Shadowscapes Study - The Sun XIX

Peregrin

From the Shadowscapes Companion book:

"Meaning: Enlightenment and understanding, glory, achieving prominence. The constant renewal of life, vitality, filled with radiant joy and energy, invigoration, and good health."

Peregrin

The sun god rides the huge King of Birds through the sunny sky. He holds his left palm out and holds his right fist to his chest. (Any idea what these gestures mean?)

At least 8 different kinds of birds (and several fairies) join the procession, jostling each other as they try to be as close as possible to the charismatic sun god. Feathers are flying!

It's like a lively victory parade, where everyone wants to claim their part of the victory.

Eeviee

The sun god rides the huge King of Birds through the sunny sky. He holds his left palm out and holds his right fist to his chest. (Any idea what these gestures mean?)

The left hand is usually indicative of the receptive/feminine, while the right is usually representative of the active/masculine.

His right fisted hand is not just upon his chest, but could be placed right upon his heart. My understanding of this (via mere human observation) is that a hand over the heart, especially when held into a fist, indicates love/compassion/bonds. As it is his right hand, held upon his chest/heart; I believe he is sharing his love and compassion with his feathered and winged friends.

His left and feminine hand is held out, palm up; indicating that he desires something. He could be asking for their love/compassion or inviting them upon this journey as companions.

Enlightenment and understanding*: Perhaps he realizes that in order to receive love he must be able to give it...
achieving prominence: He rides the biggest bird, referred to as the "Bird King", while others battle just to be near him.
assurance: Just like any human being, the Sun needs to know he is loved.
confidence: He is clearly a leader, but perhaps he is most confidant with the love/compassion/trust of his winged friends freely give to him in his arsenal.

*Italics sourced from: http://www.shadowscapes.com/Tarot/cards.php?suit=0&card=19

LilyLaments

When I look at this card I think of how you have to be receptive to the good that is in your life so that you can actually see the sun that actually shines down onto you. Perhaps I'm just projecting but I see the process starting from the outstretched left hand (receiving/accepting the flurry of color and life) which flows thru to where he grasps it to his heart/chest). From that process he's able to look towards the sun. What I think is neat is he isn't looking directly into the sun and so won't be blinded or scorched by its brilliance. I also appreciate the directional flow of this card, from the birds on the bottom and right side up thru the middle and towards the upper left where he's looking. I feel a sense of stillness in the midst of exuberant activity and motion.