Reading for yourself q's

Tash

Hi all.
Im just wondering peoples views on the accuracy of reading for yourself v's others reading for you.

Ive been practicing reading, on myself. And i think im going well.
Majority of the time, from differeent spreads ect, i get answers all pointing in the same direction.

However, if another person reads for me, they get a total different direction.

So, am i reading wrong? Am i reading what I want to see? Is it that i have a different connection to my cards ( like they know me and others dont)?

Im not sure...
What do you all think?

IndigoWaves

So, am i reading wrong? Am i reading what I want to see? Is it that i have a different connection to my cards ( like they know me and others dont)?

Im not sure...
What do you all think?
You should be able to answer those questions by noting which predictions have actually occurred/proven true most often: those from your own readings, or those offered by others.

AraLuck

Hey there,

my personal experience is to have seen things turn out the way I read them, as opposed to how someone else read for me... but it's not always the case.

I tend to see readings as different pieces of a larger puzzle... I have learned over time that each reading helps with an element. So sometimes I will see only an aspect of the same question, but someone else's reading may offer another aspect, which may or may not be relevant. That will depend on the interpretation. Some people are really good at picking up the vibes and interpret within your context... that's because not all energies gel... and not everyone will do an accurate reading either for themselves or others.

So really trust your gut. You usually will know whether it's accurate or not. Or else, you will with time.

Good luck!

Tash

Hey there,

my personal experience is to have seen things turn out the way I read them, as opposed to how someone else read for me... but it's not always the case.

I tend to see readings as different pieces of a larger puzzle... I have learned over time that each reading helps with an element. So sometimes I will see only an aspect of the same question, but someone else's reading may offer another aspect, which may or may not be relevant. That will depend on the interpretation. Some people are really good at picking up the vibes and interpret within your context... that's because not all energies gel... and not everyone will do an accurate reading either for themselves or others.

So really trust your gut. You usually will know whether it's accurate or not. Or else, you will with time.

Good luck!

Thanks for that Ara... i get your point.
I was just thrown a little i guess that 2 readings could be so far from each other

Barleywine

I seldom read for myself any more, but when I did it was more for self-understanding and situational awareness than for divinational purposes. Not "What's going to happen?" but "What forces are at work here that I can make the best use of?"

BodhiSeed

Why don't you try backward readings? Lay out the card in the morning, then later in the evening write down how they reflected your day. :)

rabidwolfie

For me personally, I can almost never read for myself. Either I read TOO MUCH into what the cards are saying, or I can't get ENOUGH information. Either way it's useless.

Now there are times when I can read minor things for myself, like when I need to make a minor decision (Where should I go to lunch today?) or need a little creative inspiration I'll draw cards until it sparks something.

But if I try to ask important questions, I may as well be talking into an empty turtle shell for all the usefulness I get out it.

nisaba

Hi all.
Im just wondering peoples views on the accuracy of reading for yourself v's others reading for you.

When someone else reads for you, especially a stranger, they don't have your backstory in mind, so all they have to go on is intuition. When you read for yourself you have way too much backstory going on, so it's almost impossible to hear the tiny, quiet voice of intuition behind all the shouting of your conscious mind and emotions. That's the difference.

Of course, you may simply be a better reader generally than someone else is ...

Achlys

Reading for myself has always been more accurate in my experience. Whenever I've had readings done for me, they're usually unclear and muddled and rarely make sense, even in retrospect.

nisaba

Reading for myself has always been more accurate in my experience. Whenever I've had readings done for me, they're usually unclear and muddled and rarely make sense, even in retrospect.

To be fair, not everyone is a perfect reader, even amongst professionals. I've had some *cows* of readings, even very expensive ones. That may just be down to reader-skill levels.