Llewellyn's Complete Book of Tarot: A Comprehensive Guide - Anthony Louis

Ix Chel

Hello,

I am wondering if some of you have already bought the following book:
Llewellyn's Complete Book of Tarot: A Comprehensive Guide from Anthony Louis.

I cannot find a review of it on the Internet. Would you recommend it?
Thanks in advance.

Alpha-Omega

Hello,

I am wondering if some of you have already bought the following book:
Llewellyn's Complete Book of Tarot: A Comprehensive Guide from Anthony Louis.

I cannot find a review of it on the Internet. Would you recommend it?
Thanks in advance.

If you have Tarot Beyond the Basics, you may not need Llewellyn's Complete Book of Tarot. Beyond the Basics is intermediate, while Llewellyn's Complete Book of Tarot, is more for beginners.

Late Starter

I agree with A-O, the book is aimed at beginners. One thing Anthony Louis does is present the attributions / correspondences (astrological, numeralogical, archetypal, etc.) for each card. In addition to that he lists meanings from Etilla, Mathers, Waite, and GD/Crowley, and he adds extensive positive and negative keywords for each card plus his own ideas of the meanings.

Although I haven't found much that was really new to me I am glad I have a copy as a reference.

Ix Chel

If you have Tarot Beyond the Basics, you may not need Llewellyn's Complete Book of Tarot. Beyond the Basics is intermediate, while Llewellyn's Complete Book of Tarot, is more for beginners.

Thanks for your answer I have the book Beyond the Basics. I thought that in his new book he would write more about Tarot on an advanced level.

Ix Chel

I was wondering what is mentioned in the Card Counting section in this book.
Has this to do with the Opening to the Key from the Golden Dawn, card counting technique?
Thanks in advance.