Faerie q's before purchasing..

PoppyPetals

Hi there,

I came across this informative board and beautiful oracle set a few weeks ago and ever since then I've been trying to find out whatever available information there is about these cards.

I went and read through the posts in this section and it just raised more questions, so I thought that some of them could be answered here because you all seem so kind.

I know I'm already around the Faeries, so I have no problems in believing in them.. it's just that from what I've been reading here, they can be quite mischievous.

(I have nothing against the faeiries.. I'm just curious)

A few people have said that they actually bite, spit and have an attitude. They don't like crying and will ignore you?

Is this all true?

Another question..
Some of you have said that your cats claw at the cards as if they're actually seeing something there. Another person said that their cat was backed into a corner as if completely scared by them. Someone said she was a little frightened because one of the faeries was stalking her through dreams, and always showing up in readings etc..

Someone said that they can't stop the constant chattering in their head, and some said that they have insomnia.

Shouldn't these all be signs that this probably isn't a good thing to play with?

Would you compare the same feeling/experiences/pull of these cards with something like the ouija board?

Do you ever get the feeling that you're always being watched (no privacy)?

About feeding them:
When you leave food out for them.. do they actually take it?

Do you physically hear them talking?

What, if any, are the negative aspects about having these cards?

What are the positive?

Does one aspect outweigh the other... if so, is it worth it?

Thanks in advance for your help. :)

September Pixie

wow, thats a lot of questions :) Ok, lets see if I can answer some of them for you.. :)

Faeries are different for everyone, if your faeries never complain, play tricks, or pout then its very doubtful they will once you pick up the oracle.. Mine never seem to complain, they do at times whine that I dont talk to them enough but that is very, very seldom.. they understand that I value them and seek them for very SPECIAL things :) I have never had a faerie bite, kick, or scratch me... at the most mine throw my cards out of my hands or hide things in my room.. :) But that does't mean that they can't and won't bite..

Anyone having a bad reaction to the faeries, I would suggest putting the deck away, cleansing it, and re-meeting the faeries! Cats are very sensitive (like most animals) to spiritual beings.. which is on the same plane that Faeries exist.. don't be spooked if your cat is a little curious about your Fae friends :) however, if one is provoking your pets, you should let the Fae know that it is a definate NO-NO! Usually it will be Pixies or smaller Fae children that pick on things as a joke and most mean NO harm :)

I do not think of Fae and Spirit as the same, some people do, but to me they are quite different.. Ouija is something a like tarot and oracles in that you can seek it for guidence, but Ouija is for channeling and we are not "channeling" spirit, we are simply speaking with our Fae friends :) Similur but different. I sometimes feel that I am being "watched" but it is NOT the kind of creepy and intruding sence that I think you are speaking of.. its a very warm and comforting feeling.. infact, I have NEVER had a Faerie intrude on me on ANY private moments... I knock before entering their realms and they mine as well :) If I do not have time, I simply ask them to return later and thank them for coming :) They are pranksters not peeping tom's ;) If you find yourself being crowded (sometimes they ALL come at once to me, but usually its one or two..) by unwanted, mean, Fae, then you simply ring a few bells..

When you leave and offering, food, etc for them.. Yes they take ONLY what they need.. which may be 1 bite, the whole thing, or nothing at all.. I have never heard them take it, but its best for you to leave the offering, if its food, outside.. if an animal or insect needs what you have given, the Fae will guide them to it :)

I would say I have NEVER found any negative side to these cards.. unless you count their "I want this" or "I want that" requests which I usually give in to! lol but that is just MY Fae and what I do for them.. I will reward them for what they have done for me when I can, and they never seem to be upset :) The upside, is you will have made many a'new friends and Fae are faithful, they don't gossip (usually lol) and always follow through with their promises, but expect the same in return from you..

If you keep your promises to them, treat them with kindness and respect, and never abuse what they teach you.. you shouldn't have any problems :)

Laura Borealis

A few people have said that they actually bite, spit and have an attitude. They don't like crying and will ignore you?

I have never had this kind of problem. The crying/ignoring thing surprises me, because I have found mine to be very comforting.

Some of you have said that your cats claw at the cards as if they're actually seeing something there. Another person said that their cat was backed into a corner as if completely scared by them. Someone said she was a little frightened because one of the faeries was stalking her through dreams, and always showing up in readings etc..

Again, not an issue for me. The most my cats have done is sniff at the cards. When I've had faerie dreams, they've been positive.

Someone said that they can't stop the constant chattering in their head, and some said that they have insomnia.

:) I have insomnia, but I can't blame it on faeries. I've had it all my life. I suspect if someone hears chattering in their head, they are probably very sensitive. Maybe I've just tuned it out, but I wouldn't worry about it if I were you...

Shouldn't these all be signs that this probably isn't a good thing to play with?

I really don't think they are malevolent. I think some of them are mischievous, and some may try to get under your skin, but it's in the manner of a challenge rather than being mean-spirited.

Would you compare the same feeling/experiences/pull of these cards with something like the ouija board?

Not at all. They are nature spirits, not the restless dead.

No. Sorry, but that sounds a little paranoid to me!

About feeding them:

Something does, but it could well be cats, raccoons or possoms. :)

No.

The following is my own opinion... I feel like we have a sort of unspoken agreement in this study group, that when we talk about the faeries, we talk about them as if they are entities that we can interact with face-to-face.

When I have said that I heard them laugh, or that they asked for a bag made from a scrap of brown velvet, it has been more that I imagine that they did or said these things. It's like a childhood pretend game in a way. For me, at least. I do honestly believe nature spirits exist, and I use the name faery for them, but I don't hear Himself or the Faery Godmother actually speaking to me, or think they live in a deck of cards.

I feel like (and I may be wrong in this) that in this study group we are playing a mass game of pretend. We enter into this consensual group reality in which the faeries talk to us, steal our keys, tease our cats, give us advice, sing to us when we're sad. And in doing so, in a way we bring them to life. Like children clapping their hands for Tinkerbell in the stage productions of Peter Pan. We don't acknowledge that this is what we are doing, because that would spoil the fun of it.

Of course, that's only my opinion. ;)

What, if any, are the negative aspects about having these cards? What are the positive? Does one aspect outweigh the other... if so, is it worth it?

I don't see any negative aspects, so yeah, I think it's worth it! :D Come and play. It's fun.

Thanks in advance for your help. :)

You are most welcome. :)

Alissa

PoppyPetals said:
I have never experienced this. I have, however, had items go missing and then found in impossible areas (and this was long before I had a child!) However, I find the Faeries I encounter only borrow what they need, and the Universal rule is if you need it back, you call for it, and it will be returned. It has worked for me *every time* for years. I swear!
I am clairaudient and familiar with psychic hearing, so if I feel I hear Them, for one thing, I am used to receiving information this way. So I do not find it uncomfortable.

I have never had Faery energy present itself as a nuisance, or give me insomnia. I've had nights of insomnia on my own, and found Faery energy there to be with me while I experience it, but the energy is comforting, and never hostile, in nature, if it even occurs at all.

Are they good to play with? In my opinion, yes! They have lead me to gentle wisdom and healing self humor through the playful attitudes that are depicted in many cards of hope and healing in this deck.

I have used ouija boards in the past, and feel these are nothing like them. I second Sep Pixie's statement that to use an oracle deck, and open yourself to its energy forms and images, is not the same as channeling a spirit to converse with.
No. I sometimes walk in the craft room of my house and feel their energy there, but I do not see them, and I do not live with the sense of being watched by them either.
About feeding them:
I don't leave offerings out for my deck, or for the Faery energy I sense around me, although I have no problem with those who do. All gifts are utilized by the Universe. To believe that Faery energy can assist in the process isn't hard for someone like me.
In an external sense, no. When I receive clairaudient information, it is a blend of the sense of hearing we have when we dream, and the "interior monologue" we all speak to ourselves every day, whether thinking, praying, meditating, what have you.

What, if any, are the negative aspects about having these cards?
I have found none.
What are the positive?
The smiles :) that this deck gives me as it teaches me the things I'm ready to learn about myself, and about others, should I ask.

Does one aspect outweigh the other... if so, is it worth it?
The positive experiences I have had are the only I have to share. I have had no negative experiences with this deck, and encourage anyone who finds the art work compelling to consider buying them for themselves.

Hope these ideas help! :D

Chronata

Here's my take on things...this is just my opinion...your mileage may vary!

The FO are a lot of really neat and really beautiful cards.
If you treat them like an oracle that gives you information, and a reason to think... then this is good.

Because that's all they are. cards made of paper and ink.

But if you open your imagination, tell yourself stories, meditate, practice creative visualization, or do guided dreamworking, you will find that the faeiries are there, just in the corners of what is reality and what is pretend...and this is good too.

Do they communicate with me physically...well only twice, and that was a long time before I got these cards.

Do I blame lots of general mishaps and bad luck on the faeries?

yep...
because personifying the incident seem to give me a feeling of control or understanding or acceptance over my world. (and yes...that also goes for my insomnia...and my very overactive and restless thought processes!)

I also credit the Faeries with general good things that happen, that seem to come without a cause or reason behind them.

The faeries Oracle is all about creating your own system of communication with whatever you consider your higher source...be that God, the nature spirits, your higher self, your own subconscious mind, or whatever you want to call it.
I don't equate it with opening any scary doors, but then I don't believe that one approaches the cards with the same feelings as one approaches a Ouijia board...it is the nature of communicating and understanding yourself...not commuinicating with outside spirits, or anything dangerous or uncomfortable.

The most important thing ...for me anyway...is to always remember that whatever this is, that I trust and have faith in...is really just a part of myself.
The faeries have existed in myth and story and archetype...for ages, but they exist in the same way my own creations do.

Does this answer any of your queries? I don't really know.

But I would say, buy or borrow the FO and see and judge for yourself.

If you don't see or hear faeries speaking to you in a physical way...that is because it happens in the realms of the imagination...which is the closest place to the Otherworld that I know of, besides when we dream.

Laura Borealis

Chronata, you have said pretty much what I meant, but ever so much more eloquently than I did. :) I was nodding and saying "yes, yes!" to myself while I was reading this. Thank you for saying it so clearly.

Aura Wolf

I'll just say one thing: the faeries are a very lively bunch, and mischievous little creatures. But they are also very understanding of human nature and like to help out. If there were ever a moment when the faeries were bothering you, if asked nicely to stop, they surely would stop. Although I think they also pay attention to your personality. I'm a somewhat quiet and gentle person, and my faeries act the same way around me. I think they know how to act around specific people and wouldn't get into someone's head unless you wanted them to. I mean, they're your own thoughts ;) As for scaring the kitty, well, that probably has a lot to do with the cat's own personality and I'm sure they were just playing :) It's all play to them. I don't believe they'd ever harm anyone, physically, mentally, or emotionally.

Chronata

laura_borealis said:
Chronata, you have said pretty much what I meant, but ever so much more eloquently than I did. :) I was nodding and saying "yes, yes!" to myself while I was reading this. Thank you for saying it so clearly.

Thanks Laura...
But really...I think the credit goes to Sylvanus and Spirit Dancer...they sort of dictated it...I just type better than they do. :D

dobro

Good thread.

My cat's completely alright with the cards.

My experience of the fae is very similar to Chronata's description of them as (paraphrasing here) 'just cards with meanings attached, unless you want to delve deeper'. Most of the time I treat them as 'just cards with meanings attached'. Upon occasion I communicate with the being that the card expresses. In both cases, I've found them to be helpful, and agents of learning. That's my experience of them.

Ruby7

dobro said:
Good thread.

My cat's completely alright with the cards.

My experience of the fae is very similar to Chronata's description of them as (paraphrasing here) 'just cards with meanings attached, unless you want to delve deeper'. Most of the time I treat them as 'just cards with meanings attached'. Upon occasion I communicate with the being that the card expresses. In both cases, I've found them to be helpful, and agents of learning. That's my experience of them.

My experience with the faeries has been pretty much the same as this. They stay in their box and have never intruded in my life in any way. Nothing in my life changed after getting the faery cards other than having a lovely set of cards to consult when I choose to. I have to admit I was a little disappointed after reading other Aeclecticians describing faeries in their lives.

Ruby7