Baroque Bohemian Cats Tarot

baba-prague

I agree. I imagine Amazon will only do this for quite a short time. Problem is, while they do it, it tends to almost corner the market. I know that other retailers don't like it either - but it's Amazon. It does put a small publisher (and we certainly are very small!) into an awkward position.

Maybe I need to be clearer that if we do undercut Amazon prices it will ONLY be for the current pre-orders, we certainly can't do it after that - and I agree, it can annoy people who have been good to deal with in the past. However, I also don't want to upset people who have been good enough to pre-order who might now think "Oh, it might have been cheaper on Amazon" - I think we have to keep faith with those people, whose loyalty we appreciate.

Amazon are certainly odd in some ways - it's supposed to be a really good sign when they cut the price of a book or deck - apparently it means they think it will sell well. But, well, we only do quite small print-runs in any case. Oh well, all part of this business I guess!

BlueLotus

Sorry if I missed anything, since I didn't read all the posts, but I wonder if this deck will be available as planned, i.e in July....!

baba-prague

Yes it will be - well, assuming nothing unforeseeable happens.

Most of the cards have now been printed, front and back - we have one sheet left to complete, but that should be done by Monday (each batch is made up in a sheet of 20). One issue is whether or not we will have an "extra" card this time - or if that will slow things down (doing a whole card from scratch takes up 3-4 days).

The LWB is printed, the deck box will print today we think, the book cover is printed (yay!) So in theory, we should start to have completed decks end of next week - although the sets may take longer as the boxes are made up partly by hand.

It's all been about a month longer than we hoped - but then again, we went back and redid some cards (the Tower and the Chariot were changed recently, plus cards like the High Priestess, the Two of Cups and several others were changed over the last few weeks - once you get to the end of the cards, you often look back and feel you need to alter some of the early ones - funny how that happens).

Oh - to have it all here and real - we are so looking forward to this now.

BlueLotus

baba-prague said:
Yes it will be - well, assuming nothing unforeseeable happens.
......Oh - to have it all here and real - we are so looking forward to this now.

I am looking forward to add this lovely deck to my collection. Are you going to e-mail us who pre-ordered it, so that we may complete our orders?

Best wishes for what is left of this work.

baba-prague

I will indeed email. I should have done it by now - apologies, but I am still trying to get WorldPay to switch into US dollars (honestly, I can't imagine why it takes so long - I've been sending forms and emails for ages now - I think they are maybe a little TOO security conscious at times!)

We won't take any payment anyway until everything is in our hands. Pre-orders get first priority of course - we plan to get some help with the packing so the deck will be on its way to people quickly once we have it.

The deck box is really nice by the way - it's a tuck-box (to keep the price down) but we are very pleased with the way it's come out.

Aerin

I am really looking forward to this deck. I hope it is a great success for you Karen, it looks great on the site and I'm really glad I pre-ordered.

Aerin x

Ivy Rhiannon

AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!!! Wow baba-prague! You did this? I love the artwork, original, creative, border's great, and the cats are adorable! :p My hats off to you. Any cat lover will have to have this deck in thier collection!

baba-prague

thank-you!

This is really great to hear. We think (well, we hope) that we will finally have complete sets this week. We are in the hands of the book-binder, all is done but it's a matter of how quickly they can put everything together. We may get a few and just begin shipping out while they are doing the rest, but keep your fingers and paws crossed!

The "news" (it's a week or so old) is here:

http://www.bohemian-cats.com/letter.html

We have a mailing list but I rarely send anything out, but right now did seem like a good time.

I cannot tell you how much I want to finally have a full deck in my hands :)

Kissa

we are supposed to go on holiday (and leave Finland for three weeks) in a fortnight. i guess it is just about the time when my order would reach me.

cannot stand it. have to postpone the damn holiday.

or have the order shipped to our holiday address??

;)

Kissa

baba-prague

Well, it all depends on when we actually get sets in our hands. We thought Wednesday, but the printer sort of laughed (nicely!) when we said that. We can mail to your holiday address of course - or just hold off mailing (I know, I know). Don't worry, we'll work it out somehow!