Wheel of Fortune and karma?

KnightOfTheCosmos

Hello everyone! I was reading up on karmic cards and I saw that the Devil and the Wheel of Fortune were considered karmic cards.

The Devil can represent codependency and a feeling of being trapped. The Wheel of Fortune is basically like a cycle. It's all up in the air and I connect this card to fate/destiny.

There's this person who I feel as if I have a deep bond with, but there was too much toxicity in our relationship and things ended. In readings that I've done about them, they are always represented by The Devil.

I did a "what was the point of the relationship between us" reading using a spread I found on this forum. Sure enough, the other person was The Devil. The last card was the Wheel of Fortune, which answered the question "what is the future of the relationship".

My question is this: Does the Wheel of Fortune indicate that, even though we have decided not to be together, we will get back in contact in the future, especially since it is a karmic card? I am just curious because the relationship is over so I thought (and hoped) I would have gotten Death, so I am very confused. I have been getting quite a few karmic cards as of late (Judgment, The Tower, The High Priestess, for example). They keep popping up repeatedly, but the Wheel of Fortune always confuses me, especially in this case.

Any feedback is very much appreciate. =)

Laurelle

Just because someone helps us with our Karma does not mean that they have an eternal connection to us.

The Wheel is always moving, so I would interpret this as this person will not be in your life forever. Also, the noose around the couple's neck is easily taken off. So, no you do not have to be bound karmically to this person forever.

However, if you do not learn the lesson, you may be revisited by this person. Your soul will know the true answer.

KnightOfTheCosmos

Just because someone helps us with our Karma does not mean that they have an eternal connection to us.

The Wheel is always moving, so I would interpret this as this person will not be in your life forever. Also, the noose around the couple's neck is easily taken off. So, no you do not have to be bound karmically to this person forever.

However, if you do not learn the lesson, you may be revisited by this person. Your soul will know the true answer.

Thanks so much for responding. I appreciate it a lot. What you said about the noose is something I didn't even consider. You're right, I do have a choice as to whether or not I still want this person in my life, and I don't. Not if they also cannot learn from their mistake. I don't think I'll be hearing from her again, and that's a good thing. I stopped communicating with them so I think that stopped everything. I'm happy.

And thanks for mentioning the wheel too. I always forget that it's constantly moving so nothing is permanent. I've learned my lesson. Thank you. =)

snowgurlh

Laurelle I like what you wrote but do you ever second guess your soul? I just asked the cards if x will come back into my life . I pulled wheel and 2 cups. My soul says yes he belongs with me on some level but how do I know that's not wishful thinking??! If I read the two cards pulled I'd say it means there's a chance, it's up in the air.
Sorry not trying to take over original post

PAMUYA

Karmic bond: that means a lot of different things to different people.

Karmic bond for me is saying that you have ties or unfinished business from a previous life. You would see this in the Devil, you have an act and/or an attachment/obbsession with this person or something they are involved with. Or your love was so strong you find eachother in the next life, you have karmic ties. Ever felt deja vu? That is a karmic tie. Life after life you continue to be involved with this, like being trapped in a loop. Wheel of Life is carring over karmic seeds from a previous life. Example, if you killed, you will face a similar fate in this life or in a life to come. This seed will remain until it ripens, refered to as burning the karmic seed. You must believe in karma and rebirth or this will not make sense.

The wheel of life for me is more representative of impermanence. Things are in continuous change. Karma is a part of this change, but it is your reaction to the ripening seed that determines your future. You are the key to your own future, you are writing it every day by your actions. With Karma nothing is random. So your friend that is toxic, you probably do have a karmic bond, but you in your wisdom have decided to break it, taking a different path. As long as you have shown kindness in this break this seed has burned, to never to be replayed again. If you were angry and cruel you will meet this person again in a future life, or someone will do this same action to you. I do not have the insight to predict such a thing, just something to ponder. If you believe in karma every action you make plants a seed that will ripen later.

This is why karma is such a difficult word to use, there are so many different meanings to different cultures. Western culture has a different take on it than the one I used. Anyway I went on and on, dont know if made things better or worse. Best of luck to you.

Laurelle

To me karma is cause and effect. You may need to learn something from someone else that isn't pleasant. Here is an unpleasant example, you are a thief and you constantly steal things from others. Then one day you have a friend or fall in love with someone who is constantly stealing things from you. At first you don't understand why this is happening to you, but if you start to think about it, you might realize why. If you choose to see things as cause and effect, then you learned your lesson: Don't steal. If you ignore it or it pushes you to steal MORE, then you did not learn your lesson. Then, you may carry this over into another life. This is where it gets even more unpleasant because you don't know why or where it is coming from.

Sometimes two people have some unfinished karmic business together. It does not denote soul mates or a happily ever after. It does, however, denote some kind of lesson to be learned.

Laurelle

Laurelle I like what you wrote but do you ever second guess your soul? I just asked the cards if x will come back into my life . I pulled wheel and 2 cups. My soul says yes he belongs with me on some level but how do I know that's not wishful thinking??! If I read the two cards pulled I'd say it means there's a chance, it's up in the air.
Sorry not trying to take over original post

We are getting off topic, but I would say that personally, my soul knows certain things. It's my higher self. I download information constantly that I'm not consciously aware of. The imprint is in my soul, which is ready to use at another time. So I would say the soul (subconscious) maybe aware of certain things. It may not be verbalized to you. It maybe one of those "feelings" that you have or you could know certain things and don't know where or how you learned it. For instance, a child who is a piano virtusoso, could have been a concert pianist in another life.

If you are having trouble reading about a potential romance, you are not alone. Many of us do because we put our hopes and dreams into the reading. Sometimes it's best to get a second opinion, ie, a reading from someone else. Maybe you could try the reading exchange here.

queenxofxwands

I totally agree with this. I also think the greater the lesson to be learned, the more likely the bond is to become obsessive, because in a sense, you have to be completely obsessed with something in order to master it. At least, for a time.
As regards the wheel in the future, it could indicate that there simply is no fixed outcome concerning this matter. Meaning, there will not be any kind of stable relationship. For that to happen you would need to stop the wheel. But if it was even possible to do that, the universe would probably implode or something.

KnightOfTheCosmos

Karmic bond: that means a lot of different things to different people.

Karmic bond for me is saying that you have ties or unfinished business from a previous life. You would see this in the Devil, you have an act and/or an attachment/obbsession with this person or something they are involved with. Or your love was so strong you find eachother in the next life, you have karmic ties. Ever felt deja vu? That is a karmic tie. Life after life you continue to be involved with this, like being trapped in a loop. Wheel of Life is carring over karmic seeds from a previous life. Example, if you killed, you will face a similar fate in this life or in a life to come. This seed will remain until it ripens, refered to as burning the karmic seed. You must believe in karma and rebirth or this will not make sense.

The wheel of life for me is more representative of impermanence. Things are in continuous change. Karma is a part of this change, but it is your reaction to the ripening seed that determines your future. You are the key to your own future, you are writing it every day by your actions. With Karma nothing is random. So your friend that is toxic, you probably do have a karmic bond, but you in your wisdom have decided to break it, taking a different path. As long as you have shown kindness in this break this seed has burned, to never to be replayed again. If you were angry and cruel you will meet this person again in a future life, or someone will do this same action to you. I do not have the insight to predict such a thing, just something to ponder. If you believe in karma every action you make plants a seed that will ripen later.

This is why karma is such a difficult word to use, there are so many different meanings to different cultures. Western culture has a different take on it than the one I used. Anyway I went on and on, dont know if made things better or worse. Best of luck to you.

No, what you said made a lot of sense. I do believe in karma and past lives and I felt a weird bond with her when we first met, and when we started to get to know each other. But I was worried because she always showed up as The Devil, and I knew that wasn't a good sign. I originally thought it was referring to her addictions (she's an alcoholic and a drug addict). Then I read that The Devil represents a codependent relationship and it's considered a karmic card, along with the Wheel of Fortune. That was literally our whole relationship. It wasn't a good one, it was very unstable. I tried to help her but I rarely received help when I was going through issues of my own.

I think I was as kind as I could be. Actually, she broke things off with me but she lied and then tried to get me back. Then she turned things on me and I said that I wish her the best of luck but I couldn't do this anymore. She sent me another message, pleading with me to come back, but I never responded, and that was that. I'm not sure if I was kind, but it was getting out of control.

It's interesting because the way you described karma is how I actually understood it to be. I do believe that you have to be careful with your actions, because they could come back right onto you, either in this life or another life. I want my next life to be a good one, so I hope the seed has finally been burnt. They were a lovely person, but I need stability, and I wasn't getting that. I honestly think we just came into each other's lives to teach the other how to let go (I have a huge problem with letting go). I've learned that even though something feels good, you may have to let it go if it becomes destructive. I learned that not everything can be fixed. I grew a lot, and hopefully whatever karmic bond we have is broken. Because I think it needs to break in order for us to grow.

Thanks a lot for your response. This was extremely helpful, and it made me feel even more certain that I did the right thing. =)