2 New Tarots in Progress by Paulina Cassidy

Owl Song

I was browsing Paulina Cassidy's website for prints and I discovered she has two decks in progress.

Spiritsong Tarot
Phantasma Tarot

There are images of the Spiritsong Tarot. (Thanks, Linfang, for pointing that out!)

http://www.paulina.ws/carddecks/

I love her work. The Paulina Tarot and the Joie de Vivre Tarot read like a dream for me.

I just thought I'd give other PC fans a heads up.

Linfang

There are sample cards for the Spiritsong deck if I'm not mistaken. Lovely design, even though I am not sure how this one would read for me. Some interesting choices for the animals. If it doesn't cost a fortune (probably won't when published by US Games) I would Gernot just for the artwork.

Thanks for the post, Owl Song [emoji106]

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Owl Song

There are sample cards for the Spiritsong deck if I'm not mistaken. Lovely design, even though I am not sure how this one would read for me. Some interesting choices for the animals. If it doesn't cost a fortune (probably won't when published by US Games) I would Gernot just for the artwork.

Thanks for the post, Owl Song [emoji106]

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Thanks, Linfang, for the heads up on the images for Spiritsong. Doh! I haven't had my java yet. ;)

Agree with you on feeling uncertain about whether or not I could read with the Spiritsong deck. Fingers crossed there's a big, beautiful companion book, maybe a kit. Her LWBs are always pretty substantial. I just noticed she has some text to read along with the sample card images.

But even if it's not a reading deck, I'd pick this one up, too, for the artwork alone. I have a few of Paulina's prints in the house (my favorite is her Hierophant from the Paulina Tarot) and I really enjoy her artwork.

Morwenna

I've admired her decks but never bought one. I like the look of those animals though. I would like to see the finished deck, whether the cards have titles and how the correspondences work. The prints themselves, as they look on the website, would make a lovely shamanic oracle.

desertrat

Thank you for posting this Owl Song. I love Paulina's work also and am excited to learn about these two new decks. The website states the Spiritsong is slated for release in 2017. Fabulous!

FLizarraga

Thanks, Owl Song!

I'm not an animal deck person --with the glaring exception of the Bohemian Baroque Cats-- But this, I'll probably get even if I don't read with it, for the same reason I have her other two decks. Those cards are spectacular.

Citrin

Oh damn it!!! :( I have too many animal tarot and oracle decks as it is, but this one is just too die for! :(

I love her artwork. I adored the Paulina Tarot for a couple of years, but overall it felt a little bit too busy and the color tones were too dark. But I like her whimsical style. And I love that this one looks lighter!

Onaorkal

Wow the SpiritSong Tarot is so beautiful!

I own the Joie de Vivre and I love the art style, even though some images creep me out a little, but this animal deck is a gem!

I would also wonder about the "readability" as a tarot deck but I'm pretty sure I would not regret buying it anyway!

It's nice to know in advance what decks are going to come out so you can put some money aside hehehe!

GlitterNova

I really like the sound of the 'Phantasma' deck just by name alone. Sounds like it could be ghost or otherworldy-themed. I can't wait until we get some sample card images!