The Emperor and Rev Emperor in a decision reading

MDredhead

I keep getting the Emperor lately in readings regarding a decision I have to make about buying a house. Sometimes he is reversed, sometimes upright.

Normally I would interpret this as a move forward-- active male energy, the feeling of being "large and in charge" being in authority and having power. This card being reversed seems to indicate a blockage of some of that energy, or maybe exerting my will too much. But I am sort of puzzled by him in this context.

For reference, I am reading with RWS. Any musings on the Emperor?

Grizabella

The cards may be pointing out to you that when you purchase property, you then have your "domain" that you're the one totally responsible for. If you rent, your landlord is liable if there are any plumbing problems, etc. but if you own your home, then you have all that expense and responsibility yourself without being able to give the repairs and bills to your landlord. I've done both and there's quite a big difference in responsibilities, worries and expenses when you own the home.

headincloud

Emperor is becoming more his own person in the world and expanding boundaries especially through work or real estate, our kingdom grows under this card through assertive action, determination and structure. Reversed it highlights lack of structure, determination and action, the emperor now becomes a weak ineffectual man or alternatively an intimidating tyrant. Could be reflecting a mind set of I will one minute, then no I won't, and I can't decide etc.

It also reverses when we're not taking enough responsibility for ourselves and prefer being dependant on others, peter pan syndrome etc

MDredhead

The cards may be pointing out to you that when you purchase property, you then have your "domain" that you're the one totally responsible for. If you rent, your landlord is liable if there are any plumbing problems, etc. but if you own your home, then you have all that expense and responsibility yourself without being able to give the repairs and bills to your landlord. I've done both and there's quite a big difference in responsibilities, worries and expenses when you own the home.

I have several properties that I own, so I am painfully familiar with the upkeep! This one would be the "family home" for some time. I really like this house, but am worried about repairs of course, especially as its an older house.

MDredhead

Emperor is becoming more his own person in the world and expanding boundaries especially through work or real estate, our kingdom grows under this card through assertive action, determination and structure. Reversed it highlights lack of structure, determination and action, the emperor now becomes a weak ineffectual man or alternatively an intimidating tyrant. Could be reflecting a mind set of I will one minute, then no I won't, and I can't decide etc.

It also reverses when we're not taking enough responsibility for ourselves and prefer being dependant on others, peter pan syndrome etc

Yes-- I am very much of the I will/I am sure/I won't/I am not sure back and forth. I am actually buying this in my name alone with 100% my money and its a huge decision as its a house I want to be in for a while.