Creative uses for tarot

SilentBreeze

uraszz, is there a particular book or other resource you would recommend for amplifying an understanding of Tarot through Qabalah? I've picked up a little but would really like to go more into it.

At the moment, I am also studying tarot from the Qabalah perspective. I use Gareth Night's book but it's not really a beginner book in my opinion.

I've always wanted to make my own deck but I am also artistically challenged, Perhaps using found photos.

Here's the astro-tarot mandala I created based on my birth chart.

http://www.tarotforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=82343&d=1463049945

The Thoth cards on the inside are the house cusps, the small cards are the planets. The ring shows the 36 decans, while the 12 court cards associated with the decans are next, and the four Princesses and Aces are outermost.

That looks great.

uraszz

At the moment, I am also studying tarot from the Qabalah perspective. I use Gareth Night's book but it's not really a beginner book in my opinion.

I've always wanted to make my own deck but I am also artistically challenged, Perhaps using found photos.

That looks great.

You should actually get the Book of Thoth. It's Qabalah through Tarot through and through. Any resource you can find about the Thoth Tarot is going to be immensely helpful on this topic. Living in Turkey I don'T really have the oppurtunity of buying books off Amazon all the time (you should see the translation of USD to Turkish Liras, it's just crazy) so the internet is my only resource

-uraszz

Tanga

I have a Tarot Altar on the wall - change the cards for every Wiccan festival, and then I always have some imagery to stare at in my room (see attachment) - even if too exhausted to dig out a deck.

I also do a 2 card (or more depending) draw for when I'm feeling down:
1) how do I feel now 2) how would I like to feel - and then play with introspection to cheer myself up.

Before sleep if I'm fidgety I may leaf through a favourite deck until I'm ready to lay down.

I'll sometimes do an Earth, Air, Fire and Water spread (4 cards) for elements of my day - what do they have to say to me or how should I aim to incorporate them?...

I use tarot in my magick ritual - to tell the "storey" of a spell,
to invoke quarters or particular entities, as a talisman for the day or a suggestions of how I should dress up that day :joke:

Here's the astro-tarot mandala I created based on my birth chart.

http://www.tarotforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=82343&d=1463049945

The Thoth cards on the inside are the house cusps, the small cards are the planets. The ring shows the 36 decans, while the 12 court cards associated with the decans are next, and the four Princesses and Aces are outermost.

It's beautiful Barleywine. :)

Attachments

• TarotAltar0.JPG
    TarotAltar0.JPG
    144.4 KB · Views: 100

Nemia

I made tarot magnets from the tiny universal RWS which I have on the door next to my bed always. I change the way I arrange them from time to time.

I also made a magnet Tree of Life from glass drops that's on the same door. I love to look at that door :)

I make tarot amulets and tarot bags, I love surrounding each deck with the "perfect surroundings".

And I very often don't pull cards but pick them. Either because some topic interests me (all cards associated with Saturn, or Gemini, or Fire in female form, or Binah, or all cards with birds or shells...), or because I need the support of that card. Oh how I'd need the Chariot now to get going with my work!

I also use my Deck of 1000 Spreads to explore the cards. I take three spread cards and move one card along. How does the 9/Wands read as problem? as time frame? as Other Person? and then reversed?

And when I have the time, I still like to make deck comparisons. Star or Death or the Hierophant - how does each artist depict them? There are so many nuances to these archetypes.

My daughter invented a little game for my Lenormand cards some years ago which we used to play a lot when she was younger. We take turns in laying down a card on the table. If an animal card appears, the person who put it down can take all the cards on the table and add them to her stack.

This game is really never-ending because the cards change hands all the time. She used to love it and is very proud that she invented a game!

SilentBreeze

One of the greatest feats of a tarotist is a creation of a deck. It doesn't have to be published, but just doing it will make you go deeper into the cards.

Or write novellas by pulling a few cards.

I seriously thought about this at one point, but my art skills are lacking -- maybe someday I will do it. I also still feel like I have a lot to learn before I'm at the level of coming up with my own deck. The more I learn the more I feel like there is so much to learn!

Tanga

I seriously thought about this at one point, but my art skills are lacking -- maybe someday I will do it.

It can be photographic. :)
I'm in process of planning a photographic one.

Gwynydd

I'm using the tarot in my writing, putting together a list of songs that correspond to each card, and I'm planning my tarot journal. This journal won't be like other ones I've scribbled my thoughts into, it'll be a more organised one.

Michellehihi

There is a deck that I bought twice haha! So I will take one and make a garland with it, kind of like a tibetan one.

Morwenna

I second the use for writing. They're great for analyzing a character, thus forwarding the story.

And I've been known to build scenarios around the people on the cards, even naming them and setting their relationships.

I also use them for meditation, and I've occasionally used them as quarter markers in rituals.