Major Arcana Cards in Daily Reading

Chimerical

I asked about a reading over on the Readings thread and tge question of how to interpret Major Arcana cards in this context came up. (I'm very new to tarot!)

Do we still bother to take note of Major/Minor distinctions when it's a daily reading?

I was thinking maybe the appearance of a Major card could mean the card is likely to show up in multiple ways--thematically? Or is that still reading too much into it?

How do you guys interpret them?

rwcarter

A Major may reflect the biggest thing that happened that day, although in the grand scheme of things it may not be all that major an occurrence.

For example, the Chariot could mean car trouble, the Empress might mean a call from your mother, the Emperor could be an email from your father, The Tower might be a realization, the Hanged Man could represent someone who left you hanging that day, etc.

Retrospect should be able to tell you how that Major played out in your day. And if you're having a hard time reconciling that Major with your day, then it appeared in such an inconsequential manner that you didn't even notice it. Not so Major after all then. ;)

Rodney

Farzon

As usually, it depends šŸ˜Š.
Of course it can be a very big thing in a daily reading as well. I think usually, we know if we have to expect something big coming up.

In most of the cases, I would say it's just like Rodney said and the challenge is to really see the major's mundane meanings.

Barleywine

I also agree with Rodney. I once had the Tower appear three days in a row, and three separate minor "disasters" fulfilled that promise. At times they can be that literal, but more often I've experienced them as less remarkable, like a "blip" on a flat-lined radar trace.

Chimerical

Awesome--thanks guys.

I've pulled a couple of Majors in my daily readings in the past week and kept expecting something somewhat significant to happen. I'm glad they can just refer to mundane happenings rather than it meaning that I'm somehow doing this wrong haha (or paying really terrible attention to what's going on in my day).

nisaba

Do we still bother to take note of Major/Minor distinctions when it's a daily reading?

Each card has its own intrinsic meaning, whether it's a Major or a Minor. They don't duplicate each other. Just read the card as an individual, with its own unique message. Neither is more or less important than the other.

EmpyreanKnight

I do pay close attention when a Major pops up for a daily draw, tho like the other posters, it's often the case that nothing of much significance really happens.

headincloud

Awesome--thanks guys.

I've pulled a couple of Majors in my daily readings in the past week and kept expecting something somewhat significant to happen. I'm glad they can just refer to mundane happenings rather than it meaning that I'm somehow doing this wrong haha (or paying really terrible attention to what's going on in my day).

imho feelings are key to the tarot, until you can 'feel' a card you can't read it. I'm not saying stop paying attention to what's happening in your day but tune into your feelings more so, noticing how you feel under the influence of a certain card may be a quicker way in for you.

The event itself is the manifestation of the more subtle energies of thought and feeling so the tarot teaches you to trace it back so to speak and in doing so we learn self attunement which better equips us to steer our lives in the direction we wish.