study group about card combination?

Michael Sternbach

Also, potential contributors should be encouraged to open up a new thread every time they want to explore a combination that hasn't been talked about before (!). That's the only way to get somewhere with this, imo.

pandap

Sounds great to me. :thumbsup:

Grizabella

It makes me tired just thinking about it. :p

I'm thinking about it to decide whether it would work for me to give card combinations as a separate "entity" when so much of my combination meaning are done at the time of a reading. Just as a single card never always means the same thing, that's true of combinations, too, and what one reader sees, another will see something different in that combination. And for that matter, the same combination that means one thing in a reading will often mean something different for someone else at another time.

I'll be interested to see where this idea goes.

Michael Sternbach

As an astrologer, I think of the combination of astrological influences as a parallel to this. Mercury/Venus can mean a number of things, depending on their mutual aspect, their sign and house positions, their relationship to other factors in the chart etc. Nevertheless it does make sense to look at that combination per say.

Over time, there will be several examples discussed of what any card combination can mean in various contexts. I think it could be highly instructive for people seeking some inspiration how to read a particular combination.

Grizabella

When I said it makes me tired to think about it I was referring to the building of the database kind of thing. It will be so huge with information that it's going to take lots of work.

I'm at an age now where I choose my battles, though. Our mods here are amazing and if Rodney thinks it can be done, then I'm sure he can do it. :) It just makes me feel tired thinking about me doing it at this time in my life.

AJ

In the last six days there have been ten threads in Using Tarot Cards forum
on combos.
The forum is littered with them since the rules were changed about providing the whole reading, to allowing members to present just two cards.

One suggestion, the OP could go back through the year or last two years
and gather these threads in an index thread for 'seed money' so to speak.

Or One suggestion, those in favor of this type of study group could all go back through the last two years of card combos threads and post to them before starting a whole new study group.

SunsetKay

One suggestion, the OP could go back through the year or last two years
and gather these threads in an index thread for 'seed money' so to speak.

Or One suggestion, those in favor of this type of study group could all go back through the last two years of card combos threads and post to them before starting a whole new study group.

Both of those ideas are good.

My reason for interest is that even though there is already a wealth of information on combinations, funnily enough, when I'm stuck on a combo, it ISN'T one that's been posted about. At least not anywhere that I can find, and I do search most thoroughly. Not just a quick google search, but I search the text of each page of a thread about a card to see if it's mentioned in combination with the other card that I'm looking for. So that may be why the interest is there.

So perhaps combine these ideas? Post to and index what's already available and only create new for what isn't? Or is that not viable?

** I see a poster above already suggested that...

Michael Sternbach

Yes, former threads could be integrated. In cases where more than one of them treats the same combination, it would be best to blend them.

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Please give the UTC Moderators some time to figure out how best to organize this Study Group in order to make it the most useful for everyone present and future who may be interested in it. Please continue to discuss what you would/wouldn't like to see in the Study Group though.

tarot_quest

Thanks Rodney! :)

It will be a new challenge! I feel that a lot of nice discussions will arise from this.

Let us know if we can help and how after your discussions with the other moderators!