Moon & Tower

poivre

Does anyone know is there lightness coming off of the moon, the "things" that look like teardrops?
In the Tower also the "things" coming off the fire. Could this be the HEAT of the unknown?
Are these two cards connected in anyway because of these symbols of whatever they are?
Thanks for any replys?

lark

ros said:
Does anyone know is there lightness coming off of the moon, the "things" that look like teardrops?
In the Tower also the "things" coming off the fire. Could this be the HEAT of the unknown?
Are these two cards connected in anyway because of these symbols of whatever they are?
Thanks for any replys?
Yes, they are connected. Those little teardrops are called Yods. Yods represent divine grace and healing and can be translated to mean "open hand." Or some call it the finger of God.
A Yod is a Hebrew letter, the primary Hebrew letter because all other Hebrew letters are a variation on it.
It is the first letter in Gods name.
On the Moon and Tower cards there are twenty-two yods they are said to represent the 22 letters of the Hebrew alphabet, the 22 paths of the Kabbalistic Tree of Life, and the archetypes of the 22 Major Arcana cards.
There is also a yod on the wheel of the Wheel of fortune card. And there are yods on the Ace of Wands, Swords, and Cups. Where they represent a new divine energy, or thought, that comes through us to create.
Waite called the yods on the Moon card "dew of thought." I think that's very beautiful.
There is so much more to it than what I've written if you look up yod you will find out much more info.
I found this info in the book Pictures of the Heart by Sandra Thomson. It's a tarot dictionary.

horoskope88

Well, on the Moon, there are 15 yods, the number of the Devil.
In the confusion and darkness of the Moon, we can confront our inner demons and bring them into the light.

On the Tower, there are 22 yods, the toal number of Major Arcana cards. After our erronous behaviors are cleaned by the Tower, we become more enlightened, with another lesson learned.

lark

horoskope88 said:
Well, on the Moon, there are 15 yods, the number of the Devil.
In the confusion and darkness of the Moon, we can confront our inner demons and bring them into the light.
Your right there are 15! That'll teach me to take a books word for anything. Next time I'm going to count.
Thank you horoskope88. :)

Speaking of books I found this "only 15 drop-lets rain own from the lunar sphere. 22 is the number of the Major Arcana; thus some information is lacking and wisdom is not present. The number 15 may also refer to the 15th card, the Devil. if so the warning is even more clear: do not let the desire nature dominate the situation at hand.

poivre

Very interesting!
Thanks, I knew none of this.