Study group World spirit tarot

Maan

Oke the study groups now exists, but i have no idea how to do this so feel free to come with suggestions. Ore to take over

O and for anyone that hasn't read the post on the world spirit tarot and feels like this post came out of the blue ,you can join the group! And read some more about it on the Tarot deck section

truthsayer

maan, i have some ideas that i pmed you about. this deck is interesting for some exercises i've seen in mary greer books and christine jette books. i'll start building exercises in case anyone is interested in the study group. i know world spirit has many fans here. i think it would be more interesting to work the cards by exercises instead of card by card but i am open to anything. let's have fun and be creative! let's explore our light and our shadow, what heals us and what hurts us, what scares us and what gives us courage. we can relate these questions to the cards. i think this deck will work well w/ such exploration b/c of the way the art is done.

Liliana

I think doing some card by card would be nice as well as exercises, since theirs so many small details that we may of missed, and so many possible interpretations of the details, that card by card would bepretty interesting

:THP

truthsayer

okay, what do we do next? just start posting some exercises or choosing cards to write about? i'm feeling slightly confused how to start this. we don't have any kind of guide except what we choose to follow.

maybe first we all should choose a favorite card and share our initial impressions while we gather interest from others?

Liliana

Yeah, thats a good idea, start a post World Spirit:favorite card. Then after that we can do least favorite. :)

:THP

truthsayer

i looked thru my deck trying to settle on a favorite card. i haven't looked at the cards for a couple of weeks. it seems like a different deck. my initial discomfort is settling down and i can see the true beauty of this deck. in fact it's really hard to settle down on only one card. right now i have it down to these 5.
9 of pentacles-i love how relaxed the woman looks while she strokes her cat and looks at her garden. i want to be that woman!
sybyl of swords-i'm guessing this is an incan. anyhow, i love the colors and the birds. the man's calm confidence and wisdom is also a nice change from traditional swords court cards.
temperance-i love the colors of the angels wings and the strength of the alchemy symbols. it's probably the most powerful temperance card i've ever seen. i'm generally don't pay that much attention to temp but this one knocks my socks off!
death-usually the death card is unappealing but i love the symbollism and symbol of the phoenix rising above the funeral bier. it doesn't feel threatening b/c it matches the interpretations of rebirth and transformation. the varying reactions of the ppl beneath it are also interesting.
the hanged man-i like the colors amd the fact he really seems to be entering his subconscious. he seems to be content and not suffering. it's like a master performing an act of meditation.

maybe i'll try to narrow this down. maybe i won't. LOL if i'm forced, i'll say temperance b/c of the intensity of the card. but i still want to be as content as the woman and cat in the 9 of pentacles. okay, maybe the cat is the deciding factor here. ;) anyone else?

Maan

O i have the same problem Truth:)

There are so many great cards, i have the decks right next to me and i cant pick less than 9.

The nine of pentacles is one of them. IMO it is the best card showing self love. There is a dutch pun i think of when ever i see that card. I will try to explain:
Alleen = Alone
You can split the word alleen is two being All and Een
Een = Whole
So its leeds up to = Being whole by yourself.....

There are some cards that are so beautiful. like the empress, te sybil of cups and the universe. There so feminine and sensual!

And there are just some brilliant pictures like the emperor on his little balcony so it makes me think of his quality to rule
The person on the three of wands that jumps like he just won something.
Etc

truthsayer

imo, part of what makes the art in this deck jump out is the black border. there is an art technique where first you color in w/ crayon rainbow colors. then you cover it over w/ black. then you scratch out whatever shapes you want into the black. the result is a startling display of colors. the angel's wings look like they were done that way. the artist is just a master w/ a strong understanding in archetypes.

i like your explanation of being whole by yourself. i enjoy spending time alone b/c of this feeling. i'm definitely going to keep Alleen and Een in mind. :) i wish i had a 16 by 20 copy of the 9 of pentacles for my living room wall! it would fit right in w/ my cat theme.

truthsayer

i am taking a light hearted look at the cards i like the least-no offense is meant to any parties. just a scary look into how my sense of humor works. i won't even go there w/ the 10 of pentacles since a whole thread is devoted to it. the sun for the same reason everybody else doesn't it like except one change. i've decided the image can't possibly be of a baby-it's too adult looking. it must be a naked dwarf w/ political aspirations.(i think i used the politically correct names there-no offense to babies or dwarfs or anyone else).

1. 2 of pentacles: every time i look at this woman, i see thelma(the smart one) from scooby-doo doing aerobics on an ocean rock near a lighthouse. i hope she can solve the mystery of how she got there. i haven't a clue! LOL other than that, no problem.

2. the fool: a female about to walk off the roof of a house? you must be kidding me! honestly, the only person likely to climb up to(or go through) the roof of our house is my husband... isn't this card usually reserved for persons of the male gender? ;)sorry! females can be fools but more likely by falling off the limit of a credit card during a shopping spree than a roof.

3. the emporer: reminds me of a certain dictator during one of last century's world wars. it's the upraised arm. other than that, it's refreshing to see the emporer get off the throne and get a breath of fresh air for a change. ;) enough said.

4. hierophant-actually this isn't a bad one. it's just the way one arm and finger are raised in the air that i see john travolta in "saturday night fever" wearing feathers and a leopard pelt instead of a white suit. the dark background and torch to "it must be the night fever..." don't forget the adoring fans prostrate in worship. probably just me. i do have a macabre sense of humor at times.

i really am liking this deck more all the time. i'd never take the time to see humor in a deck i disliked.