First real question

Sunnya

Hi everyone! I am new to the forum even though I am been lurking around and reading the forum for about an year. I finally decided to register and join this wonderful community.

I have always been fascinated with Tarot and especially Lenormand. I am a proud owner of Rana George's book :).

Having been practiced everyday with daily readings for myself, today I took the courage and made a more in depth question and reading for myself. I used the 5 spread method and the beautiful Gilded Reverie :).

Here is the question and my interpretation:

Question: How close am I to meet my soulmate?

Cards: Man + Snake + Clouds + Garden + Mountain

My interpretation: Central card is clouds meaning he is not having a good time. Pretty confused, troubled, doubts, depression, showing me the central theme of the reading and the answer is "not very soon, he is dealing with issues".
Issues that it seems being related with a woman (snake), perhaps a popular, attractive and social woman (snake mirroring garden) which is causing him problems. Perhaps an ex. Perhaps a woman he wants to break up with but his having pressure from people to not do it (garden).
Man is mirrored by the mountain, so yea, he has a big barrier to overcome until the right time comes to meet me.
The big mountain and barrier is the problems he is having in his life related to this woman and people supporting her going against what he feels and creating the depression and confusion (clouds).

What do you guys think? Is this good starter interpretation for a first real question? Or am I missing something? Do you think I should try a Grand Tableau to get more info?

Any insights is appreciated. I am seeking to improve, learn and eventually read and help other people one day.

Ah and I am not bothered with the not so positive answer from the reading, I am dealing with my own share of issues, so I am happy to know both of us are working in our lives to prepare us to meet each other eventually one day. :)

Love
Sunnya

Sharla

Hi Sunnya, welcome to AT :)

Personally i wouldn't bother with a GT, until your more experienced with reading lines of cards and then go onto 3x3's.....as GT's are waaay in depth and will become too confusing.

Going on your reading, as for how close you are to meeting your soulmate.

Well as man's the first card, could this not be someone in your past that is still causing you problems with (snake), which is causing problems for you and delays (clouds), then as man mirrors with mountain he is causing you obstacles in meeting someone else.
Then snake mirroring garden could be a female rival amongst your circle of friends, or could be difficulties in you socializing and you maybe hide yourself away.

Teheuti

Here is the question and my interpretation:

Question: How close am I to meet my soulmate?

Cards: Man + Snake + Clouds + Garden + Mountain
You've asked a variation on a Yes/No question (Very Close - Close - Not Close), so I'll use my method of answering (even though you didn't intend this technique) - just to see what we get:

Man/Neutral + Snake/Negative + Clouds/Negative + Garden/Neutral + Mountain/Negative.

3 Negatives and 2 Neutrals.
You answer is definitely Not Close!

Consider the following: How are the cards supposed to answer if there is no such thing as a soulmate? And what is a soulmate anyway? I can't tell you how many soulmates have come and gone among those I've read for. Some people get a new soulmate every couple of weeks. I suggest you be more specific about what you are looking for.

Snake could refer to another woman or it could modify Man, making him hypocritical, a fraudulent betrayer or indicate loss. Clouds emphasizes trouble, difficulties and misfortune. Garden is social (but, via mirroring, there's a snake in the Garden!) and Mountain shows opposition, bitter enemies and delay.

I read it as "The social construct of 'soulmate' will only betray you when applied to an actual Man because you won't be able to see him clearly, creating an uphill struggle and blocks to what you could have." {edited slightly}

Sunnya

Hi Sharla. Hi Teheuti. :)

Thank you both for your replies.

@Sharla: That's a good point. I didn't see it from that perspective. I did left a relationship a month ago and I am still processing the whole thing. Well the relationship itself have ended years ago, but we just separated now... it's a complicated story. But yes, I am hiding a bit, flew back to my home country and I am trying to adjust to everything and trying to settle down. So I can definitely see what you are saying.

@Teheuti: You are right, it was a yes/no question of sorts. It's something I REALLY need to improve: how I phrase the questions.
Well how to put this in words... I meant a romantic soulmate, I meant a partner for life, a man who is my counterpart, yin and yang. However, for me soulmate meaning goes beyond romantic relationships and I recognize them even in my cats. But this is all beside the point, I suppose.
Thanks for your insight, I really appreciate it. :)

I still got a lot to learn!