Tree of life/tetractys/tarot/astrological associations

Pythagoras 1/10

http://imgur.com/QC6pBVD

Above is an image of tetractys which I have labelled so I can more easily explain my system. In it the Arabian numerals refer to the ten Sephirot and ace through ten of the suits, while the roman numerals refer to the tarot major cards. So, bellow I will list the correspondences.

1/Keter/Aces
2/Chokhmah/Sun
3/Binah/Moon
4/Chesed/Jupiter
5/Gevurah/Saturn
6/Tiferet/Mercury
7/Netzach/Mars/Fire
8/Hod/Venus/Water
9/Yesod/Air
10/Malkuth/Earth

The bottom four points in the tetractys represent the four ellements. You may also notice that the numbers which are assigned to the planets form a circle of 6 with one in the centre. Later you will also see that there are twelve connections between them, to me it seemed to be perfect for assigning astrological elements to.

i/Magician/Gemini
ii/Priestess/Sagittarius
iii/Empress/Virgo
iv/Emperor
v/Hierophant/Taurus
vi/Lovers/Cancer
vii/Chariot/Aries
viii/Strength/Leo
ix/Hermit
x/Wheel of Fortune
xi/Justice/Libra
xii/Hanged Man
xiii/Death/Scorpio
xiv/Temperance/Capricorn
xv/Devil
xvi/Tower
xvii/Star
xviii/Moon
xix/Sun
xx/Judgment/Aquarius
xxi/World/Pieces

Here you may have noticed that the star, the tower and fortune are missing along with the fool. With the exception of the fool, this is merely because it was inconvenient for me to put them on the diagram. The star should a connection between 1 and 6, the tower, 9 and 6 and Fortune, 10 and 6. The fool is zero essential he is transient and is not assigned a place of his own.

I'm really quite bad at writing, so I hope this has made at least a little bit of sense. I would love to hear what everyone thinks about this. Does it make sense? Is it entirely wrong? Would you change anything? I cant wait to hear!

ravenest

http://postimg.org/image/cbcu014cj/

1/Keter/Aces
2/Chokhmah/Sun
3/Binah/Moon
4/Chesed/Jupiter
5/Gevurah/Saturn
6/Tiferet/Mercury
7/Netzach/Mars/Fire
8/Hod/Venus/Water
9/Yesod/Air
10/Malkuth/Earth

I would def change some of this.

I would attribute the majors to the Sephiroth via their shared planetary , elemental or planetary rulership.

Also I am not keen in re-attributions (if that is what it is) without some explanation as to why the re-arranger thinks their system is better or more suitable to a purpose.

[ also your link had some pretty gross adverts at the bottom of it :bugeyed: ]

Pythagoras 1/10

I would def change some of this.

I would attribute the majors to the Sephiroth via their shared planetary , elemental or planetary rulership.

Also I am not keen in re-attributions (if that is what it is) without some explanation as to why the re-arranger thinks their system is better or more suitable to a purpose.

[ also your link had some pretty gross adverts at the bottom of it :bugeyed: ]

Sorry about the link, I use adblock so did not see that. I have replaced it with imigur instead. I have to admit I am a bit lazy lol, but I switch from the standard tree of life and it's standard attributions because I felt it lacked symmetry. Take for example the emperor and empress both aspects of 4, the emperor unmovable the empress flexible. This is the case on the other side as well where the chariot and hanged man are also aspects of 5, the hanged man intellectual, the chariot emotional. You can also draw symmetry between the emperor and the hanged man, the emperor is commited to what he does while the hanged man is a traitor. Or in the case of the empress and the chariot, the empress is considerate while the chariot rushes in. Again, I am not doing a very good job explaining, if anybody would liike a reason why I put a certain card somewhere please ask! For example, bot the lover and temperance represent creating something new/combing of opposites so it seemed logical to have tiferet (6, ballance, mercury) be the ruling influence, from there it split into Netzach and Hod. Hod (8, venus) being surrender, being combined with balance to me would make sense to represent temperance. Similarly, Netzach (7) being victory and mars it would make sense to have a more heated connection thous the lovers.

Zephyros

I agree. The Tree of Life isn't just a systematic, independent diagram; it very heavily conveys its creator's worldview. In the case of the popular Tree used, it is a kind of a story of creation (the idea passing from the simple to the complex) as well as a diagram of a recommended path of return. It is, however, thoroughly steeped in the traditions that created it. For example, I once laid down, in theoretical terms, a Tree of Life that used the cosmology of Middle Earth. I didn't get very far, but it was still a very satisfying exercise, since that world does not follow our own's mythology.

Point is, Pythagoras 1/10, what does your Tree say? What movements does it have, what makes it "tick," what ideas does it convey?

Pythagoras 1/10

I agree. The Tree of Life isn't just a systematic, independent diagram; it very heavily conveys its creator's worldview. In the case of the popular Tree used, it is a kind of a story of creation (the idea passing from the simple to the complex) as well as a diagram of a recommended path of return. It is, however, thoroughly steeped in the traditions that created it. For example, I once laid down, in theoretical terms, a Tree of Life that used the cosmology of Middle Earth. I didn't get very far, but it was still a very satisfying exercise, since that world does not follow our own's mythology.

Point is, Pythagoras 1/10, what does your Tree say? What movements does it have, what makes it "tick," what ideas does it convey?

Ah I see what you mean, I like the idea of not being created but instead separated from the greater. So, 1 is everything, everything else is contained in 1. From 1, it is divided into 2 parts, it's two aspects 2 and 3 yin and yang. This is the case for every number including beyond the actual diagram. So, it is all about uniting opposites to reach higher. If you take for example the connections at the bottom of the tetractys xv i and ix, xv is the devil, you need aggression and ambition to move forward but you also need cautiousness to not fall into traps (the hermit ix) when put together you get the magician in the middle (i).

Because each successive element is contained in the previous you can draw a trinity from the three corners no matter the size as long as the proportion remains the same, ie the entirety of existence. In a way, in my diagram the star (xvii), the tower (xvi) and the wheel of fortune are the most important. The star is the very energy of existence descending from 1 into 6 so it can be distributed into all the other numbers. The tower is the volatility of this energy while fortune is the stability, both are required to keep it flowing.

In this system, because it caries on developing, the suits are actually bellow the main tetractys. Take for example the 4 of wands, you would start with 7 as the head of a new tetractys and in this new tetractys you would look for 4 this is the position of the 4 of wands. Of course in practice it is simpler to just say each of the numbers has 4 aspects to it.