Pros and Cons Thread #3 - Enabling and De-Enabling

Myrrha

Thanks Alta and Diana for the replies. Standard cardstock is fine with me I just wanted to make sure there aren't any real issues with the physical deck. I am a little disappointed that some of the cards don't have metalic accents, The Moon and some others look that way on FB But that is probably not so easy to do at an affordable price. I wish my apartment matched the sleek elegance of this deck! Will look at YouTube as soon as I can get to a real computer. Thanks!

This is minimal in a different way than the TdM, I'm feeling curious about how it will affect my reading.

FaintlyMacabre

Thanks Alta and Diana for the replies. Standard cardstock is fine with me I just wanted to make sure there aren't any real issues with the physical deck. I am a little disappointed that some of the cards don't have metalic accents, The Moon and some others look that way on FB But that is probably not so easy to do at an affordable price. I wish my apartment matched the sleek elegance of this deck! Will look at YouTube as soon as I can get to a real computer. Thanks!

This is minimal in a different way than the TdM, I'm feeling curious about how it will affect my reading.

It does not match my house either :). If I were a tarot, it is not me.

Diana

FLizarraga

Oh, Fliz, this deck is SO not scary! If anything, the figures are sad and poignant, but mostly I think they are cute and adorable. :) A wonderful deck for young tarot readers, IMHO. (Unless, of course, the young reader has a phobia about large-eyed creatures. :D)

Sad and poignant I concede. Were they looking elsewhere, it'll be different. But how can you read with a deck where all the characters are looking at YOU with that murderous exophthalmic glare?????

Apparently. I seem to be the only one who was traumatized by those old B&W horror movies, where the murderer would spy on his victims through the eyes of a portrait on the wall. That's what I feel when I look at these cutesy anthropomorphic beasts.

Nemia

Orbifold?

I actually don't have money anyway and I'm in the TOADIE program - detox for obsessive-possessive deckavores. But my birthday is getting closer (April Taurus), and I'd love to buy ONE deck. It will probably be the only deck I can afford in 2016.

What I want now is a deck that will teach me something new about the tarot. Not only a system that is coherent in itself but doesn't teach me about tarot itself.

I think maybe the Orbifold can do that because of its purity, its concentration on structure, numbers, elements. It's stripped of astrology and kabbalah, which makes the impact of colour, element and number even stronger.

So what do you say? Is the Orbifold the deck I'm looking for?

faylie

Well, I shall put it to the test, Mr9 likes zombies and all that scary stuff, Miss7 is all fairies an cuteness.

No de-enabling on the Shadowscapes or Mucha? Do I really have to get both?

DaughterOfDanu

Tarot of Trees

Does anyone have Tarot of the Trees? What do you have to say about it?

I've had my copy about a month now. I do love its size and the colors are so much more eye catching in person. It's great for people who don't need human characters in the decks they read with. It took me a bit to open up since I'm more comfortable with decks featuring scenes and people but it's a lovely tool for intuitive readings. The only downside is the corners on mine are peeling and I've had to take a black marker to fill in the peeled areas as the borders are luckily black. I had emailed the artist about it but she never got back to me.

Michellehihi

Well, I shall put it to the test, Mr9 likes zombies and all that scary stuff, Miss7 is all fairies an cuteness.

I can sell you my shadowscapes...I never connected with it even if everyone praises it!!!

Michellehihi

I actually don't have money anyway and I'm in the TOADIE program - detox for obsessive-possessive deckavores. But my birthday is getting closer (April Taurus), and I'd love to buy ONE deck. It will probably be the only deck I can afford in 2016.

What I want now is a deck that will teach me something new about the tarot. Not only a system that is coherent in itself but doesn't teach me about tarot itself.

I think maybe the Orbifold can do that because of its purity, its concentration on structure, numbers, elements. It's stripped of astrology and kabbalah, which makes the impact of colour, element and number even stronger.

So what do you say? Is the Orbifold the deck I'm looking for?
I have the Mini Orbifold and I love it. When I first saw it I thought it would be boring or hard to read with but to the contrary, it is easy, powerful and I got clear answers! It brings you to a meditative state, you enter inside yourself and you develop an intuitive understanding of the numbers. It has to do with numerology but it is not strict as a lesson learned by heart (there is no LWB). And the colours! So vibrant and beautiful!

FLizarraga

I can sell you my shadowscapes...I never connected with it even if everyone praises it!!!

I, too, let go of mine. The cards are too small for the art, and all you see on the table is lavender swirls and arabesques. I got the app instead, and use it for "card of the day" stuff.

I even emailed the artist about it, but of course she ignored my email. They usually do, except for the lovely Anna K, and Karen and Alex at Baba Studio.

Nica

I need to be enabled or de-enabled for Kitty Kahane Tarot and Journey Into Egypt Tarot, please. : )