal Negro Mitelli was in a case with all the expensive decks. Ive no idea if it is truly rare or not...

160 posts. Impressive, yes, but not all about the Ancient Italian! We have meandered rather and discussed buying just about every Italian deck currently on the market! :D

sapienza

I was just wondering last night if perhaps this thread should have been in the historical deck section. Or maybe, if it was possible to include it in the forum index over in that section. There is probably a lot of useful (albeit enabling) information in here for someone interested in Italian decks.

I'm also keen at some point to start a few discussion threads about certain cards from the deck......just need to find the time. Perhaps if I stopped 'shopping' that might free up some time for me :D

Le Fanu

sapienza said:
I was just wondering last night if perhaps this thread should have been in the historical deck section

Awful to say this, but this section gets so much more passing trade. Often threads in the historical section go unseen. I get the impression not everyone visits that section, whereas everyone visits this section...

Perhaps this thread should have been called "The Italian decks" and we would be free to gush about all of them!

SolSionnach

Le Fanu said:
Call me Mr Enabler, but - yes - I do know a source for that deck. They have it at alidastore.
$48 before shipping.

Oh hell. I'm just not up for that right now. I suppose that in a couple of years I'll be paying through the nose for one (that assuming that my current financial woes are over - says she who just bought an iPod Touch. Go figure!)

I think it's nice that this thread has been in Tarot Decks. I don't think it belongs in the historical forum, because we haven't really been discussing the decks, rather oohing and aaahing and tempting each other to buy them!

emmsma

I kinda find the Hanged man's disembodied legs - 2 pairs of them! quite disturbing. De-enabled for the Genovese.

Sad about it. :p