OshoZen Fire: "Experiencing" 3 of Fire

Briar Rose

A woman holding onto a tree, or huging a a tree

We create our universe, and we want to share, and feel an intensity towards playfullness, which leads us to possibilities, and we begin to experience a gentle connectedness towards each other, the earth and our universe.

This card means to me to connect with the earth. Hug a tree, listen to earth happening.

Alan Ross

I see this card as a reminder to slow down occasionally and reconnect with nature. It's easy, especially for those of us who live in the city, to live our lives disconnected from nature and her rhythms, but when we do this, we are disconnected from an important part of who we are, since we are inextricably interconnected with and dependent on Nature.

The LWB states that when you hug a tree and feel it hug you back, "...for the first time you will be able to know that the tree is not just the form, it is not just a certain species the botanists talk about, it is an unknown God." Wiccans and Pagans understand this. So does anyone living close to Nature with the willingness to experience her depths.

"Flower in the crannied wall,
I pluck you out the crannies,
I hold you here, root and all, in my hand,
Little flower – but ‘if’ I could understand
What you are, root and all, and all in all,
I should know what God and man is."

--Lord Alfred Tennyson

Judith D

Last year I was in Western Australia, and we travelled down south and through a small enclave of the last remaining karri trees in that area. They are huge - tall, thick, majestic, old, and carry an unbelievable aura. I went from tree to tree, 'hugging' them, holding on and putting my head on the bark, and listening to the heart of the tree. The photographs tell you nothing, but it was an experience on a par with a previous trip, when I went up to Monkey Mia and paddled with the dolphins, reaching out and listening to them. Absolute magic! The trees are so alive, and so giving, although you feel your insignificance. They hum away, talking to each other and to the earth itself. You have to be humble, to be quiet and grateful, to feel the gift that they give so freely to those who have the desire to receive.

There are places on the shore where you can put your head down on the rocks and listen to them breathe. That connection with nature - or with another human being - is always available, and it is such a pity we do it so infrequently.

squeakmo9

Judith D said:
That connection with nature - or with another human being - is always available, and it is such a pity we do it so infrequently.

So true.
I remember hugging a tree at my lowest depths of despair, and I could feel compassion.
I thought tree hugging crazy until I did it:D
The ocean has the same effect on me, the vastness, I feel its acceptance of me.
With all the layers of clothing this lady on the card is wearing, to me, it speaks of experiencing life on all levels, and being grateful for all that has been learned.

Grizabella

Being in Oregon, I'm in tree hugger heaven. I've travelled to a few other places like California, Nevada and Arizona and I'm always so glad to get back up here to my trees. There's no man-made cathedral in the world that can compare to standing in an old growth rain forest. And no matter whether you're viewing videos, looking at photos, or hearing someone describe it, until you experience it in person, you just can't know what it's really like.

armonia

osho zen 3 of Fire: Experiencing

I totally agree with everyone's sentiments about hugging trees!! There is really no other experience of this magnitude. This card also nicely picks up from the 2 of Fire: Possibilities. Whereas with the possibilities, you are thinking or preparing for something to happen, with the experiencing, you are making it happen, and it is a superb reminder to connect with nature - the wisdom of Mother Earth. It's always good to touch something natural everyday, even if it is your house plants.

Master_Margarita

Like armonia, I relish the sweeping contrast between the eagle of the Two of Fire, high in the sky, and the tree of the Three of Fire, rooted in the ground. Both are aspects of Fire, but they manifest themselves in very different ways.

And is that a hint of the Rainbow--an echo of Pentacles--in the underskirt of the robe of the woman communing with that tree, the "unknown God"?