Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 260 : July 23 - July 29

Green Faerie

Wow, five years! That's quite the accomplishment. :) I haven't been here nearly that long, but you all are so friendly and have made it so easy to work with my decks. Congratulations on the anniversary!

I have been swamped with visitors (and still am), so I haven't been able to do deck work at all, really. Will keep going with the Victorian Fairy Tarot until I actually get some quality time with it.

BodhiSeed

:party: Happy 5th Anniversary DOTW group! :party:
Thanks for keeping our little group rolling along VGimlet - your efforts are much appreciated! :heart: :)

I'm in this week with the Norse Tarot and the Wolf Pack.

DaughterOfDanu

Just received my shiny new Animal Totem Tarot (thanks to the competition thread ... whoop!) so will be joining you TreeLeafe :)

Postie made the decision for me :D

Yay :D I'm looking forward to hearing your impressions on it. I didn't think I'd really love it all that much but I continue to return to it, especially during stressful times. It's got a raw energy/vibe to it imo that I haven't experienced before with other animal decks.

Scarlet Woodland

Yay :D I'm looking forward to hearing your impressions on it. I didn't think I'd really love it all that much but I continue to return to it, especially during stressful times. It's got a raw energy/vibe to it imo that I haven't experienced before with other animal decks.

:D

I know just what you mean. Had managed to resist buying it as I was 50/50 on the artwork and wary of the new cardstock, plus am already in love with the Animism. There is something magical about it though and you're spot on about the raw energy. It's got a lot of personality and interacts with you in a way entirely its own. LOVE the book too. It feels like a deck that'll really reward you for time put into it, one you can grow and build a relationship with. Plus it smells nice :D

Oh and that Prince of Cups is going to make me laugh every time he appears!

ETA: Actually rather like the new cardstock... it riffles wonderfully without warping like the old stuff.

RiverRunsDeep

:D Plus it smells nice :D

**tip-toeing away to sniff my Animal Totem tarot** :D:D

Finally had time to shuffle through my Tarot of the Hidden Realm for some first impressions. So many faces! I tend to fall in love with the "feeling" of a deck, and this deck feels like walking through a lush summertime forest, listening to birdsong and feeling the dappled sunlight warming my skin. Lovely! Intrigued to find out how it will read.

Nemia

I'd like to participate. Actually I've wanted to do so for quite some time but I'm afraid I'm not a very structured person.

But working through my decks is something I try to do on my own, and I need a little help to do so.

So if I can still jump on this wagon, I'd like to work with the Stretch Tarot. It's new and seems very interesting.

AJ

Hey, hello to Nemia! There aren't any rules here, do what makes you happy when using your deck. Then move on to the next one :)

It helps me to make an annual inventory, as each year I sell a few or give away a few, and occasionally buy a few. then I make a hard copy and cross out the decks as I use them. beyond that fresh hard copy there is no rhyme or reason for me I can use any deck on the list that doesn't have a line through it.

DaughterOfDanu

:D

I know just what you mean. Had managed to resist buying it as I was 50/50 on the artwork and wary of the new cardstock, plus am already in love with the Animism. There is something magical about it though and you're spot on about the raw energy. It's got a lot of personality and interacts with you in a way entirely its own. LOVE the book too. It feels like a deck that'll really reward you for time put into it, one you can grow and build a relationship with. Plus it smells nice :D

Oh and that Prince of Cups is going to make me laugh every time he appears!

ETA: Actually rather like the new cardstock... it riffles wonderfully without warping like the old stuff.
I was so iffy on it but I think I do too. It feels good to shuffle :)

Finally had time to shuffle through my Tarot of the Hidden Realm for some first impressions. So many faces! I tend to fall in love with the "feeling" of a deck, and this deck feels like walking through a lush summertime forest, listening to birdsong and feeling the dappled sunlight warming my skin. Lovely! Intrigued to find out how it will read.

The Tarot of the Hidden Realm has always seemed like a late summer/early fall deck to me. When the leaves are greenest and the days grow a little shorter. I love this deck and hope you enjoy it too!

Also I just heard news Miss Cleo (The old TV Psychic) died :/ she was local and a bit of an infamous legend if I recall with the legal/fraud problems she and her company ran into. Oddly enough I'd always hoped I'd run into her and get her side of things.

Green Faerie

The Tarot of the Hidden Realm is STILL on my list; I've been leaning toward getting the Tarot Mucha, which seems like a lush mid-summertime kind of deck, but here we are getting to late summer/early fall. I will have to think about this! Maybe I will still get the Tarot Mucha, and wait until my fall birthday to get the TotHR. I love the way you describe this deck! What a lovely feeling to get from going through a set of cards. :) Thank you for your input, too, TreeLeafe! It always helps me to hear what other people think of a deck.

VGimlet

I'd like to participate. Actually I've wanted to do so for quite some time but I'm afraid I'm not a very structured person.

But working through my decks is something I try to do on my own, and I need a little help to do so.

So if I can still jump on this wagon, I'd like to work with the Stretch Tarot. It's new and seems very interesting.

Welcome to the DOTW group Nemia, and of course you are never too late to jump on to the DOTW ride. :cool3: