Gaudais TdM

Michellehihi

I just bought a Gaudais TdM and I don't really like it because the major arcana are divided in two in order to be reversible but the result is that we only see half of the image. For example the hanged man, we see only the legs... What is your opinion on that deck?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 186

mrpants

Agreed, the double-ended gaming packs infuriate me, especially when they contain a pattern I've never seen. This one appears to be a Besancon style pattern, featuring Jupiter and Junon. I like the style, otherwise!

Le Fanu

Yes, I think it''s more Besançon - with Juno and Jupiter. So no Hierophant (which I'm fine about) and no Juno (I sort of miss the High Priestess).

I like it. A curious deck that feels old and mystical.

If you like this one, check out the Fournier Genovés Tarot - it also has double ended cards but more Soprafino. Also very nice and the cardstock is gorgeous.

MissChiff

Yes, I think it''s more Besançon - with Juno and Jupiter. So no Hierophant (which I'm fine about) and no Juno (I sort of miss the High Priestess).

I like it. A curious deck that feels old and mystical.

If you like this one, check out the Fournier Genovés Tarot - it also has double ended cards but more Soprafino. Also very nice and the cardstock is gorgeous.

I really like this one....to bad they don't deliver to the US..

Michellehihi

Thank you for your answers, I will try to learn to like it; maybe if I read with it... because now honestly it is not "love at first sight"...

Le Fanu

I really like this one....to bad they don't deliver to the US..
Surely they have it in stock on amazon.com or at the Book Depository? It's not a difficult one to find I don't think...

Philistine

These decks drive me batty. I simply cannot abide a double-ended Hanged Man. It's egregious! WHAT are we supposed to do with that in a reading? I love reading playing cards, but these ask us to read tarot majors without the image: as playing cards! Does one merely recite the rote meaning when a trump comes up, or wing it with literally only half the visual information to go on?

Otherwise I relish the style of these decks for art's sake. I can see using them for card games.

Le Fanu

Oh I like doing three card spreads with the cards laid on top of one another (with only half the image showing) rather than side by side...readings within a confined space.

Funny but the disembodied Hanged Man legs are what I most love about these decks!

Philistine

I suppose you have a point about the hanged man. After all, there must be a reason they still print this style of deck. Intriguing about the three card spread in confined space and makes sense. I do that on random occasion out of sheer practicality, so maybe I should quit my yammering and read "from the knees up".