3 Swords as my strength

elena_jaymz

Hi guys, in a reading of mine the 3 Swords came out as a strength I can count on to achieve my goals. The context is education, so my goal is to improve my learning. I interpreted the card as telling me I'm able to learn from my mistakes, but I'm not sure, I pull this card very rarely and moreover it doesn't look promising.

Any other idea? Thanks so much.

Cocobird55

I would look at it as you have the strength to manage to go through hard times and recover quickly.

More

Telling the inconvenient truth lightly may be. Hurting people for their own good or for the best outcome of the situation?

rwcarter

3S as a strength could be the ability to cut to the chase (getting to the heart of the matter). It could also be the ability to tell the truth when it needs to be told regardless of the consequences.

headincloud

I was thinking of the ability to get to the heart of your studies and possibly being able to cope with the emotions this card brings, anxiety, stress etc in your emotional life perhaps tied to your studies but not necessarily.

jenster

Hi guys, in a reading of mine the 3 Swords came out as a strength I can count on to achieve my goals. The context is education, so my goal is to improve my learning. I interpreted the card as telling me I'm able to learn from my mistakes, but I'm not sure, I pull this card very rarely and moreover it doesn't look promising.

Any other idea? Thanks so much.

It could be you have failed or not done so well in the past which in turn has hurt you deeply or has hurt deeply people you care about and who care about you (a mother would be possible, they worry about our future and us being prepared for it). Hurting someone we care about feels much worse for some of us that simply disappointing our own selves.

It's not a "pretty card". I mean it's hard to just look at it and feel positive. But. But! It came up as your strength. So your past poorer performances are actually, in this case, exactly what will become your strength. Avoiding that hurt will be your driving force.

It also comes up as a card of not being able to let go of a past hurt in that it influences your present and makes you guarded. In most cases, like in romantic readings, this is a bad thing as it can stifle the progress of a new relationship but in your case it is good. By remembering and keeping it fresh in your heart and mind, by being cautious you will avoid the same mistakes.

This is not a bad card at all.

And it makes sense if you are a sensitive and/or sentimental person. For people like us a great part of our ambitions is (also) making the people we love happy.

I hope this resonates.

elena_jaymz

I would look at it as you have the strength to manage to go through hard times and recover quickly.

Hi Cocobird55, thanks. I think you're right, it adds up!

elena_jaymz

Telling the inconvenient truth lightly may be. Hurting people for their own good or for the best outcome of the situation?

Hi More, thanks. I tend to be like this, but I don't see how it could fit when it comes to improve your learning/education..

elena_jaymz

3S as a strength could be the ability to cut to the chase (getting to the heart of the matter).
Hi Rodney, thanks. I'm with you on this point.

It could also be the ability to tell the truth when it needs to be told regardless of the consequences.
As I said to More, yes, I'm like this, but I don't see a link to what I asked my cards..

elena_jaymz

It could be you have failed or not done so well in the past which in turn has hurt you deeply or has hurt deeply people you care about and who care about you (a mother would be possible, they worry about our future and us being prepared for it). Hurting someone we care about feels much worse for some of us that simply disappointing our own selves.
Ciao jenster :D (I noticed only now you're from Italy too :D), thanks for your reply. What you say does resonate, because I wasted a lot of time for fear to fail, that is I postponed many exams in the past, that's why my Bachelor's Degree lasted so long. I know I disappointed my parents, but most of all I disappointed myself. I don't want this anymore, it won't be like this with the Master Degree I'm taking now.

It's not a "pretty card". I mean it's hard to just look at it and feel positive. But. But! It came up as your strength. So your past poorer performances are actually, in this case, exactly what will become your strength. Avoiding that hurt will be your driving force.
I agree.

It also comes up as a card of not being able to let go of a past hurt in that it influences your present and makes you guarded. In most cases, like in romantic readings, this is a bad thing as it can stifle the progress of a new relationship but in your case it is good. By remembering and keeping it fresh in your heart and mind, by being cautious you will avoid the same mistakes.
Yes, I see it in the same way, it's of no use to postpone and/or to cry over the failed exams, but I rather have to try them again and learn all I need to learn as best as I can.

This is not a bad card at all.

And it makes sense if you are a sensitive and/or sentimental person. For people like us a great part of our ambitions is (also) making the people we love happy.

I hope this resonates.
Yes, that's right, I want my parents to be happy, but most of all myself. Thanks again jenster :)