Death

velvet moon

I'm starting to get a picture here. You are flirting with an older man whom you think may have a crush on you. It is also a Scorpio way. I'm going to put a sour note in here, and I apologize beforehand, but I do believe in the cards and taking precautions .... especially when you are in "looking for Mister Goodbar mode."... You should be getting the picture by now.....just a word to the wise based on a strong intuitive sense I am getting here. This is a game for you, but it may not be for him. As a Scorpio, you should be aware that you actually attract the Death card. And, I do mean that in a literal sense. They can easily, and often do, become victim's of their own sensuality. If I were you.....a Scorpio.....and I drew the Death card TWICE to that question....I would abandon this project immediately and never look back. Take the advice the cards are giving you. The spirit world is speaking to you and that is the message I am getting.

hey..could you be clearer? are you saying I could be hurt or that I could cause hurt? he hs just a wee bit older but not heaps...and it's not a game for me although I can see why doing a reading on someones feelings based on curiosity can be a little self absorbed. He is a friend and I care, I'm inexpicably drawn to him without wanting to be and it seems mutual. but yeah, I could probably just let it go. ;-) thanks for the intuition.

Ruby Jewel

hey..could you be clearer? are you saying I could be hurt or that I could cause hurt? he hs just a wee bit older but not heaps...and it's not a game for me although I can see why doing a reading on someones feelings based on curiosity can be a little self absorbed. He is a friend and I care, I'm inexpicably drawn to him without wanting to be and it seems mutual. but yeah, I could probably just let it go. ;-) thanks for the intuition.

I am giving you one possible interpretation of the reading, but the Death card speaks twice. I do not know the extenuating circumstances here. Perhaps there is even a third party involved....nor do I know the rest of the cards. If the fellow sees you as the "Death" card, that is the energy surrounding the question. Like I said earlier, I usually take the Death card to be speaking of transformation, but I have also had it make reference to a literal death.
You, however, are in charge of your life.....not the cards. As a Scorpio, your intuition is strong. The other cards in this reading are equally important.

velvet moon

I am giving you one possible interpretation of the reading, but the Death card speaks twice. I do not know the extenuating circumstances here. Perhaps there is even a third party involved....nor do I know the rest of the cards. If the fellow sees you as the "Death" card, that is the energy surrounding the question. Like I said earlier, I usually take the Death card to be speaking of transformation, but I have also had it make reference to a literal death.
You, however, are in charge of your life.....not the cards. As a Scorpio, your intuition is strong. The other cards in this reading are equally important.
hmmm. interesting. intuitively and from experience of the person involved there's nothing quite so heavy here in *that* direction (but I am open to entertaining any possibility) yet it is wise to take such cards seriously. perhaps it is warning me of the dangers of trying to see yourself through others, or know their thoughts on you, which are after all private and not my concern at this point so thanks for reminding me to respect the cards and the power of information they hold :) .
To bring it back to a more mundane and educational level of trying tounderstand the card better in this conext, I pulled some clarifyers. (must add that both questions though not worded so, were mentally focused on a particular recent night) -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Q 1 'what does the death card mean in regards to my personal appearance(seeing as how I got in a generalised question as well)?' 2 of stones- This supports the 'over worked and stressed' theory. prince of cups - I look emotionally overwrought or depressed. lastly and surprisingly - Strength I look as if I'm managing my work and duties impressively? Alternatively, I look like I am either dominating or dominated? Q 2 'what does the death card mean in regards to how I look to X?.'4 of cups - Like I'm having mixed feelings about changes in my life. princess (page) of wands - He sees me as scattering my energy out too much, perhaps. radha, the princess of wands in my deck is a simultaneously innocent and alluring scorpio ruled goddess. Ace of swords - hmm maybe despite being far from thin I still look dainty or skinnier than usual...I am petite /short. or as being sharp and cold in some way.

JylliM

Is your overwork and stress making you look 'like death warmed up'?

Ruby Jewel

hmmm. interesting. intuitively and from experience of the person involved there's nothing quite so heavy here in *that* direction (but I am open to entertaining any possibility) yet it is wise to take such cards seriously. perhaps it is warning me of the dangers of trying to see yourself through others, or know their thoughts on you, which are after all private and not my concern at this point so thanks for reminding me to respect the cards and the power of information they hold :) .
To bring it back to a more mundane and educational level of trying tounderstand the card better in this conext, I pulled some clarifyers. (must add that both questions though not worded so, were mentally focused on a particular recent night) -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Q 1 'what does the death card mean in regards to my personal appearance(seeing as how I got in a generalised question as well)?' 2 of stones- This supports the 'over worked and stressed' theory. prince of cups - I look emotionally overwrought or depressed. lastly and surprisingly - Strength I look as if I'm managing my work and duties impressively? Alternatively, I look like I am either dominating or dominated? Q 2 'what does the death card mean in regards to how I look to X?.'4 of cups - Like I'm having mixed feelings about changes in my life. princess (page) of wands - He sees me as scattering my energy out too much, perhaps. radha, the princess of wands in my deck is a simultaneously innocent and alluring scorpio ruled goddess. Ace of swords - hmm maybe despite being far from thin I still look dainty or skinnier than usual...I am petite /short. or as being sharp and cold in some way.

It is possible to see this in terms of "transformation" as allowing yourself to be defined by, or redefined by, the opinion of someone else...allowing someone else's opinion to be the basis upon which your sense of self esteem is determined: the so-called sense of "loss of self." There is a transformative element in that as well as a loss of soul that would be equated with a "little death." Since, as you say, mere curiosity is the impetus behind your inquiry rather than caring whether he likes it or not, it feels to me as though you may be more susceptible than you realize to this person's opinion of you at a subliminal level. I would be more interested in the original cards that accompanied the Death card than any other cards you draw to "clarify" after the fact.

Laurelle

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Q 1 'what does the death card mean in regards to my personal appearance(seeing as how I got in a generalised question as well)?' 2 of stones- This supports the 'over worked and stressed' theory. prince of cups - I look emotionally overwrought or depressed. lastly and surprisingly - Strength I look as if I'm managing my work and duties impressively? Alternatively, I look like I am either dominating or dominated? Q 2 'what does the death card mean in regards to how I look to X?.'4 of cups - Like I'm having mixed feelings about changes in my life. princess (page) of wands - He sees me as scattering my energy out too much, perhaps. radha, the princess of wands in my deck is a simultaneously innocent and alluring scorpio ruled goddess. Ace of swords - hmm maybe despite being far from thin I still look dainty or skinnier than usual...I am petite /short. or as being sharp and cold in some way.

I didn't realize what deck you were using. All cards (imho) take the energies of the original meanings, but when we have a deck that isn't rws,I think the pictures are really, really important. What deck are you using?

I have a steampunk deck and the Angel of Death is this beautiful raven haired beauty with snow white skin. She's really lovely. Nothing like the RWS deck where the guy is clearly a skeletor impersonator. (if you remember He-Man).

I wrote about Death as the Personality on my website early this year:

Death as a Person:

Death to describe someone's personality could indicate someone who has many different and eclectic friends. They are a little odd and always interesting. They have a spiritual side that they may hide from others. They have a love of knowledge and believe that they can keep knowledge in the soul through the DNA. Someone with the tarot Death card as a signifier is very good at keeping secrets. They love excitement and are different. They may pride themselves in being different and very intense. They can end up being loners.

velvet moon

I didn't realize what deck you were using. All cards (imho) take the energies of the original meanings, but when we have a deck that isn't rws,I think the pictures are really, really important. What deck are you using?

I have a steampunk deck and the Angel of Death is this beautiful raven haired beauty with snow white skin. She's really lovely. Nothing like the RWS deck where the guy is clearly a skeletor impersonator. (if you remember He-Man).

I wrote about Death as the Personality on my website early this year:

Death as a Person:

Death to describe someone's personality could indicate someone who has many different and eclectic friends. They are a little odd and always interesting. They have a spiritual side that they may hide from others. They have a love of knowledge and believe that they can keep knowledge in the soul through the DNA. Someone with the tarot Death card as a signifier is very good at keeping secrets. They love excitement and are different. They may pride themselves in being different and very intense. They can end up being loners.

I use the Haind tarot. Death is represented by a stark, eerie almost more pisces image in that it represents both birth and death (as a repeated cycle) and a peacock that looks kinda like a pheonix close up, representing wisdom and the divine potential of humanity. it doesn't come across as dark, perhaps as a little frightening to some in a 'I don't understand it' way - def very eccentric and secretive looking. I find your answers here to be the right answer for me, although the others have been helpful as well. What you say here about eclectic friends etc fits perfectly into the scenario that prompted me to ask the question. I'm also considered a witch by a lot of friends and have often beencalled anenigma. So he could have been reacting to my suddenly changed role and behaviour as 'i thought I knew her* and seeing me as unpredictable and having more potential than he saw before.

Ruby Jewel

I use the Haind tarot. Death is represented by a stark, eerie almost more pisces image in that it represents both birth and death (as a repeated cycle) and a peacock that looks kinda like a pheonix close up, representing wisdom and the divine potential of humanity. it doesn't come across as dark, perhaps as a little frightening to some in a 'I don't understand it' way - def very eccentric and secretive looking. I find your answers here to be the right answer for me, although the others have been helpful as well. What you say here about eclectic friends etc fits perfectly into the scenario that prompted me to ask the question. I'm also considered a witch by a lot of friends and have often beencalled anenigma. So he could have been reacting to my suddenly changed role and behaviour as 'i thought I knew her* and seeing me as unpredictable and having more potential than he saw before.

Rather than over-analyze this card, why not take it at face value. After all, it has presented itself to you twice. Look at the energy aspect and ask yourself, what is it saying about the energy concerning this issue? It seems obvious to me. Why read more into it than there is? Life goes on. There are lots of fish in the sea. Like I have already said, just walk away and don't look back.

Saskia

IMO when reading about the physical plane (how something looks, where something is located etc) the cards are quite literal: you look like an "exotic bird" (of Haind card) to him, with a lot of dark, dramatic colours and maybe some dramatic decorations - jewellery, accessories- going on.

I don't see why you would need to fit anything more symbolic or far fetched into it, like overworked, tired etc. Forget the name of the card and look at the picture: the colours, forms and figures. That is how you appear.

velvet moon

IMO when reading about the physical plane (how something looks, where something is located etc) the cards are quite literal: you look like an "exotic bird" (of Haind card) to him, with a lot of dark, dramatic colours and maybe some dramatic decorations - jewellery, accessories- going on.

I don't see why you would need to fit anything more symbolic or far fetched into it, like overworked, tired etc. Forget the name of the card and look at the picture: the colours, forms and figures. That is how you appear.

This is quite funny because I have heard him refer to woman as birds before (I know..I know..) and I would fit into the 'exotic' range for most guys (again..I know..I know)

this is why I like doing light hearted readings that seem trivial 'cause you learn so much about the cards and how to read them in different scenarios.